I Want To See New Vf-2ss Models And Toys Be Made

Phalanx

Ewww, Toynami making this mehca is a no...no! :(

I'm also wishing that some toy compny would make it. I remember I even emailed toynami and sent some pictures to them. This is what they have said before.

Thank you for your inquiry.  There are no current plans for the Mechs. 

We

have considered it but at this moment it is undecided.  Please check

back at

our website, www.toynami.com, at our news link for updates.  Thank you

for

your continued support.

Best regards,

Customer Service

Toynami Inc

377366[/snapback]

I've been a long time fan of the VF-2SS, having bought the 1:100 model kit since 1997 but never had time to build it. I saw the anime. It was only so-so. It was the badass-looking model kits that suggested me to watch it. If Yamato or Bandai makes the VF-2SS toy, I'd buy at least four. I'm sure there are some crazy folks out there who will buy a dozen or so for themselves. So, get to work Bandai!

Did Kawamori disapprove the VF-2SS or the Mac 2 show? Would it help if a prospective manufacturer propose to put a "Kawamori Disapproved" stamp on the package? LOL!

I'll definitely buy a dozen. :p

I've been a long time fan of the VF-2SS, having bought the 1:100 model kit since 1997 but never had time to build it.  I saw the anime.  It was only so-so.  It was the badass-looking model kits that suggested me to watch it.  If Yamato or Bandai makes the VF-2SS toy, I'd buy at least four.  I'm sure there are some crazy folks out there who will buy a dozen or so for themselves.  So, get to work Bandai!

Did Kawamori disapprove the VF-2SS or the Mac 2 show?  Would it help if a prospective manufacturer propose to put a "Kawamori Disapproved" stamp on the package?  LOL!

378390[/snapback]

Well Extra Large Mumma, it was both of those things because he wasn't involved in the production of Macross 2 as it was also made without his consent. I don't mind buying a dozen of them if they're still out there, and start painting them in my own paint schemes just like that's popular among the VF-1. I really wish that Yamato would make a transformable toy line of the M2 valks.

when i get my pay from my last freelance gig (don't freelance-EVER) i'll get some castilene, and a couple of kits and start prototyping...

it'll take probably 3 months just to rough out the transformation so they are durable enough, as for the body parts i SHOULD be able to crank out one a week barring no acts of god or ex girlfriend drama. i'll be building it as high end toy not as a kit if that makes any sense (focus on mobility and durablity-then likeness-think less complicated yamato) don't freak the hell out till i get some actual work done. if all goes well it should be ready for christmas morning glee.

if anybody wants to aide and assist me in the killer of my social life and my wallet let me know.

(smacks himself in the head for committing to the idea and crawls off to kiss his social life goodbye and start working on some sketches)

when i get my pay from my last freelance gig (don't freelance-EVER) i'll get some castilene, and a couple of kits and start prototyping...

it'll take probably 3 months just to rough out the transformation so they are durable enough, as for the body parts i SHOULD be able to crank out one a week barring no acts of god or ex girlfriend drama. i'll be building it as high end toy not as a kit if that makes any sense (focus on mobility and durablity-then likeness-think less complicated yamato) don't freak the hell out till i get some actual work done. if all goes well it should be ready for christmas morning glee.

if anybody wants to aide and assist me in the killer of my social life and my wallet let me know.

(smacks himself in the head for committing to the idea and crawls off to kiss his social life goodbye and start working on some sketches)

378636[/snapback]

You're doing it in 1/48 right?

• 3 months later...
I don't know what this is, looks like a resin kit or something. ;)

410127[/snapback]

That was the prototype Bandai 1/100 scale non-SAP VF-2SS plastic model, which unfortunately never made it into production. It was shown in several Japanese hobby mags at the time Macross II was first released.

Graham

Shoji never allowed MacII part of the series and never approved of it.

Then why did a few kits come out huh?!

We should make a petition or something that would kick Yamato in the butt to start production or something...

I mean cmon wouldnt ya guys love to see a 1/48 Metal Siren.

And maybe those other SDFs they showed too? *sigh*

Edit:Server seems fine to me just a bit laggy.

Edited by Dean

found some pics through google images:

http://honowo7.hp.infoseek.co.jp/vf2ss1.html

You seeing this yamato?

I want one:

vf2ss07.gifvf2ss01a.gifvf2ss13.gif

Even if s.kawamori hates it, it is part of alternate universe/alternate history of macross so there are fans dying for it.

Robotech fans have Jack Archer with the mutant head laser, so we want our mutant valk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yes, the VF-2JA was shown in episode # 2 at the culture park. Nex is piloting one and grab's Feff's Gigamesh from behind and promptly get's the arm of the VF-2JA cut off by the Gigamesh's extending scythe-type wing IIRC.

Graham

Yes, the VF-2JA was shown in episode # 2 at the culture park.  Nex is piloting one and grab's Feff's Gigamesh from behind and promptly get's the arm of the VF-2JA cut off by the Gigamesh's extending scythe-type wing IIRC.

Graham

410525[/snapback]

Ahh...thanks for that. ;)