The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

for everybody worried about the shoulder issue yamato has fixed this issue.. I have 3 garlands, 1 first issue (shoulders did break but received replacements and have not had a problem with them since.) a second red garland, perfect out of the box, im assuming was a reissue with all the problems fixed.. And a military colored garland which is indeed perfect.. So im sure for the upcoming factory color and protogarland they wont have a problem..You can even buy the red garland and shouldnt have a problem and if you do, yamato will send you replacements requiring nothing more than a email to them. I hear you guys hating on the garland because of the shoulder issue but i personally love it and think its one of yamatos best toys (my opinion of course).. I am just stating this to put the issue at ease that you shoudlnt have a prolem with any garland that you purchase new.. I cant wait for the upcoming garlands as well, even though its the same toy i absolutely love the anime and the toy even more! The guys at yamat usa are also VERY friendly so you shouldnt have a problem, i just read this thread and am sad that people arent buying this toy and supporting such a great toy because of the issue that has been solved.. And if you do get a first release, new shoulders are only an email away =).. The garland is such an awesome toy and if whoever should love this toy buy it! my only regret is the newer garlands seem to be getting more and more expensive as they get released.

Great to hear that. I wonder if graham can comment on any fixes in some kind of review here on macrossworld which can comment about if any newer-release garlands have the improvements to shoulders? I want to buy the red one and get the brown later. But waiting waiting waiting until there is some official word from yamato about fixes to the red garland. I think the only thing stopping me right now is the fact that there are so many macross toys coming out that I kinda forgot about the megazone stuff..

And yeah it's safe to buy one with the bad shoulder and know you can get replacements but what I want is one that requires no need to ask for replacements and is nice right out of the box.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's good to hear that the Garland's shoulder is in fact improved. I am looking forward to getting Proto Garland.

Just added to my Garland shopping list is Aoshima plamodel version of Garland.

Yacolog pointed to some prototype photos which are on Hobby World website.

Aoshima is releasing normal and military colors, so Garland should come molded in color like bandai kit.

Normal model comes with Shogo in riding and standing fixed poses. Military model comes with Shogo and Eve figures.

Looks just like Yamato's except laser gun can be stored when in Maneuver Craft mode.

Makes me wonder if Aoshima purchased Yamato Garland on sale and made mold out of that.

These kits will be released in October with a price tag of 4000 yen which is great.

post-4983-1190067485_thumb.jpg

post-4983-1190067492_thumb.jpg

Edited by konimon

...a second red garland, perfect out of the box, im assuming was a reissue with all the problems fixed..

Is there any way to tell the difference between the original and a fixed reissue?

You can even buy the red garland and shouldnt have a problem and if you do, yamato will send you replacements requiring nothing more than a email to them.
But will they ship outside the U.S.? I'm from the Philippines, and I doubt I can get any help from Yamato Japan.

Is there any way to tell the difference between the original and a fixed reissue?

But will they ship outside the U.S.? I'm from the Philippines, and I doubt I can get any help from Yamato Japan.

hi chet, unfortunately you cant tell the difference between the two versions.. I am also not sure about the shipping out of US part.. I would call them directly or email them at info@yamatotoysusa.com and tell them your situation.. Im sure they have an international branch of yamato that deals outside the US and japan.. So i would just give that a shot, the guys at yamato USA are really nice so im sure theyll do everything they can to help you out! good luck bro =)

And yeah it's safe to buy one with the bad shoulder and know you can get replacements but what I want is one that requires no need to ask for replacements and is nice right out of the box.

Im sure if you pciked up a retailers latest shipment of the garland it should be fine or you can order the garland directly at yamatotoys.com..

hi chet, unfortunately you cant tell the difference between the two versions.. I am also not sure about the shipping out of US part.. I would call them directly or email them at info@yamatotoysusa.com and tell them your situation.. Im sure they have an international branch of yamato that deals outside the US and japan.. So i would just give that a shot, the guys at yamato USA are really nice so im sure theyll do everything they can to help you out! good luck bro =)

The best way to know wich Garland you're getting is transforming it and check on the shoulder locking mechanism: the older shoulders have two locking positions for the arm wereas the newer version has only one "click".

As for international orders, I asked for replacement shoulders from Yamato USA and I they arrived to my door here in Mexico City safe and sound :)

It's good to hear that the Garland's shoulder is in fact improved. I am looking forward to getting Proto Garland.

Just added to my Garland shopping list is Aoshima plamodel version of Garland.

Yacolog pointed to some prototype photos which are on Hobby World website.

Aoshima is releasing normal and military colors, so Garland should come molded in color like bandai kit.

Normal model comes with Shogo in riding and standing fixed poses. Military model comes with Shogo and Eve figures.

Looks just like Yamato's except laser gun can be stored when in Maneuver Craft mode.

Makes me wonder if Aoshima purchased Yamato Garland on sale and made mold out of that.

These kits will be released in October with a price tag of 4000 yen which is great.

For a second there I thought they were old proto pics from Yamato. That front wheel is the same chunky one as Yamato's. So these are model kits? Are they the same scale as Yamato's Garland? And how come this Garland can store the gun and Yamato's can't? <_<

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

For a second there I thought they were old proto pics from Yamato. That front wheel is the same chunky one as Yamato's. So these are model kits? Are they the same scale as Yamato's Garland? And how come this Garland can store the gun and Yamato's can't? <_<

Those are model kits indeed and they are in 1/24 scale. October release seems a bit rushing, but I vaguely remember hearing that Garland kit was rumored long ago.

Not sure how Aoshima would achieve gun storage gimmick. I wonder how Aramaki originally envisioned Garland's gun storage in anime. Yamato should consider gun storage for their Garland as a part of "perfect" transformation.

I got my military version garland tonight...and the magnet in the front right tire section promptly fell out. I superglued it back in, but i had apparently turned it over in my hand and had the wrong pole facing out b/c after i tried testing it out, the magnets wouldn't draw up.

Had to carefully drill a small hole on the other side of the piece (all of this is covered by the hub thankfully) and use a nail to push the magnet out and redo the process. It all works now, but holy cow i could've done w/o the headaches.

Edited by Timberwolf

Yikes. Oh, well, thanks anyway. Don't think I'll take the risk on the original red Garland. Local toy import shops are notoriously slow to act on special requests for parts and such, and I'm guessing I'd get hit with a fat customs duties bill if I tried to import the thing from the U.S. just to take advantage of YamatoUSA's apparently better customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

HLJ clearned out the "old" first release red Garlands with a 50% off sale. That is how I got my Garland.

I tried to get the replacement shoulders at the same time but HLJ would not give them for free...since they had not failed yet... so I got a free pair from Yamato USA.

Funny that the new shoulders arrived two days before my EMS order from Japan. That was great service by Yamato USA

Okay okay....I have not had a chance to read this thread in WHOLE but I have read most of it. First question....Are the older 1/15 and newer 1/15 Garlands models? Also for all that own them...are they really as bad a** as they seem to be. I just don't wanna go spend alot of money for a piece-o-crap. I mean these look soooooooooooo AWESOME. How is the poseablity? Do they break easy when they fall over or off a shelf? I NEED to know, for I NEED to get this guy...LOL. Ummmmmm what else.......Oh yes, where to go to buy for the BEST price? THANKS.

Okay okay....I have not had a chance to read this thread in WHOLE but I have read most of it. First question....Are the older 1/15 and newer 1/15 Garlands models? Also for all that own them...are they really as bad a** as they seem to be. I just don't wanna go spend alot of money for a piece-o-crap. I mean these look soooooooooooo AWESOME. How is the poseablity? Do they break easy when they fall over or off a shelf? I NEED to know, for I NEED to get this guy...LOL. Ummmmmm what else.......Oh yes, where to go to buy for the BEST price? THANKS.

Alrighty, I just watched the youtube vid on the TFing of the Garland and what not......I must say.....I LIKE IT!!! I will be purchasing one....I just would like to know the best priced joint to get this guy. ANYONE???

THANKS.

Depends where u live. i got mine from toy-Wave.

And get a brown one, it's guaranteed to have the good shoulders.

The US, Colorado, Denver does this help? That is the one I am interested in mostly...I like the brown.

I got my military version garland tonight...and the magnet in the front right tire section promptly fell out. I superglued it back in, but i had apparently turned it over in my hand and had the wrong pole facing out b/c after i tried testing it out, the magnets wouldn't draw up.

Had to carefully drill a small hole on the other side of the piece (all of this is covered by the hub thankfully) and use a nail to push the magnet out and redo the process. It all works now, but holy cow i could've done w/o the headaches.

I'm considering on get rid of the magnets altogether and replace them for pegs. Shouldn't be so hard to do with a little planning. The right shoulder one is kinda weak on my red Garland and it's annoying to have it fall off each time I want to pose it.

Tomorrow I will be ordering an "Army Version" from LAFToys and pre-ordering a Proto. EXCITED = ME

WOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOT!!!! I just odered my 1/15 Garland "Army Version" this morning and will hopefully receive it tomorrow. Soooooooo coooooool.

Does anyone have any pics posted of their 1/15 Garland? I would REALLY like to see some cool poses.

Two pics I posted early in this thread ^_^

GREAT Pics!!! That's a couple of poses I was DEFINITELY looking for. THANKS for reposting them.

How large is the pilot figure guys please? Should i be aiming for the 1/15 or the newer ?? Proto Garland to fit my Revy Revoltech figure in? :p Any information would be awesome cheers guys.

:edit: i think there was an error with HLJ.com's Proto-Garland saying it was a different scale than 1/15. o_0

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sweeet. Yeah should be interesting in Slave mode. I might have to keep an I on the Garland Proto colour variants then. :p

I would have early birded but i guess they will do colour variants. I don't want the original 1/15 non leg thruster/engine compartments version.

Thankyou good ppl of MW! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie