Why Are Yamato Macross Toys Becoming So Expensive?

dafunguy

display7yp.jpg

359482[/snapback]

yeah!!! love the display case.... where'd u get it?? and how much???? along w/ buying all these expensive toys.... finding a nice way to display also matters....

359594[/snapback]

The display case cost about the same as a 1/48 valk! hahaha. See what I mean about the crazy prices. I got it off Craig's List from some surfer dude for $150. He was using it to display his surfing trophies. Guess he wasn't that good, cuz he only had 2 tropies in the entire case.

its funny that no one commented on the middle-man's part/role in jacking up the price..

359574[/snapback]

'Jacking up the price' is a bit harsh word to say. No to imply that I am offended in any way but the middleman has to make money to run his/her business and operations. Some people have higher overheads vs others and therefore reflects in the final sale price of the item(s).

-Kevin

359735[/snapback]

Has there been a big price difference over the year in what Yamato is charging retailers? For example, fast packs were like $45 a couple of years ago and now it going for $65. Is this because Yamato is charging more or are retailers making more profit?

I seriously feel at has something to do with the fact there is no competition. When a rival company can compete you see prices drop in order to stay alive. I am amazed at what I can buy with my money when there are sales on videogames and take into account the healthy secondhand market for quality titles. Why? Because there is so much to compete against for consumer dollars and market dominance. But when I look at yamato toys, I know it is being paid at a premium.

Will fans get ripped off and love it? Yes. Because they are fans and fans are usually the most desperate to own something even if they knew they paid more than they should have for something.

Having said that, you can't question the actual quality of the 1/48. I love it (20 years and we finally have a detailed valk) and I think if they were cheaper more people would buy them and open the door to others who are not as hardcore into macross as the people on this board. (ie they will see it and buy it on impulse similar to how people buy alternators when browsing the toy section)

359491[/snapback]

Interesting point regarding competition. I can't remember, but did Yamato start producing and releasing more stuff once Toynami's materpiece collection started coming out? And did Yamato production start slowing down when they realize Toynami wasn't really good competition?

Has there been a big price difference over the year in what Yamato is charging retailers? For example, fast packs were like $45 a couple of years ago and now it going for $65. Is this because Yamato is charging more or are retailers making more profit?

I believe this actually largely ties into the strength of the american dollar vs. japanese yen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the dollar was stronger in Japan a couple years back so a chunk of the "why am I paying more now?" simply comes from a worse conversion rate.

I agree w/jenius about the price increases, not that I think it is a good thing for buyers like us but that is one of the realities of currency.

As for 1/1 LowViz Lurker, dude just a friendly suggestion, please learn to write concise lucid statements. I realize you want to share until it hurts, but, your posts contain excessive verbiage. It is no wonder some people do not even bother reading your posts.

Yeah, LowViz, that's a huge amount of text. Perhaps you could work on your intro paragraph and provide a strong thesis so I know what the body paragraphs will be supporting without really having to delve into them. Not trying to sound critical, just offering a suggestion.

The pirce of these toys is insane..

I have 3 1/48's, 1 strike armor, and 1 GPB armor coming in a week or 2.

They are great little toys/models, but they are WAY overpriced.

Someone mentioned that the "average collector" has 6 or more 1/48's...

C'mon, back to reality.. Most average collectors probably have 1 or maybe 2 1/48 Valks..

My father is a "average" macross fan.. Hes not crazy like alot of us, but he is a fan in a more casual manner.. I clued him in to the 1/48's, he bought one and liked it, but complained that what you get is not in line with what you pay..

I honestly agreed with him...

Yamato is makeing a ton money off of these things.. Even if they are making small mfgr runs, the price is still far away from what it should be..

Then add to the fact that the US dollar is not as strong, and you have expensive overseas shipping, and also that the "middle man" has to make a buck to cover his expenses and to make a little profit..

And you have, what amounts to.. and very expensive toy/model.

My Yamatos are some of my favorite toys/models in my collection.. But they are definately over-priced.

It comes down to...

If you dont like the price, dont buy them... :lol:

Oh, and on a side note, IMO, the Toynami masterpiece collection is entriely under-rated..

No they are not as nice as the Yamato's...

But they are not **that** bad, and honestly,they have alot of advantages over the old chunky monkeys, and if the Yamatos never came to fruiition, Im sure alot of you would be waving the Toynami flag, right now.. ;)

Edited by 1994cobra

Well since the 1/60 Vf-OS is bigger than the 1/48

doesnt it make sence that it would cost as much

or more

Yeah there expensive and buying a couple at

a time isn't easy but i do it when i can.

its worth it to me. :)

Well since the 1/60 Vf-OS is bigger than the 1/48

doesnt it make sence that it would cost as much

or more

Yeah there expensive and buying a couple at

a time isn't easy but i do it when i can.

its worth it to me.  :)

360124[/snapback]

Agree, since they won't be able to milk the mold like they did with the VF-1, it should cost more if they want to maintain their current profit margin.

In a nutshell - buy what you want and can afford and be happy. We are, afterall, compensating for deprived childhoods, aren't we??

Cannot speak for others but I certainly am "compensating for [my]deprived childhood"!

Ain't that the truth. I kid you not, I used to literally dream about being able to buy Robotech (that's all I knew at the time) toys. I had a good sized amount of Transformers but I always wanted Robotech stuff. I beat the living crap out of my Jetfire toy since it was the closest thing I had... other transformers collected dust while Jetfire was used until both his arms fell off. Now I know a lot more and actually have access to the kind of toys I used to dream about being able to get... it's super sweet :)

Oh, and on a side note, IMO, the Toynami masterpiece collection is entriely under-rated..

No they are not as nice as the Yamato's...

But they are not **that** bad, and honestly,they have alot of advantages over the old chunky monkeys, and if the Yamatos never came to fruiition, Im sure alot of you would be waving the Toynami flag, right now

I agree completely with that sentiment. First of all, I think the MPC is a better toy than the 1/60. I am in constant amazement on these boards of how willing people are to completely ignore the flaws of Yamato items only to pick on Toynami for having an overly-extravagant box. True, Toynami's MPCs don't hold a candle to a Yamato 1/48 but when you can buy them for $40 they're tough to beat. That being said, most people on here are so anti anything HG that they would swear the chunky monkey is superior to the MPC so I can't imagine a scenario where they'd ever wave the Toynami flag (unless Toynami had released the 1/48 and Yamato had quit at the 1/60... even then there'd be diehards espousing the virtues of the Japanese Macross toy).

I just love toys... I try not to let the name on the box affect my opinion of what's inside. That's why I pay so much for my 1/48s... but I never pay retail for anything. :)

Cannot speak for others but I certainly am "compensating for [my]deprived childhood"!

Ain't that the truth. I kid you not, I used to literally dream about being able to buy Robotech (that's all I knew at the time) toys. I had a good sized amount of Transformers but I always wanted Robotech stuff. I beat the living crap out of my Jetfire toy since it was the closest thing I had... other transformers collected dust while Jetfire was used until both his arms fell off. Now I know a lot more and actually have access to the kind of toys I used to dream about being able to get... it's super sweet :)

I just love toys... I try not to let the name on the box affect my opinion of what's inside. That's why I pay so much for my 1/48s... but I never pay retail for anything. :)

360146[/snapback]

Dude you and I love toys, as do most people on MW! :)

I wish I had a Jetfire growing up to beat the "living crap out of". :lol::p Lucky you!

And why would anyone WANT To pay retail? IMO it is nuts! :lol::D;)

jenius I DEFINITELY agree with you on MPC's. I think nearly all the flak came because of the retail price. And I definitely think had yamato NOT come out with stuff during 2001 and had this whole HG fiasco never happened, a lot more MW'ers would have liked the MPC. I believe ginrai from masterforce.org was the one who suggested to look away from the politics and judge the toy as it is. The price turned me off as well but all the MPC's eventually were discounted at some point at the major etailer sites.

Heck I got my first 2 at nekocon for 50$ each. I got my Roy@gamestop for 10$ during a delisting clearance and an additional 50% off for the delisting(it was originally 20$).

And with the VF-0's price, yes it is high but I am glad it is just roughly 10$ more than the 1./48 VF-1. I am still going to wait a while before I throw some money on it, need to know what you guys think when you buy it and see if there is some qc flaws that need ironing out.

I agree w/jenius about the price increases, not that I think it is a good thing for buyers like us but that is one of the realities of currency.

As for 1/1 LowViz Lurker, dude just a friendly suggestion, please learn to write concise lucid statements. I realize you want to share until it hurts, but, your posts contain excessive verbiage. It is no wonder some people do not even bother reading your posts.

360107[/snapback]

Damn that 1/1 low viz lurker! :angry:<_<:huh::o:lol:

Yamato is makeing a ton money off of these things. Even if they are making small mfgr runs, the price is still far away from what it should be..

360117[/snapback]

Actually, Yamato don't necessarily make a ton of money on the 1/48 or any toy, unless they sell sufficiently large quantities.

One thing to remember, is just because the retail price of a 1/48 is say ¥14,800, that doesn't mean that Yamato is getting back ¥14,800 for each 1/48 they sell.

Between Yamato and the final customer (you), there is a usually a couple of layers of middle-man that the toy passes through first, with each one adding their own mark-up, e.g. from Yamato to distributor, from distributor to toy store, from toy store to final customer.

The actual price that Yamato sells each 1/48 for is not that high probably less than half the recommended retail price. When you deduct the production cost from this selling price, the actual profit per toy is pretty small.

Graham

Yamato is makeing a ton money off of these things. Even if they are making small mfgr runs, the price is still far away from what it should be..

360117[/snapback]

Actually, Yamato don't necessarily make a ton of money on the 1/48 or any toy, unless they sell sufficiently large quantities.

One thing to remember, is just because the retail price of a 1/48 is say ¥14,800, that doesn't mean that Yamato is getting back ¥14,800 for each 1/48 they sell.

Between Yamato and the final customer (you), there is a usually a couple of layers of middle-man that the toy passes through first, with each one adding their own mark-up, e.g. from Yamato to distributor, from distributor to toy store, from toy store to final customer.

The actual price that Yamato sells each 1/48 for is not that high probably less than half the recommended retail price. When you deduct the production cost from this selling price, the actual profit per toy is pretty small.

Graham

360290[/snapback]

That was what I intended to say previously...thanks Graham for clarifying that up...and sorry for anyone who feels offended in any ways by my ''improper' use of words.

Could you imagine if Yamato actually priced these things out to make a killer profit on them? A $400 'Low-Vis wouldn't seem unreasonable...

The best thing to do is just save in advance. You don't need a second job to get one. Just don't buy new clothes and eat noodles and avoid takeout. :D

You guys just want something to bitch about.

True, but sometimes bitching means improvements. This is the reason I like to hear both negative and positive comments from toy reviews before putting down money. Even minor things like "the stickers suck", "the skull is crooked", "is it worth it compared to what other toy companies have done?" makes a difference. I want the best I can get, at possibly bargain price so I can buy more of it.

If nobody bitched about 1/100 VF0 we might not see them upscale the toy. If you complain about what you spend your money on vs what you won't spend your money on, and the feedback is serious (not just being negative towards the company) it can result in good things. Especially if you have the money ready and want to hand it over, but simply won't buy something on principle due to a good valid reason. (ie not being impressed by part swapping or crap sculpt and no details)

There is a fine line between being a whiner, and someone giving objective opinion on something and voicing complaint. (ie floppy limbs for yf21, not enough diecast or too much diecast in unecessary places, high price for QRau vs more complex transforming toy etc)

There are two kind of complainers: 1. Complainers and 2. complainers who complain about the complainers. :)

My father is a "average" macross fan.. Hes not crazy like alot of us, but he is a fan in a more casual manner.. I clued him in to the 1/48's, he bought one and liked it, but complained that what you get is not in line with what you pay..

It's like this with games in the PAL regions. Often other regions get ripped off simply because that's what people are used to paying for them, not realising it is cheaper to import. What's funny is I know there are small retail import stores that charge way more than what you see online for 1/48 valks. The reasons are for space, it is a small shop, and they have the middle man wanting thier cut so it all boosts that price.

But my example of competition is here: had I not shopped around I would have not known there are better prices offered elswhere and this may have resulted in plain me not getting or wanting one. After a bit of shopping around I could get it at a reasonable price to me. Because of the willingness to look for a lower more competitive price for the item, there is a sale gained for the company (that makes the item) down at the consumer level, which can mean good things for the company as a result. (maybe not so for the middleman though)

So my reason for saying that "low price means more sales" has to do with this upper limit that people are willing to pay for something before it gets to that critical point where they just won't buy it. If the price keeps going up, that means you will buy less of it. Buying less of it means less money in the long run. If dude A likes it but just won't buy it due to price, then that is a potential lost sale for the company. If in future they find a way to lower the cost to make it, that might trickle down to the average joe who is interested and he might buy more than 1 of it and that results in expanding the market so more will buy it. When enough start to buy one, and more collectors buy multiples, the $ come in faster.

But people have mentioned that yamato is a small company and all so I can totally understand why thier buying audience is limited to the hardcore fan. (being 20 year old show with nobody remembering what series the mecha is from and no future fans to carry on the torch because they are obsesed with gundam) I am still happy that we are getting them, especially things like the VB6 as I am a fan of this mecha, so I will continue to support.

My point is it is still ok to continue to buy something, but also reserve the right to complain about it.

But they are not **that** bad, and honestly,they have alot of advantages over the old chunky monkeys, and if the Yamatos never came to fruiition, Im sure alot of you would be waving the Toynami flag, right now..

Others mentioned the quality of the HG/toynami valk. They are probably what my next best purchase of a valk would be, but is that saying much? Does it say more about the desperation of a fan or the quality of the toy against strong competition? Would the price even go down in the first place, had the better versions of valks from rival companies even existed? I would say no. Why? No one to compete against them.

I would rather be optimistic about the future and see progress rather than say "nothing can be done to improve something. No one should pioneer or try to raise the bar because what has been done in the past can't be bettered so don't try."

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The best thing to do is just save in advance. You don't need a second job to get one. Just don't buy new clothes and eat noodles and avoid takeout. :D
You guys just want something to bitch about.

True, but sometimes bitching means improvements. This is the reason I like to hear both negative and positive comments from toy reviews before putting down money. Even minor things like "the stickers suck", "the skull is crooked", "is it worth it compared to what other toy companies have done?" makes a difference. I want the best I can get, at possibly bargain price so I can buy more of it.

If nobody bitched about 1/100 VF0 we might not see them upscale the toy. If you complain about what you spend your money on vs what you won't spend your money on, and the feedback is serious (not just being negative towards the company) it can result in good things. Especially if you have the money ready and want to hand it over, but simply won't buy something on principle due to a good valid reason. (ie not being impressed by part swapping or crap sculpt and no details)

There is a fine line between being a whiner, and someone giving objective opinion on something and voicing complaint. (ie floppy limbs for yf21, not enough diecast or too much diecast in unecessary places, high price for QRau vs more complex transforming toy etc)

There are two kind of complainers: 1. Complainers and 2. complainers who complain about the complainers. :)

It's like this with games in the PAL regions. Often other regions get ripped off simply because that's what people are used to paying for them, not realising it is cheaper to import. What's funny is I know there are small retail import stores that charge way more than what you see online for 1/48 valks. The reasons are for space, it is a small shop, and they have the middle man wanting thier cut so it all boosts that price.

But my example of competition is here: had I not shopped around I would have not known there are better prices offered elswhere and this may have resulted in plain me not getting or wanting one. After a bit of shopping around I could get it at a reasonable price to me. Because of the willingness to look for a lower more competitive price for the item, there is a sale gained for the company (that makes the item) down at the consumer level, which can mean good things for the company as a result. (maybe not so for the middleman though)

So my reason for saying that "low price means more sales" has to do with this upper limit that people are willing to pay for something before it gets to that critical point where they just won't buy it. If the price keeps going up, that means you will buy less of it. Buying less of it means less money in the long run. If dude A likes it but just won't buy it due to price, then that is a potential lost sale for the company. If in future they find a way to lower the cost to make it, that might trickle down to the average joe who is interested and he might buy more than 1 of it and that results in expanding the market so more will buy it. When enough start to buy one, and more collectors buy multiples, the $ come in faster.

But people have mentioned that yamato is a small company and all so I can totally understand why thier buying audience is limited to the hardcore fan. (being 20 year old show with nobody remembering what series the mecha is from and no future fans to carry on the torch because they are obsesed with gundam) I am still happy that we are getting them, especially things like the VB6 as I am a fan of this mecha, so I will continue to support.

My point is it is still ok to continue to buy something, but also reserve the right to complain about it.

But they are not **that** bad, and honestly,they have alot of advantages over the old chunky monkeys, and if the Yamatos never came to fruiition, Im sure alot of you would be waving the Toynami flag, right now..

Others mentioned the quality of the HG/toynami valk. They are probably what my next best purchase of a valk would be, but is that saying much? Does it say more about the desperation of a fan or the quality of the toy against strong competition? Would the price even go down in the first place, had the better versions of valks from rival companies even existed? I would say no. Why? No one to compete against them.

I would rather be optimistic about the future and see progress rather than say "nothing can be done to improve something. No one should pioneer or try to raise the bar because what has been done in the past can't be bettered so don't try."

360336[/snapback]

Huh! I agree

Is a 1/60 larger than a 1/48?  :huh:

359781[/snapback]

No. Smaller the number the bigger it is. 1/1 would be full size. (Imagine standing next to an f-14)

359785[/snapback]

Then how come the VF-0 1/60 is said to be bigger than the VF-1 1/48? Wouldn't the VF-1 /48 be bigger than the VF-0 1/60 because the 1/48 is smaller than the 1/60, right? Either this number concept is weird or i'm not getting this. :unsure:

I still don't understand. But its accurate that the smaller the scale the bigger. So why is the VF-0 1/60 bigger than the VF-1 1/48? Isn't the VF-1 1/48 bigger than the VF-0 1/60? How can this be in terms of scales and number? To me it seems to be a contradiction or something. I am no mean a math wiz but dang its confusing. :angry:

Hey Fortress Max. 

Yup.  The 1/60 VF-0 is larger than the 1/48 VF-1 Valks. 

Overtechjunkie is right.  The smaller the scale the larger the item. 

So, the VF-0 is actually a larger fighter jet than the VF-1.  Which makes sense, considering it is the first of it's class.  By time Macross opens, many years have gone by, and the Valkyries have been much improved, and even smaller. Hell, they dont have the fuel issues the 0 did. 

God.  I just read what I wrote.  I am a nerd. 

With that, I am out of here. 

SNAP!

359820[/snapback]

I still don't understand. But its accurate that the smaller the scale the bigger. So why is the VF-0 1/60 bigger than the VF-1 1/48? Isn't the VF-1 1/48 bigger than the VF-0 1/60? How can this be in terms of scales and number? To me it seems to be a contradiction or something. I am no mean a math wiz but dang its confusing. :angry:

Dude, the valks should only be the same size in scale is if they are the same in 1/1 scale. So a 1/60 valk may be larger than a 1/48 if in 1/1 is a lot larger. So like a 1/48 scale SDF1 would be way bigger than a 1/48 valk. Even a 1/100 scale SDF would be bigger than an 1/48. So the 1/60 being bigger than a 1/48 means that the full size versions its much bigger in the 1/1 scale. So easy! :rolleyes:

lets make it simple....

Q: which toy is bigger scale-wise? this means the SCALE of the ACTUAL TOY .

A: well which fraction is greater? 1/48 or 1/60? if you can't answer this, you should be beaten to death.

Q: which toy is bigger size-wise? this means the SIZE of the ACTUAL TOY(length, width, and height).

A: the 1/60 scale VF-0 toy is bigger in SIZE, while the 1/48 scale VF-1 toy is smaller in SIZE.

Q: if the SCALE of the 1/48 is bigger, how come the SIZE of the 1/60 is bigger?

A: like comparing apples and oranges, one has nothing to do with the other, read the first 2 answers above.

Q: if the SCALE of the 1/60 is smaller, how come the SIZE of the 1/48 is smaller?

A: like comparing apples and oranges, one has nothing to do with the other, read the first 2 answers above.

Q: i still don't get it, how can this be?

A: go back to middle school math and all the secrets to scales and sizes will be revealed!

sorry if i'm being mean but i've seen this question pop up way too often, everyones answers it, but obivously not clearly enough for our mentally challenged members. :lol: might i also suggest copying and pasting this on the first page of the VF-0 thread. :rolleyes:

lets make it simple....

Q:  which toy is bigger scale-wise? this means the SCALE of the ACTUAL TOY .

A:  well which fraction is greater?  1/48 or 1/60?  if you can't answer this, you should be beaten to death. 

Q:  which toy is bigger size-wise?  this means the SIZE of the ACTUAL TOY(length, width, and height).

A:  the 1/60 scale VF-0 toy is bigger in SIZE, while the 1/48 scale VF-1 toy is smaller in SIZE.   

Q:  if the SCALE of the 1/48 is bigger, how come the SIZE of the 1/60 is bigger?

A:  like comparing apples and oranges, one has nothing to do with the other, read the first 2 answers above.

Q:  if the SCALE of the 1/60 is smaller, how come the SIZE of the 1/48 is smaller?

A:  like comparing apples and oranges, one has nothing to do with the other, read the first 2 answers above.

Q:  i still don't get it, how can this be?

A:  go back to middle school math and all the secrets to scales and sizes will be revealed! 

sorry if i'm being mean but i've seen this question pop up way too often, everyones answers it, but obivously not clearly enough for our mentally challenged members.  :lol:  might i also suggest copying and pasting this on the first page of the VF-0 thread.  :rolleyes:

360710[/snapback]

I STILL DONT GET IT !

just j/k :D

Looks like this thread got hijaked into a scale discussion, haha. OK then, has anyone actually verified that the VF-0 will be bigger than the VF-1? Has the actual measurement of the toy been published yet? Right now, all I see are prototype pictures. No one has the actual toy to take measurements, right? Did Yamato send out the measuremets yet? I don't remember seeing any side by side comparsion shots with a 1/48 VF-1, so are we all sure it's going to be bigger? Are we just assuming the 1/60 VF-0 will be bigger based on line-art specs? Where did people get these line specs anyways, and how do we know these specs are accurate? It would be so funny if we all think we are getting a bigger product and it turns out to be as small as a 1/60 VF-1. Then, going back to this thread's original topic, the 1/60 VF-0 would be so not worth it!

Don't let the scale numbers throw you off. The 1/60 VF-0 is only slightly larger than the 1/48 VF-1 because the VF-0 is naturally larger than the VF-1 in real-scale.

It has already been esablished by Graham as to what the VF-0's dimensions will be in its toy form.

Edited by myk

Yeah the whole scale confusion comes from people getting mixed up between "size" of the toy vs scale.

1/60 means a toy is smaller than the SAME thing at 1/48 (VF0 and VF1 = apples and oranges, they are not the same)

But the VF-0 is so much more massive than a VF-1 that it is still bigger in SIZE even after bringing it down to 1/60. That might be why it is slightly more expensive.

But personally I don't care so much as long as we get comparable quality in terms of details to the 1/48. (certain things like the tiny pilot being less detailed than a 1/48 pilot can't be helped at 1/60, of course)

If it is going to be more expensive and simpler transformation than the 1/48, at least add some gimmicks or something we haven't seen on 1/48. I do like that we get those armor things on the legs though. I will be getting at least one if the details are like 1/48 even though NORMALLY 1/60 means "less detail" for its scale. But due to SIZE, they should take advantage of the size to make it like the 1/48 in detail as opposed to making it closer in detail to the 1/60 VF-1 toys. Understand what I be saying, bro?

This is why, given the size of the 1/60 QRau, overall they should have made more effort to give us some extra detail like removeable missiles. But it was a missed opportunity. But becuase people get used to the idea that "1/60 VF-1 toys being less detailed than bigger 1/48", we shouldn't have to expect more detail than what we get with 1/60 VF-1.(because of matching scales) Which imo is bad. The attitude should be: let's just put as much detail in the toy if the SIZE can support it to not piss off the fan.

So a 1/60 Qrau having lots of detail while the 1/60 vf-1 having less detail (being a smaller mecha than Qrau) is fine by me. It's just that usually people associate the scale of the toy with detail. But not me. If size can support more detail than chuck as much detail into it as possible. I don't want a large toy which takes up space but with not much detail. I will buy a large toy and pay that shiping cost of the bigger box, on the condition that it has masterpiece level of quality in details. If a toy comes out that has as good a sculpt as a larger toy and somehow MORE detailed and still durable for its size, than I will prefer the smaller scale toy.

I pretty much got into 1/48 more for thier detail as opposed to wanting a "big" toy. I normally like smaller stuff becuase it is practical for me. The one thing a model has over the toy is it doesn't have to transform, and can have those fine details because you don't touch it. So if the size has to be upped as a compromise to retain good detail and durability than so be it. The last thing you want is for finer features snapping off while trying to transform it because it was too fragile to touch.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

to put it in perspective, the size difference that you see between a 1/60 and a 1/48 VF-1 in toy form is actually the same size difference between the VF-0S and the VF-1 in real life (because 1/48 VF-1 is about the same size as 1/60 VF-0)....what big birds VF-0's are.. :huh:

1308457839.jpg

aaajin

Edited by aaajin