Will Everything Be On Dvd?

Agent ONE

So I am crusin through Netflix this morning just cliking on random sh!t becasue they don't recomend me movies anymore... Seriously. Maybe its because my only 5 star rated movies are Conan the Barbarian, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and Napoleon Dynamite, but who knows. Anywho, I noticed some old not so favorite TV shows that are posted up there:

- Fraggle Rock - This was banned from TV for forcing Communist ideals on our children... I am guessing this show is part of the reason that Keith is so screwed up.

- Little House on the Prairie - Who would watch this? Time has passed this thing by. Slow moving, and lousy with old school morality.

- The Dick Van Dyke Show - Anybody who liked this show is dead! Future generations will get nothing out of this as comedy has changed and this crap isnt' funny anymore.

- Good Times - Horrible black commedy that I am actually fairly offended by. It paints black people as retarted monkies who jump around and scream.

- What's Happening! - A less family centric version of Good Times. I am totally offended by this one as well.

- Annie Oakley - Once again, anyone who has seen an episode is dead. It even sucked back then too.

- It's Howdy Doody Time! - A 1947 "classic" that was I guess funny. Seems like it was targeted at white trash back in the day, but I think the trash of today has NASCAR, so they have no need for this.

aw, but

fast times at ridgemont high,

caddyshack (original)

to name a few,,,,heres the wifes

pretty in pink (only good character was LDD)

breakfast club (I like it too)

so, you get the good with the bad,,,,,,,,and ugly (dont forget to get Fist full of dollars too)

aw, but

caddyshack (original)

so, you get the good with the bad,,,,,,,,and ugly (dont forget to get Fist full of dollars too)

350725[/snapback]

Those are movies bro, and good ones.

aw, but

caddyshack (original)

350725[/snapback]

Those are movies bro, and good ones.

350728[/snapback]

I never understood the TV releases, but I guess if you want to see every episode from Sanford and Son and miss it the 100 times its on late night,,, go for it

- Good Times - Horrible black commedy that I am actually fairly offended by. It paints black people as retarted monkies who jump around and scream.

Monkies? I'd be carefull what you say. The character of JJ has been critized as being foolish. He was they only character that jumped around and scream. Everyone else acted pretty normal more or less It was a good show but a depressing one.

Mine favorite episode is when the father faked his own death, kidnapped a young white boy to be his love save and battled evil with Marc Singer.

I recently downloaded a DVD rip of my party from my 5th birthday. The transfer was only so-so, but I was really impressed with the quality of the audio. However the content was absolutley juvenile. Was the 3 3/4" Hoth Han Solo and a pair of Snowtroopers really that impressive? Puh-leeze. Also, who gets that worked up over a birthday cake shaped like a race car? And the fashions have dated very poorly. The extras were minimal, but I did get a kick out of my own audio commentary in a vain, narcissistic way. All in all this release is poor and only serves a nich market (unlike the Agent ONE Birthday 6-pack DVD set). I give it a 3.5/10

- Fraggle Rock - This was banned from TV for forcing Communist ideals on our children... I am guessing this show is part of the reason that Keith is so screwed up.

350719[/snapback]

Wasn't this "children's" (this and that other psychodelic mess with the kid and his magic flute) show extremely popular with the Ivy league college student set back in the late '70s? I guess the program got progressively more entertaining in direct proportion to the amount of Pot they smoked back then. :rolleyes:

Edited by mechaninac

photo-204.jpg

munimula ( ?????? )

"The Agent ONE Birthday 6-pack DVD set"

CIMMERIAN PICTURES, LTD

Crom.com Video, 2004

Directed by Frank Miller and Robert Roriguez (Sin City).

Rated X+ for insane graphic violence, slight male frontal nudity, sexual situations and strong language.

Today is no ordinary birthday. When governor of California declares AgentOne's birthday "Pump you up/Don't be a girly man day" terrorists from france repel from pink helicopters to attack the mansion. AgentOne suits up Commando style complete with a replica of Allyssa Milano strapped on his back to save the day. The Frenchmen... weak and girly as they are couldn't get passed the doors as the thick white gooey substance diverted they're interest.

"Zis is magnifique! Pierre! Git me a croissant! Today, I feast!" - Jean-Luc

Story: D-

It ran in real time, a la 24, Jack Bauer style but did we really need to see the man eat, crap and shave. It also bothers me that he doesn't shut the shower curtains when he showers. I mean c'mon, why even buy curtains if your not gonna use it. The best part was when his girlfriend popped out of the cake and her huge boobs got stuck. The top tier of the cake was made too small. hehe. Then Arnold rushed to assist her by eating the frosting around her nipples. Boy was Maria pissed. The terrorist weren't really french. It was those Scots from Braveheart, Gladiator and Rome again.

Animation: F+... nothing was animated

Soundtrack: C-

Uses stock music, Wagner's Flight of the Valkyrie, Some Macross... a lot of Robotech's Reba West <_< . And the Magnificent Seven Team for the terrorist... hulloh, there was only six of them.

Cast

Everyone as themselves except Alyssa Milano and the French who were really Scots.

The Bottom Line

6 DVDs... 24 hour Bday but 72 hours of extras... it was just AgentOne flexing to the camera... and you can change angles interactively. I tried to send it back... I didn't even order it. :(

Edited by >EXO<

CIMMERIAN PICTURES, LTD

Crom.com Video, 2004

Rated X+ for insane graphic violence, slight male frontal nudity, sexual situations and strong language.

Today is no ordinary birthday. When governor of California declares AgentOne's birthday "Pump you up/Don't be a girly man day" terrorists from france repel from pink helicopters to attack the mansion.  AgentOne suits up Commando style complete with a replica of Allyssa Milano strapped on his back to save the day.  The Frenchmen... weak and girly as they are couldn't get passed the doors as the thick white gooey substance diverted they're interest. 

"Zis is magnifique! Pierre! Git me a croissant!  Today, I feast!" - Jean-Luc

It ran in real time, a la 24, Jack Bauer style but did we really need to see the man eat, crap and shave.  It also bothers me that he doesn't shut the shower curtains when he showers. I mean c'mon, why even buy curtains if your not gonna use it.  The best part was when his girlfriend popped out of the cake and her huge boobs got stuck.  The top tier of the cake was made too small. hehe.  Then Arnold rushed to assist her by eating the frosting around her nipples. Boy was Maria pissed.  The terrorist weren't really french.  It was those Scots from Braveheart, Gladiator and Rome again.

Uses stock music, Wagner's Flight of the Valkyrie, Some Macross... a lot of Robotech's Reba West <_< .  And the Magnificent Seven Team for the terrorist... hulloh, there was only six of them.

Cast

Everyone as themselves except Alyssa Milano and the French who were really Scots.

The Bottom Line

6 DVDs... 24 hour Bday but 72 hours of extras... it was just AgentOne flexing to the camera... and you can change angles interactively.  I tried to send it back... I didn't even order it. :(

350754[/snapback]

It's got Arnold, but does this DVD set have enough Southern Cross? :p

CIMMERIAN PICTURES, LTD

Crom.com Video, 2004

Today is no ordinary birthday. When governor of California declares AgentOne's birthday "Pump you up/Don't be a girly man day" terrorists from france repel from pink helicopters to attack the mansion.  AgentOne suits up Commando style complete with a replica of Allyssa Milano strapped on his back to save the day.  The Frenchmen... weak and girly as they are couldn't get passed the doors as the thick white gooey substance diverted they're interest. 

It ran in real time, a la 24, Jack Bauer style but did we really need to see the man eat, crap and shave.  It also bothers me that he doesn't shut the shower curtains when he showers. I mean c'mon, why even buy curtains if your not gonna use it.  The best part was when his girlfriend popped out of the cake and her huge boobs got stuck.  The top tier of the cake was made too small. hehe.  Then Arnold rushed to assist her by eating the frosting around her nipples. Boy was Maria pissed.  The terrorist weren't really french.  It was those Scots from Braveheart, Gladiator and Rome again.

Uses stock music, Wagner's Flight of the Valkyrie, Some Macross... a lot of Robotech's Reba West <_< .  And the Magnificent Seven Team for the terrorist... hulloh, there was only six of them.

Cast

The Bottom Line

6 DVDs... 24 hour Bday but 72 hours of extras... it was just AgentOne flexing to the camera... and you can change angles interactively.  I tried to send it back... I didn't even order it. :(

350754[/snapback]

350765[/snapback]

The producers told me that would be included in the Special Edition, as well as comments by Lucas.

350719[/snapback]

It's been 20 years since I've seen a full episode, but I'm trying to remember what was communist about it... as for the Smurfs and Captain Planet... :p

Anyway, Agent ONE, you are a riot! :D

Speaking of dvd's that are movies that come back to haunt us, my nephew works at Best Buy and came home last night with this.

7286652.jpg

Thats right, a 4 disc set of "Breakin" and its sequals. Now I have nothing against the first movie, Turbo's poppin with the broom to the tune of Tour de France is one of the best dance scenes ever. I mean we get our first glimpse at Ice-T rappin and a not well known cameo by Jean-Claude Van Damme. The sequals however were horrid and should be burned at the stake along with the Golden Girls Collector DVD set.

Edited by Zor Primus

350719[/snapback]

It's been 20 years since I've seen a full episode, but I'm trying to remember what was communist about it... as for the Smurfs and Captain Planet... :p

350769[/snapback]

Read "The Rainbow Fish". Same type of lame, anti-individualist bilge.

So I am crusin through Netflix this morning just cliking on random sh!t because they don't recomend me movies anymore... Seriously.  Maybe its because my only 5 star rated movies are The Good the Bad and the Ugly

*snip*

350719[/snapback]

Sergio Leone was the sh1t! There are only two types of people, those that like Leone films and those who don't, otherwise known as dorks :)

I know how you feel. I saw the Television DVD section at most of the retailers this month. Looking along I see tv shows that were better left buried in the past ("Real American Hero"...I swear to god). Someone hit me with a frozen trout and stop the pain.

Worst are the treatment some of these shows receive. I mean are these junky TV series really worth an uber box set with more special features included on the DVD than some of the biggest films in the last 10 years? If I had a heart, it'd be broken :(

CIMMERIAN PICTURES, LTD

Crom.com Video, 2004

Cast

The Bottom Line

350754[/snapback]

350765[/snapback]

The producers told me that would be included in the Special Edition, as well as comments by Lucas.

350767[/snapback]

I'm bot gonna buy that one though, 'cuz the doorknob shot first.

350754[/snapback]

350765[/snapback]

350767[/snapback]

350784[/snapback]

But that is the boxed set that will include "Biceps and Doorknobs: A Retrospective" featurette. That alone would make the SE a must buy.

Edited by mechaninac

I already signed up for the sequel... AgentOne Bday Part 2 12 DVD pack: 2 Fast, 2 Furious, 2 Mama Tambien!

350768[/snapback]

I saw the trailer for that last night...no way I'm watching that...they raped my childhood, his hands are too small.

:lol:

CIMMERIAN PICTURES, LTD

Crom.com Video, 2004

Cast

The Bottom Line

350754[/snapback]

350765[/snapback]

350767[/snapback]

350784[/snapback]

But will Agent One be recast with someone with small hands. :p

Chris

Only for the those who failed to preorder the "The Agent ONE Birthday 6-pack DVD set" Special Edition. :p Everyone else will get the larger than lifesize recast. Crushed doorknobs are not included.

Remember act now and you can even get your set autographed by A1! Send 69.99 + 9.99 for shipping and handling or C.O.D. in the Continental U.S.A. Paypal accepted but if you are a deadbeat expect a nightcap from the A1 squad.

Coming in Summer 2006 July 4th weekend, the First Annual A1 Con! Sign up now! For those who pre-reg before June 21, they receive a special edition A1 action figure. Offer good while supplies last.

I stopped even looking at the TV DVD sets the day I saw ALF staring back at me. I couldn't help but wonder if it came with an exclusive pog.

The sad thing is I absolutely LOVED Alf back in the day. I even loved the cartoon. <_<

I guarantee you that before next year is over we'll see, alongside Blossom, "Brotherly Love - the Complete Series!" :ph34r:

I stopped even looking at the TV DVD sets the day I saw ALF staring back at me.  I couldn't help but wonder if it came with an exclusive pog. 

The sad thing is I absolutely LOVED Alf back in the day.  I even loved the cartoon.  <_<

I guarantee you that before next year is over we'll see, alongside Blossom,  "Brotherly Love - the Complete Series!"  :ph34r:

350811[/snapback]

I bought ALF. :lol:

I stopped even looking at the TV DVD sets the day I saw ALF staring back at me.  I couldn't help but wonder if it came with an exclusive pog. 

The sad thing is I absolutely LOVED Alf back in the day.  I even loved the cartoon.  <_<

I guarantee you that before next year is over we'll see, alongside Blossom,  "Brotherly Love - the Complete Series!"  :ph34r:

350811[/snapback]

I bought ALF. :lol:

350816[/snapback]

I don't believe you! Post screenshots!

Actually, the crappier the TV show was, the more likely it can get to DVD without any problems.

But, there is a problem that many shows run into when the studio tries to release them on DVD. . . music rights. If the show featured quality, mainstream music, getting it onto DVD can be a pain.

Over the last decade, many shows have made a habit of using very current popular music in their soundtracks. But, they often only secure the rights for broadcast of the show and not the home video rights.

So, when the studio/producers want to release the series on DVD, they are faced with a huge number of songs for which they need to secure the rights all over again. . . and this is an insurmountable obstacle for a few shows that have random snippets of popular music strewn throughout each episode.

Unfortunately, many studios just decide to replace the music originally chosen (and remembered fondly by the audience as the perfect touch to a scene) with cheezy synthesized music or 3rd-rate music from their own label.

The show Ed is currently stuck in this situation. It was a great show, but probably won't make it to DVD any time soon (or ever) because of these issues. And, not to sound like a teenage girl, but Party of Five was largely stripped of its music for its DVD release, and certain scenes suffered greatly for it.

Not that I'd ever watch Po5. . . or know to refer to it as Po5. :lol:

Actually, the crappier the TV show was, the more likely it can get to DVD without any problems.

But, there is a problem that many shows run into when the studio tries to release them on DVD. . . music rights.  If the show featured quality, mainstream music, getting it onto DVD can be a pain.

Over the last decade, many shows have made a habit of using very current popular music in their soundtracks.  But, they often only secure the rights for broadcast of the show and not the home video rights.

So, when the studio/producers want to release the series on DVD, they are faced with a huge number of songs for which they need to secure the rights all over again. . . and this is an insurmountable obstacle for a few shows that have random snippets of popular music strewn throughout each episode.

Unfortunately, many studios just decide to replace the music originally chosen (and remembered fondly by the audience as the perfect touch to a scene) with cheezy synthesized music or 3rd-rate music from their own label.

The show Ed is currently stuck in this situation.  It was a great show, but probably won't make it to DVD any time soon (or ever) because of these issues.  And, not to sound like a teenage girl, but Party of Five was largely stripped of its music for its DVD release, and certain scenes suffered greatly for it.

Not that I'd ever watch Po5. . . or know to refer to it as Po5.  :lol:

350829[/snapback]

Tour of Duty immediately comes to mind. Replacing the classic rock with phoned-in studio music turned the DVD release into Tour of Doody. I can't even watch the DVDs with the new music.