William Shatner is an incredibly talented man.

JB0

At first glance, you'd think he's a genius at getting himself typecasted over and over again.

First Kirk, then T.J. Hooker, now Denny Crane.

But the reality is he's just playing a lifelong roll as William Shater as everybody and the character is just getting fatter and more indescribible in behavior as we proceed along the story.

Hey he is doing a comercial campaign over here in the U.K for All-bran

I was told he had a part in the writing of the adverts. They are quite good. He takes the mickey out of him self quite well.

Edited by big F

Hey he is doing a comercial campaign over here in the U.K for All-bran

I was told  he had a part in the writing of the adverts. They are quite good. He takes the mickey out of him self quite well.

340144[/snapback]

shatner does Seven

http://www.devilducky.com/media/22937/

kinda good sense of humor, that shatner.

William Shatner is an incredibly talented man.

what brought this on?

340267[/snapback]

The random realization that he was the only Trek castmember to get typecast, and have it NOT be his Trek character.

Edited by JB0

At first glance, you'd think he's a genius at getting himself typecasted over and over again.

First Kirk, then T.J. Hooker, now Denny Crane.

But the reality is he's just playing a lifelong roll as William Shater as everybody and the character is just getting fatter and more indescribible in behavior as we proceed along the story.

339771[/snapback]

you forgot the former priceline.com guy :lol:

while we're talking trek - someone sent me stuff about George Takei coming out of the closet? is that true?

340292[/snapback]

Man... why is it that every Asian-American actor who actually manages to become well-known for a role that breaks ethnic stereotypes turns out to be gay? First B.D. Wong, now my dear Excelsior captain. :unsure:

-Al

while we're talking trek - someone sent me stuff about George Takei coming out of the closet? is that true?

340292[/snapback]

Man... why is it that every Asian-American actor who actually manages to become well-known for a role that breaks ethnic stereotypes turns out to be gay? First B.D. Wong, now my dear Excelsior captain. :unsure:

-Al

340344[/snapback]

Well you could kind of tell from "The Naked Time" when Sulu went crazy and took off his shirt running around the ship with a fencing foil. Then Kirk just hit him and he totally crumpled limply.

I saw him in a comercial for what seemed to me to be a local law firm.. O_o

I live in Western NY, and I really didn't do any research or anything, but has anyone else seen this? I thought it was crazy, but it's actually him..

--------------------

~ Wesker 99

I saw him doing an ad for Brown and Crouppen, a local law firm here in St. Louis.

The funny thing is one of the lawyers (Terry Crouppen) used to do the commercials for his firm and over the years we've seen him expand just like Shatner! :lol:

Still, Shatner's the man!

I saw him in a comercial for what seemed to me to be a local law firm.. O_o

I live in Western NY, and I really didn't do any research or anything, but has anyone else seen this? I thought it was crazy, but it's actually him..

--------------------

~ Wesker 99

I saw him doing an ad for Brown and Crouppen, a local law firm here in St. Louis.

The funny thing is one of the lawyers (Terry Crouppen) used to do the commercials for his firm and over the years we've seen him expand just like Shatner! :lol:

Still, Shatner's the man!

340395[/snapback]

Wow! Shatner's a busy man! Here in Houston, he's featured in an ad for the Smith & Hassler law firm. They're quite amusing. The spokesman before Shatner was Robert Vaughn.

Takei coming out surprised me but it's cool I suppose. I really wanted that Excelsior show to happen and instead we got Enterprise. Ah would could have been. Remember that episode of Voyager that featured Captain Sulu and the Excelsior? I would imagine the show would have been quite like that, minus She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Mentioned. Hell, you could've had Tim Russ reprising his role as Tuvok. <_<

340292[/snapback]

I just heard that this morning on tv so it has to be true. said he has a lover for 18 years.

340458[/snapback]

Yes it is true, he came out of the closet the other day, he has been dating a man for about 18 years they said, clearly he was good at keeping his life private, I myself never would have guessed it. his recent work in play and on stage playing a gay man made him more comfortable and willing to discuss it in the open.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

• 3 weeks later...