15 year old drawing

EXO

Sorry, EXO, but this drawing is sooo much better. :ph34r:

338901[/snapback]

Only to you Dr V. :p

338971[/snapback]

What is that? A super pickle? :lol: Looks like it was done by a retarded dog. :p

339075[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think it's that bad for a 6 year old. :(

339106[/snapback]

:D

And yet....professional artists at Comico couldn't draw 1/2 as good as that. Go figure.

338295[/snapback]

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. And it's absolutely true.

Nice stuff, Exo.

339228[/snapback]

YEah, EXO is very talented, but on the other hand, the artists at comico have deadlines to meet, probably are required to do several drawings a day, so that will affect the quality of the art. The comico artists may be able to do nice work too, if they had the time to do it. Then again, maybe comico artists just suck. :huh:

And yet....professional artists at Comico couldn't draw 1/2 as good as that. Go figure.

338295[/snapback]

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. And it's absolutely true.

Nice stuff, Exo.

339228[/snapback]

YEah, EXO is very talented, but on the other hand, the artists at comico have deadlines to meet, probably are required to do several drawings a day, so that will affect the quality of the art. The comico artists may be able to do nice work too, if they had the time to do it. Then again, maybe comico artists just suck. :huh:

339278[/snapback]

True true... I actually got an acceptance letter from Academy comics after I sent in a few panel samples for the Robotech line but then their contract got canned. There was one of three chances I blew trying to get into comics. Ironically the other chance I blew was for Wildstorm (at that time was Homage Comics) which ended up publishing the new RT comics. :lol: I guess I was never meant to get paid to draw valks. (Glane, that lucky bastid)

I was 18 or 19 when I drew that. Kinda embarrassing now compared to what we can do with Photoshop.

MetalMassacre... PM me about the inking thing...

art2855231075nc.jpg

338901[/snapback]

338971[/snapback]

What is that? A super pickle? :lol: Looks like it was done by a retarded dog. :p

339075[/snapback]

Is that supposed to be Breetai from the scrapped Sentinels series? :rolleyes:

That's a farely close rendering compared to the quality of that series. ;) Very nice indeed.

Ohhh yeah !! get drawing Transformers and I for one will enjoy buying issues with your art in.

339359[/snapback]

Dreamwave isn't doing TF anymore are they? I think Devil's Due got the license now. I have no idea what Dreamwave is doing now.

Naw IDW is the one handlin the TF license. Dreamwave went bankrupt then formed Dream Engine. Don Figueroa and other tf artists and writers were not paid, Simon Fuhrman I think may not have been paid either, its evident in interviews that he has some animosity towards Pat Lee. before the collapse, Don and I believe Guido Guidi had to resort to PAYING for the shipping of their penciled pages to dreamwave, which was supposed to be covered and paid for by dreamwave.

As of now, some of the artists and writers remain awaiting for their money which has been due for quite sometime.

During dreamwaves collapse and bankruptcy, pat lee bought a porshe. No joke!

Don Figueroa and Simon Fuhrman are doing work for IDW's transformers series.

Pat and his bro made a company called dream engine, I believe the last book they worked on was X4.

And I myself have never been a fan of Pat Lee's pillsbury doughboy transformer drawings and zombie LSD enduced looking characters. I have always felt that dreamwave's main appeal was not their pencilers, but the fact that they used a lot of bold cell shading with photoshop, which while nice at first, got way too oversaturated and cliche later on.

Ohhh yeah !! get drawing Transformers and I for one will enjoy buying issues with your art in.

339359[/snapback]

Dreamwave isn't doing TF anymore are they? I think Devil's Due got the license now. I have no idea what Dreamwave is doing now.

339473[/snapback]

More about the revamped Dreamwave here:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=40825

man... I just found a pile of old drawings while rummaging thru the garage, throwing crap out.  I even had a Sentinels comic book that I started.  It's crap I tell ya!

macdrawing.jpg

338288[/snapback]

That's awesome!

Except that must be the Reba West Minmei - need to get her totally drunk to sing.

Is that supposed to be Breetai from the scrapped Sentinels series?  :rolleyes:

That's a farely close rendering compared to the quality of that series. ;)  Very nice indeed.

339405[/snapback]

I thought it was a screen grab :p

Sorry to hear about all the Dreamwave isues I didnt know Been collecting them for a while now but as with everything manga based the U.K is last to know.

338901[/snapback]

338971[/snapback]

339075[/snapback]

Actually, I don't think it's that bad for a 6 year old. :(

339106[/snapback]

How old are you now? :lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet