LOST: Solution?

or maybe he let him get away, either way, I believe he is doing it on purpose as an excuse to go kill the others.

396735[/snapback]

No way, man! Michael's turned. The Others are using him to trap the Losties, and Michael probably believes they'll give him Walt back if he does. Never trust a man with a beard like that.

Edited by bsu legato

Whatever Michael did (kill or free Henry), he did it for Walt. He'd do anything to see his boy back. I think this kind of reinforces the fact. The only parts I will believe is that he found one of them, followed them back to camp. After that, he got caught.

As for AL being dead. TV Guide confirmed it today. The character of Ana Lucia was only suppose to last this season.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

As for Libby....Cynthia Watros appears to be scheduled to appear in the finale (spoiler) in a flashback sequence. Ain't I evil? (/spoiler)

Edited by azrael

Uhm, they've already gone to get the guns. Michael has already convinced them to go after the Others. They didn't need any more convincing. So what was the point of "staging" such a slaughter to motivate them to do something they were already going to do?

And if he wanted Henry dead, he could have just killed him. No need for all the theatrics.

It seems pretty clear that the Others have offered him Walt if he frees Henry. Shooting himself is just a means of clearing himself of responsibility for it with the Survivors. And, it creates the drama of having a "double agent" among the survivors.

Best,

H

Uhm, they've already gone to get the guns.  Michael has already convinced them to go after the Others.  They didn't need any more convincing.  So what was the point of "staging" such a slaughter to motivate them to do something they were already going to do?

And if he wanted Henry dead, he could have just killed him.  No need for all the theatrics.

It seems pretty clear that the Others have offered him Walt if he frees Henry.  Shooting himself is just a means of clearing himself of responsibility for it with the Survivors.  And, it creates the drama of having a "double agent" among the survivors.

Best,

H

396751[/snapback]

michael was sleeping thru all this, he doesnt know they are going back after the others.

Lucia knew and she volunteered to stay and watch over the other they had cought.

But michael has no clue whats up.

I believe Michael has turned. Freeing Henry is just the first step in whatever crazy plan Michael and the Others have got planned. He's a mole. There are obvious sabotoge missions for Michael to complete in the near future.

michael was sleeping thru all this, he doesnt know they are going back after the others.

Lucia knew and she volunteered to stay and watch over the other they had cought.

But michael has no clue whats up.

396768[/snapback]

You mean except for the part where Michael wakes up, tells them everything that makes them go get the guns. . . and then Anna Lucia tells him that "what you said got them all riled up and they've gone to go get the guns from Sawyer."

I believe Michael has turned. Freeing Henry is just the first step in whatever crazy plan Michael and the Others have got planned. He's a mole. There are obvious sabotoge missions for Michael to complete in the near future.

Agreed, but the clip from the next episode makes it look like he gets busted. I think Libby is going to survive (although did someone post that my assumption here has been leaked out as being wrong?) and she's going to bust Michael?

I think this means we can expect Michael's death in upcoming episodes. I don't think murderers are bound to live long on this island. I'm glad we won't be seeing a "AL is pregnant with Sawyer's kid" story...

SPOILERS!!!

1) OK, where the fart does this leave Michael? I was hoping, beyond all hope, that he was brainwashed and not in control of his facilities. But the previews for next week make it seem like he was just desperate and doing anything to get Walt back (but why then, does he say that he thinks Walt isn't even alive anymore?)...

2) So does this mean the numbers mean nothing, or do they mean something more? Maybe The Pearl is simply another experiment?

3) I called that clear plastic piping as a pnuematic tube system the moment I saw it on screen. Thanks UW Hospitals and Clinics circa '97-'99!!!

4) I wasn't expecting Libby to be booted off. I was expecting her to live a bit longer. Oh well... At least she went out on heroin dreams.

5) And what the living hell were our castaways seeing in the preview? Rescue? Who knows?

To sum it up, I haven't been hooked on a show like this in years. Hooray for entertainment.

What's up with the Hanso Foundation commercial.......you see it?

Possible spoilers....I guess.....meh

Went the sublymonal.com and went through the motions and ended up at the Hanso Found. site. Looks all normal until you go to the newsletter sign up, enter a name and hit "next". Then the freaky stuff happens, but no idea what the "password" is.

Hmmph...

Spoilers from this week's episode (includes replies for WDC and GRAND CANNON):

Told ya Michael was caught by the others. They probably bartered with him. Bring back "Henry" and he can see his boy. Who knows what the arrangement was, but it was probably something to that effect.

To answer your question WDC, I'm sure the tubes are just another experiment. It's kinda hinted when you see the camera pointed at the chairs. Notice how the orientation says to take 8-hour shifts.

GRAND CANNON, the answer is...

The password was the message on Sublymonal.com. That will give you instructions to go to another spot. Ain't I evil? And yes, I did follow the instructions but every Lost fan and their mother is slowing things down so I'll try later and see if something was updated.

BTW, word from the produces is, Libby will be back, here and there (see my spoiler from last week)

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800001555

I'm a little lost.

i went to the sublymonal website and i got to a page that saide code: Heir Apparent. then on the hanso webpage i clicked on newsletter put my name in and when it asked me can you read this i typed in Heir Apparent. all i got after that was 'gotta go'. what else am i missing in terms of online easter eggs?

Edited by MrDisco

I'm a little lost.

i went to the sublymonal website and i got to a page that saide code: Heir Apparent. then on the hanso webpage i clicked on newsletter put my name in and when it asked me can you read this i typed in Heir Apparent. all i got after that was 'gotta go'. what else am i missing in terms of online easter eggs?

398644[/snapback]

You didn't answer the question:

.. when it asked me can you read this

Think of it as a live-person talking to you.

whats the call center it asks you about?is it a real number you have to call?

398690[/snapback]

1-877-HANSOORG

Yes, you can actually call that number. I tried and got busy signals. So many people called last night that they had to shut it down, i.e. it was slashdotted. You can call that number and you can get some information from it.

:)

i answered 'yes' and nothing happened.

398712[/snapback]

It should have given you a message and instructed you to call the call center. If that didn't happen, then you did something wrong.

whats the call center it asks you about?is it a real number you have to call?

398690[/snapback]

1-877-HANSOORG

Yes, you can actually call that number. I tried and got busy signals. So many people called last night that they had to shut it down, i.e. it was slashdotted. You can call that number and you can get some information from it.

:)

398708[/snapback]

is it toll free?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yup, it's official. They setup a BUNCH of websites, or partnered up with real websites to show bits of a girl named Rachel trying to expose the Hanso Foundation. When you put all the little videos together you get the video in the clip above. Haven't gotten season 2 on dvd yet, but it would be nice if they put all the video fragments on it.

All this 'secret website' stuff reminded me of a game called Majestic where you played the game by getting e-mails and phone calls and putting the pieces together.

ETA: Apparently 'Rachel' interrupted the Lost Comic-Con panel as well

Edited by uminoken

• 2 months later...

just started watching the show on abc.com

I have no clue about whats really going on

but I'm going to get he dvd set to find out.

Been reading thru this topic and i've

gleened a bit of info so i've got a better handle

on the charaters and events. Its been fun to

watch.

You might notice that it appears not a single comment was made regarding the show's second season here... that's pretty remarkable. I wonder if a lot of people stopped following it or if the mystery just didn't seem to really go anywhere in this season recently passed...

I for one, still watched every episode (Tivo) but just didn't feel like there was much to say about it.

You might notice that it appears not a single comment was made regarding the show's second season here... that's pretty remarkable. I wonder if a lot of people stopped following it or if the mystery just didn't seem to really go anywhere in this season recently passed...

I for one, still watched every episode (Tivo) but just didn't feel like there was much to say about it.

Yeah season 3 hasn't been that great. Good, but nothing special in comparison to Heroes and Battlestar Galactica. Maybe when new shows come back in February we'll see something special.

Oops, I've lost count, did we just watch the third season or the second season? I thought it was the second season but I watch everything on Tivo so I lose track of when a season starts or ends. Either way, the most recent season was definitely "meh".

You might notice that it appears not a single comment was made regarding the show's second season here... that's pretty remarkable.

It probably has something to do with some people's overwhelming need for immediate answers, and for those answers to be spelled out in the most dumbfoundingly literal terms. True Story: In regards to both the season finale last year, when we see Desmond's experiences in the hatch, and the premiere this season, a poster on another board actually commented

We only know how flight 715 crashed. We still don't know why.
:rolleyes: Edited by bsu legato

• 2 weeks later...

Do people watch this show anymore? I thought I'd give it a try, but it's just not very entertaining anymore. First season was fun but second is crap. and third season is dumb. I guess my whole problem with this show is that none of the characters are very bright.

For instance I just watched the second ep of season 3. Sayid is an idiot if he intends to set an ambush for the Others by himself. Jin and Sun have to know. Then the fact that they leave the ship unguarded, KNOWING that the others have ships of their own. It's all just too stupid.

I stopped watching halfway thru the second season becuase it annoyed me. Thought I'd pick up on the third season, but it doesn't look like its much improved at all. Quite frankly, I think its suffering BSG syndrome: the writers don't know where the hell the story will go. And oh yeah, "We're the good guys" Colleen should also add, "But we sadistic and so we'll shoot, kill, kidnap, and otherwise torment you survivors because we feel like it. But we're good guys. Really."

vinnie