LOST: Solution?

I don't know if Aaron would count since he was just a fetus on the airline. Yes, Kate does have Aaron and apparently that freaks Jack out. I could have sworn the preview said we would learn who the sixth is last episode so by my count that means they must be counting Aaron right?

1) Jack

2) Kate

3) Hurley

4) Aaron (??)

5) Sayid

6) Sun

Apparently some of "the others" make it off the island also, Ben being the most notable so far. Speaking of which, seems we're long overdue having heard from them.

Edited by jenius

Would you trust someone like Ben?

Locke does, all the time. That seems to be why he gets so mad at him. Even though he doesn't like him he knows exactly how to play him

Asian John Leguzamo is annoying. I liked how when he asked for 3.2 million dollars, ben said "why not 3.3 or 3.4?"

His psychic stuff he seems to use just for profit. Somehow he knows just how much Ben could raise in a short time, which makes it interesting that he has so much capital

If I had to bet, both Desmond and Juliet will get off the island. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode is dedicated to that very fact. Then again, we've seen post-island Ben and he doesn't seem concerned with Juliet so maybe that means she's still stuck there.

• 1 month later...

F-ing WOW

Tonights episode was Crazy :ph34r:

So much crap went down, I thought it was one of the best episodes this season.

One thing I was wondering about though, I thought they established previously that the perimeter barrier system was designed to keep the Smoke Monster out of the housing area.

When Ben unleashed it, it looked like it was coming from within the housing area.

So Widmore was the owner of Dharma?

F-ing WOW

Tonights episode was Crazy :ph34r:

So much crap went down, I thought it was one of the best episodes this season.

One thing I was wondering about though, I thought they established previously that the perimeter barrier system was designed to keep the Smoke Monster out of the housing area.

When Ben unleashed it, it looked like it was coming from within the housing area.

So Widmore was the owner of Dharma?

Well, his daughter did turn it off, and the phone warning indicated thusly, so he knew it was down, allowing him to use it as a weapon.

This episode kicked me in the balls so hard I can taste pubes. It's almost dizzying how fast events are happening this season, but last night's show was pure adrenaline. Some points I especially liked:

- Ben controlling (or "summoning" ) Smokey

- Ben going all Jason Bourne on those two camel jockeys.

- Ben's secret room, with the secret cave inside

- Ben showing what is arguably genuine emotion for Alex. No manipulation there.

Now, some speculation.

- Ben secretly responsible for Nadia's death, as a way of "recruiting" Sayid?

- Hurley, a known survivor, splits up with Sawyer, Claire & baby. Perhaps only Aaron survives?

- Jack's sudden appendicitis? Could this be a clue to his eventual guilt, ie Jack is incapacitated and thereby powerless to influence the "finale"

- Just how many red-shirts from Team Locke are left? Any?

Well, his daughter did turn it off, and the phone warning indicated thusly, so he knew it was down, allowing him to use it as a weapon.

yeah, that was obvious, but my point was, in a previous Episode, Juliet said the perimeter barrier was used to keep smokey out of the compound.

In one episode, they brought down the perimeter barrier, got inside and reactivated it and smokey couldn't get inside the compound

In last nights episode it looked like Smokey Manifested from Within the compound

post-515-1209133661_thumb.jpg

From the Season 3 Episode "Left Behind":

Kate and Juliet continue to the barracks; however, the monster returns. They take off running, and come upon the pylons. Kate jerks Juliet to a stop, says they cannot go through them. Juliet reaches into her back pocket, takes out a key, and unlocks the cuffs. She then runs to a pylon, enters an access code on a key pad, and they run across the barrier. Juliet jams the setting into the red zone. The monster zooms in and bounces off the barrier. It roils and rises, making awful noises, and is unable to pass through the fence. Then it quickly shoots away. Juliet admits that they do not know what it is, but they do know it does not like their fence. Kate asks about the key. Juliet says she was left behind, too, and by people she knew and trusted. She hoped that if Kate thought they were in it together, Kate would not leave her behind in the jungle like they did. Kate unlocks her cuff, and they continue on.

So maybe the smoke monster is sort of like how the Natives of Skull Island know how to summon Kong and they leave a person as Sacrifice to appease the beast. Maybe it's like setting a rabid pitbull loose from it's leash to go attack someone and then running away back to the house and slamming the door before it comes back looking for more stuff to bite after it's mauled what's in front of it.

Edited by chowyunskinny

I'm a latecomer to the Lost party for sure... I was into the first few eps of the show, and got turned off around the time of the Hatch bc/ I thought it was too silly... but my friend turned me back on with this season and recap of what happened up to it, and I really am enjoying it... last night's ep was incredible.

That seems to be a trick of the eye. I'm sure it already arrived by the time they heard the vibrations inside the house. The time we see it it's running wild. Ben may or may not know what that thing's all about, but he does know how to summon it clearly but it seems he doesn't want to be close to it himself. Seemed more of a last-ditch move.

Ben secretly responsible for Nadia's death, as a way of "recruiting" Sayid?

I don't think so. Seemed like he had no intention of being in the desert (maybe that one guy could speak French? :lol: ), and he seemed suprised to see that broadcast. No doubt he's happy to have a very skilled man joining him though.

I guess the big question is what kind of 'game' those two are playing. It feels to me like they're still drawing too many tangents in this show and it's hard to follow.

I don't think so. Seemed like he had no intention of being in the desert (maybe that one guy could speak French? :lol: ), and he seemed suprised to see that broadcast. No doubt he's happy to have a very skilled man joining him though

Yeah, the more I think about it, it seems like him just capitalizing on a convenient situation. Hell, Widmore might have had nothing to do with her death either.

• 1 month later...

to anyone who watched the season finale tonight

WHAT

THE

F#$%???

I have no idea where the hell they are going with this after tonights episode but yet I'm intrigued and frustrated at the same time

Felt like they were finally giving us some answers at the end of last season and this season and now we have to wait another year before we can get some answers to the mindfrack they just left us with

bastards

I honestly wasn't too thrilled with this last episode but overall this was a pretty good season. I guess my problem with the finale was a lot of it HAD to happen... there weren't many HUGE surprises other than the man in the box at the end.

to anyone who watched the season finale tonight

WHAT

THE

F#$%???

I have no idea where the hell they are going with this after tonights episode but yet I'm intrigued and frustrated at the same time

Felt like they were finally giving us some answers at the end of last season and this season and now we have to wait another year before we can get some answers to the mindfrack they just left us with

bastards

Well if anything it explains the flashbacks.

The reason why the boat didn't get them all back, why the island isn't in the same place, and confirm's Locke is the one in the coffin.

But of course it gives the whole "UR SPECAIL1" bs they've been preaching but have no real reasoning as to why one person is any more important than anyone else except amount of lines or drinking habbits.

so after the reveal at the end the only thing I could think of is that

somewhere in the 3 years after the Oceanic 6 got home, the island had to be moved again and Locke did the same thing Ben did? But didn't Ben say that the person who moved the island couldn't return? So if that wasn't the case how the hell did Locke get back?

Also does anyone think that

what Sawyer asked Kate to do was to check up on his daughter? A couple episodes ago in a flashforward, Jack got bent at Kate because she was out doing something for Sawyer and left Aaron with the sitter. Didn't Kate meet Sawyer's baby mama in one of the flashbacks?

Edited by chowyunskinny

I'll use spoilers for those planning on watching this online tomorrow but it's mostly speculation anyway.

We know Ben had a way of getting on and off the island so it's possible that Locke figured a way off as well... that would explain why the island would take him back. There's probably some significance to the name Jeremy Bentham as well. The real big mystery for me is, with all the baddies off the island, and Locke in charge of the Others, what is there on the island that could possibly go so wrong? Also, Sayid implied that Locke was killed when he said "they said it was suicide" but was he also implying to us viewers that he himself had killed Locke? Who was Claire warning Kate about reviving? What the heck was Locke going around telling people off the island that made his name unspeakable and seemed to scare/annoy people so bad?

Best scene from the finale: Jin almost making it...

Biggest hope for the new season: Now that Locke is in charge maybe someone will sit him down and say "This is what Smoky Monster is, this is why we killed Dharma, this is why there are strange animals all over the place, and this is why redheaded chick found a polar bear in a desert with the dharma insignia on it."

I agree. Why would everyone hate Desmond to not even attend his funeral??

Meh.

Never thought it was about hate myself, I just thought it was about loneliness. As soon as I saw nobody showed it was a red herring it was Locke.