LOST: Solution?

Caught this on the net somewhere:

You all know the numbers:

4 8 15 16 23 42

GPS coordinates?

Alternatively, if you put in the numbers for lat. and long. for Degrees /Minutes /Seconds (Latitude: 4° 8 Min. 15 Sec. / Longitude: 16° 23 Min. 42 Sec.) you get a spot in Central Africa near the congo. Could this be a link to the twin prop plane that crashed on the island?

post-147-1128535482.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

It could be, but with Lost the numbers represent a bunch of things. Like what does the code do when hatchdude enters it into the computer? And why would it be at the entrance? Isn't it weird that the code is at the entrance, that's like writing your combination on the door that it locks.

It could be all of the above. seems the numbers fit into everything.

334188[/snapback]

The numbers mean a lot in the series. It just adds to the mystery. I would also look out for the number "108", which also happens to be the sum of those numbers.

My 2 piece:

I'm not convinced by many people's overtechnology explaination for LOST. True, any high form of technology can seem like magic, but that doesn't really explain the effect the numbers have had on people. This thing as apparently been going on for about 200 years, considering the Black Rock. They're definitely playing the supernatural angle, but it's yet to be determined how well this will play out.

Locke seems to believe it's the island's benevolence/making a call for help, but it seems that he's probably wrong and some "enitity", the island or what, has poor intentions for the survivors.

Demond isn't in control of poo. He's there hiding, waiting for someone to bail him out. And he's been there since apparently the 70's. He doesn't have any overtech. I can see him and Russou making a great couple, so long as she doesn't think he's too psycho for her. :rolleyes:

I was kind of thinking the numbers had a "curse" to them because they were incomplete, like a half-finished magic square, but I haven't really put much effort into cracking it. Completing the sequence I guess would break the "curse".

My 2 piece:

I'm not convinced by many people's overtechnology explaination for LOST.  True, any high form of technology can seem like magic, but that doesn't really explain the effect the numbers have had on people.  This thing as apparently been going on for about 200 years, considering the Black Rock.  They're definitely playing the supernatural angle, but it's yet to be determined how well this will play out.

Locke seems to believe it's the island's benevolence/making a call for help, but it seems that he's probably wrong and some "enitity", the island or what, has poor intentions for the survivors.

Demond isn't in control of poo.  He's there hiding, waiting for someone to bail him out.  And he's been there since apparently the 70's.  He doesn't have any overtech.  I can see him and Russou making a great couple, so long as she doesn't think he's too psycho for her. :rolleyes:

I was kind of thinking the numbers had a "curse" to them because they were incomplete, like a half-finished magic square, but I haven't really put much effort into cracking it.  Completing the sequence I guess would break the "curse".

334251[/snapback]

In 1999 an alien ship crashes on a island in the pacific ocean after receiving odd numbers in space......

My 2 piece:

I'm not convinced by many people's overtechnology explaination for LOST.  True, any high form of technology can seem like magic, but that doesn't really explain the effect the numbers have had on people.  This thing as apparently been going on for about 200 years, considering the Black Rock.  They're definitely playing the supernatural angle, but it's yet to be determined how well this will play out.

Demond isn't in control of poo.  He's there hiding, waiting for someone to bail him out.  And he's been there since apparently the 70's.  He doesn't have any overtech.  I can see him and Russou making a great couple, so long as she doesn't think he's too psycho for her. :rolleyes:

I was kind of thinking the numbers had a "curse" to them because they were incomplete, like a half-finished magic square, but I haven't really put much effort into cracking it.  Completing the sequence I guess would break the "curse".

334251[/snapback]

In 1999 an alien ship crashes on a island in the pacific ocean after receiving odd numbers in space......

334257[/snapback]

LOL but Russou changed the numbers about 11 years before that.

334257[/snapback]

:lol:

Well I'm only on the 4th DVD in season one...couldnt help but read the spoilers. Nanotechnology huh... <_< Well its not exactly what I expected but makes some sense. The angle will probably turn off the show for my fiance considering she likes the mysterious "magic" side the show appears to us at this time.

Guess we'll see what unfolds this season...

I don't know how true this is, but I guess the shark that "attacks" Sawyer in last week's episode has same logo found in Desmond's batcave on one of it's fins. I guess if you watch it in slo-mo you can see it.

Nano-shark?

On a serious note, I really don't care what they present for reasons in this show, as long as they film it like they are, I'll enjoy. It's simply fun to watch!

After watching the season finale from last year, I'm pretty sure Abrams and Co have absolutely no idea where they are taking this story.

334222[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that Abrams and Co admitted that they are just making it all up as they go along.

Graham

Well, I guess I was wrong about Desmond being there for a long time, but I was right about the facility being there. Maybe the facility will blow up without the code?

I'm wondering if the radio tower recording was just from one of the guys going crazy from taking his "shift". It was initially supposed to be for those transmitting to the institute?

334251[/snapback]

Uhm, Desmond explains in the newest episode that he crashed about three years ago - and no matter, Jack was an adult when he met Desmond in the stadium, so it couldn't have been the 70's - he crashed late 90's at the earliest...

I remember a Lost thread a while back where somebody posted a clip of a plane exploding right after a black object is seen zooming off the screen. Does anybody still have it? I would love to see it again.

You mean this?

:D

losteng.gif

:edit: ah, got it!

Edited by GreatMoose

I remember a Lost thread a while back where somebody posted a clip of a plane exploding right after a black object is seen zooming off the screen. Does anybody still have it? I would love to see it again.

You mean this?

:D

:edit: ah, got it!

334350[/snapback]

YES! Thank you! :)

there is actually 2 things flying....

334842[/snapback]

Where?

334853[/snapback]

Look at the guy running on the right. There is something that is visible over his right shoulder that is definitely there before the engine blows.

334855[/snapback]

Jeebus, you're right. Thanks Drew!

Is there actually something there on the videos, or just the gif? I've seen people editing in all sorts of crap there, I wonder if that thing, shrapnel or what, is actually in the episode. I don't have the discs, so I can't check.

Anyone break into the dharma site yet?

Ok looked at the entire scene over the weekend. Yes it is still there but we've all forgotten what happend on the other end of that engine blowing up...namely a guy getting sucked into it! That more then warrants it to go ka-boom I thinks...

Looking beyond that in frame by frame shots of everything else going on, like the other engine blowing up one can see stuff flying around all over the place. I think its safe to bust this myth as to nothing more then just debris flying around.