How does having MWCON6 at Edwards AFB Sound?u

Knight26

Ok, now that I have your attention. A few of you may remember that back in July I interviewed for a Job with the 418th Flight Test Squadron at EDWARDS FREAKING AFB. Anyway, I thought I completely bombed the interview, and after two and a half months of silence I got an e-mail today. I will not post it hear but basically it asked for my SF-50, government form that explains your pay and other details, becuase they intend to MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!! Needless to say I faxed the the forms off as quickly as I could. So hopefully in the next couple weeks I will hear back from them about an offer. Of course in the next couple of weeks I also expect to hear back about a couple other jobs I applied/interviewed for. Wish me luck folks, and if all goes well I may offer to host MWCON6 next year at New Edwards, my place.

Congrats!

Get us a tour of the black hangars.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, put your hands together for EDWARDS AFB NEWEST FLIGHT TEST ENGINEER!!!!! Yes I got the offer, and they have set the start date for 14 November!!!!! If I have a house by then I offer it up for MWCon next year and we will official chirsten it New Edwards!!!!

PS Can you tell I am super excited?

Hey Knight26, total congrats to your new job :D you must be major excited i hope you can take some pictures i am looking forward to seeing your new base.

chris

Unfortunately I might not make the airshow this year because of possible commitments with my current job, which I plan to try and weasel out of. And G72 I am a civilian, no I won't be a test pilot, but I will be workign with them, formulating their flight profiles. Think of me as more like Yang Neuman from Macross Plus. Now, can I get a custom rank, something like New Edwards Commander, or Yang Neuman is my Biotch, lol. If I do make the airshow I will let you all know, and we should get together, maybe I will get to meet some of my soon to be coworkers at the same time.

Thats awesome!! Your going to host a MWCon next year? How ya going to do that I bet very little people will come...except for us. But we aint enough man....What are your ideas anyways?

332353[/snapback]

At your house doable. However on base at Edwards AFB? doubtful. Tryint to get clearance for that many people and where woudl we have it? dont forget all the collectible peopel bring to show off. We need display space. Maybe a set time for a tour of Edwards afb but even that is doubtful due to security.

worse case scenario we will have it again in Irvine. I still have the clicker and as long as teh room is not occupied or reserved it is a first come first serve basis. \

also we should move this to Macross convention section of the boards

So, Knight26, was it Shinsei Industries or General Galaxy that employed you? :p

C'mon inquiring minds wanna know if it's the YF-19 or YF-21 you are gonna be working on.

If the MWcon is at New Edwards, ya gotta make sure to invite Lucy.

But seriously, congrats on the new job.

Graham

Like I said, if I have a house by then I will consider hosting it, I will even look into the possibility of a facilities tour, but that would mroe then likely just encompass the base museum, which is open to the public. At a minimum I will host a BBQ for RSVPed MWers and friends after the airshows from now on, a mini-con of sorts.

On a related note the fact that I will be moving really hit home tonight, I know it is early, but I packed up all my valks, save the three at work. I also packed up all my aircraft models and toys at my apartment. I plan to start packing up all my non-essentials this weekend as well as go through all my things and decide what to keep or get rid of. I won't have a yardsale, but the local Salvation Army will be getting a hefty donation.

Tomorrow I will start in earnest looking for a home loan, a realtor and a house. I doubt I will have one before I move out there, but I will get started. I will in the meanwhile start looking for an apartment I can get a month to month lease at, so that I can get out as soon as I find a house. Man 53 days, 53 days and counting.

Congrats, but as far as having MWCon there, I would hope not. Been their many times , never liked the drive personally. But, as far as it being a possibility, its not that hard getting everyone in the base it self, the gate guards are inept anyhow :lol: Hope the move goes good, keep us updated.

Southern California aint that bad my town is pretty quite and good with the Mall and schools etc. Or Irvine since its a nice place but not good in scenery but its up to you thier are alot of good place to live in South California . For that BBQ party how ya know we from MW? Cause some people will just be making IDs immediatly should thier be some sorta verification that we are from MW? Anyways I hope everything turns turns out the best for you.

Best of Luck,

Dean

Southern California aint that bad my town is pretty quite and good with the Mall and schools etc. Or Irvine since its a nice place but not good in scenery but its up to you thier are alot of good place to live in South California . For that BBQ party how ya know we from MW? Cause some people will just be making IDs immediatly should thier be some sorta verification that we are from MW? Anyways I hope everything turns turns out the best for you.

Best of Luck,

Dean

332397[/snapback]

its called invitation only haha.

Hey Knight26, best of luck. when i was flying cessnas I had a long x-country trip out to mojave desert. California airport or somthing like that. anyway you kinda have to skirt by edwards air space and palmdale's airspace. when I was flying with my instructor we hear the tower guy say "kksshhhh I got a U2 taking off" my instructor and I were like what? did we miss the type of plane? those rental headsets are crap so there was a couple seconds of huh? then it dawned on me "OH SHIZNIT!!!! U2 spy plane?!!!!!! and sure enough liek a bat out of hell with ridicuolus rate of climb but a low angle of attack this thing whooshed past us about a mile away from our plane right in front of us. I didnt hear anything. it was so quiet!!!!