1/48 Cannon Fodder is here!

Neova

Interesting find last night, the little circles (divided in half) that cover up the screw on the leg on the insides of each knee are made of rubbery material, not plastic like the others. They're actually quite hard to push in and keep from fallling out.

332979[/snapback]

I didn't even notice this until you mentioned it. The one on the left leg of the CF I've got displayed wasn't seated into the hole properly. I just pushed it in with my fingernail and it's all good now.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting find last night, the little circles (divided in half) that cover up the screw on the leg on the insides of each knee are made of rubbery material, not plastic like the others. They're actually quite hard to push in and keep from fallling out.

332979[/snapback]

I didn't even notice this until you mentioned it. The one on the left leg of the CF I've got displayed wasn't seated into the hole properly. I just pushed it in with my fingernail and it's all good now.

333037[/snapback]

I just got mine from Twin Moon right now and both of the little circle caps were in at wonky angles.. pushed them in and they're fine now.

The side panels on the head weren't glued in either, no big deal.

Otherwise, gotta love the guy.. I like the shade of brown they used... and dark brown used for the intake covers and feet is a nice choice.

Great job from Tam as usual on the shipping.

Well I finally got mine much sooner than I suspected on a friday instead of on Tuesday I was to anxious to get home to open it but as see from any photo I see of everyones CF I'm not the only one that has a CF with a silver head laser. I thought they were black from the prototype pictures. But atleast it came with a heat shield. as others complained some of theirs didn't come with it. I lucked out this time. :D

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I've got my CF up in its own thread cuz I detailed it....

Anyone else notice that there is no pilot figure in the CF on the box?  It's flying in badly photoshopped space with no pilot.

337893[/snapback]

Don't get me started on Yamato's art work on the boxes. I know it's a silly gripe but when I see the work that they did on their Votoms (it's the same company, no?), I feel like Valk fans are getting gypped. There's TONS of great Macross artwork that they could have easily used on the packaging but instead they go for some second-rate photochopping. Ugh. :angry:

Anyone else notice that there is no pilot figure in the CF on the box?  It's flying in badly photoshopped space with no pilot.

337893[/snapback]

Don't get me started on Yamato's art work on the boxes. I know it's a silly gripe but when I see the work that they did on their Votoms (it's the same company, no?), I feel like Valk fans are getting gypped. There's TONS of great Macross artwork that they could have easily used on the packaging but instead they go for some second-rate photochopping. Ugh. :angry:

337937[/snapback]

What? And spend another $100 like Toynami to get the book case version? :lol:

What?  And spend another $100 like Toynami to get the book case version?  :lol:

337991[/snapback]

Funny, but I think some boxes in the design of the Macross "Gold Book" would look awesome (especially for those that don't take their toys out of the boxes). Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'd pay an extra $100. . . well, maybe if Yamato gave the 1/48s the light up eye (or head as the case may be). :D

Just kidding about the light, BTW.

337991[/snapback]

Funny, but I think some boxes in the design of the Macross "Gold Book" would look awesome (especially for those that don't take their toys out of the boxes). Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'd pay an extra $100. . . well, maybe if Yamato gave the 1/48s the light up eye (or head as the case may be). :D

338123[/snapback]

wait till you see this --> 1/48 yamato light up heads

337991[/snapback]

338123[/snapback]

Well for me it would be expensive since I bought 32 of these CFs... :blink::o

Jeebus, 32 CF's? Wow....

About the boxart for the Yammie Valks: I just think that for the price we're paying for the 1/48 (which is comparable to a Scopedog) they can afford to take the time and money to produce a comparable box for the dang thing. Just makes me shake my head, that's all.

337991[/snapback]

338123[/snapback]

Well for me it would be expensive since I bought 32 of these CFs... :blink::o

338301[/snapback]

That'll teach you. :p

Got mine, need to check the qc on these but I think it'll be ok.

BUT, I got to agree the artwork is poo. Yamato should've spend a bit more time creating and/or using original DYRL artwork instead of the f'ugly photoshop image.  <_<  :angry:

338294[/snapback]

Now that my (first) CF has arrived, I can trully see how crap-tastic the box art is. Good thing is that I'm used to going out with unattractive women, so I'm used to saying, "It's what's on the inside that counts." :)

Luckily, my CF did come equipped with a "heat sheild," and hey, no crooked skulls to worry about. Although, I do think the "mass produciton type" label on the box is indicative of the level of quality control put forth by Yamato on this one.

Nah guys, Godzilla is just buying all of our 1/48s for "safe keeping" So just in case we suddenly dont have any places to buy more 1/48s, then we can always buy it from him  :p  Either that or he wants Yamato to keep pumpin new Macross stuff...u know supporting the cause for a greater good.  :D

- Jin

338503[/snapback]

Considering the way these 1/48s have been appreciating in value, it probably wasn't a bad investment for him.

337893[/snapback]

337937[/snapback]

I could have done a better job with it. I did a box art design project for my VF-1S and VF-1A with the fast packs on them. I imagine I would have done better .... if I was contracted to do so.... heh heheh heh think of all money I get for every box sold with my design on it. :rolleyes: