VF-X & VF-X2

Roy Focker

I've read about them on the Macross Compedium and game faqs. I know the general story, the character, etc but I want to read a good synopis. You know one that's written from a story point of view and not just who you need to kill to advanced to the next level.

It's been a while since I've played either but...

VFX-1 was pretty straight forward. An all girl singing group (the Milky Dolls) are captured by a group of rogue Zentradi, and you as a member of an elite task force are sent to save them. There's not much in the way of story, but the vocal themes were great.

VFX-2 is a huge improvement, and definately good enough to be it's own OVA. In this one, it's 2050, and you play as Aegis Focker (no apparent relation), recently assigned to the elite VFX Ravens squadren. Things start off with a training mission, and the usual amount of new guy ribbing. Aegis begins to engratiate himself with the squad lead Gilliam on various missions (all codenamed after classic musicals), coming across what appear to be black market tech equipped bad guys equipped with a new jamming weapon that renders missile targetting systems useless. It's later discovered that they belong to a corrupt coorperation bent on universal domination that's comprised of allied humans & Zentradi. Aegis & Gilliam come across a very Milia-esque female ace (cmplete with a red VF-1J) that toys with Aegis, only to have Gilliam take off with her, & be branded a traiter by the UN Spacy. The next few missions involve run ins with the cooerpation & Aegis taking over as leader of the Ravens (with two co-pilots in to, choosing which to use is entirely up to you). Things lead to a head when Aegis is ordered to fight Gilliam (who turns out to have joined a 3rd faction all together), and is forced to make a decision to either fight him or join him (fighting him ends the game, and is the wrong choice). Turns out not only one of your co-pilots was a traitor, but the U.N. Spacy coommander (at least the head honcho who throws down your orders) was the main badguy all along. They (the bad faction) steal Battle 13 (in the same line as Battle 7), and pit it, a small army of the mass produced Ghost fighters from Plus, and the new missile jamming weapon against Gilliams small band of rebels. Obviously good prevails, but Gilliam dies in the process (in a sweet battle against a VF-22), and the universe is saved.

Mind you this is an abridged story description in and of itself, and I'm sure that I'm leaving something out, but it's more interesting then I'm making it out. Fleshed out, it would have been a great OVA.

I played vfx 2 it was fun in the begginging but it gets boring near the end. The gameplay had lots of freedom like changing it genwalk or battledroid when ever you want but the camera sux which is very hard to target the enemy. Also while playing i felt that the plane seems like a moving turret carrying hundreds of missles. The game was alot better than macross plus which in Macross plus it gives you less freedom in changing modes, but the camera in it was good and it had multiplayer.

VFX-1 was pretty straight forward. An all girl singing group (the Milky Dolls) are captured by a group of rogue Zentradi, and you as a member of an elite task force are sent to save them. There's not much in the way of story, but the vocal themes were great.

VFX-2 is a huge improvement, and definately good enough to be it's own OVA. In this one, it's 2050, and you play as Aegis Focker (no apparent relation), recently assigned to the elite VFX Ravens squadren. Things start off with a training mission, and the usual amount of new guy ribbing. Aegis begins to engratiate himself with the squad lead Gilliam on various missions (all codenamed after classic musicals), coming across what appear to be black market tech equipped bad guys equipped with a new jamming weapon that renders missile targetting systems useless. It's later discovered that they belong to a corrupt coorperation bent on universal domination that's comprised of allied humans & Zentradi. Aegis & Gilliam come across a very Milia-esque female ace (cmplete with a red VF-1J) that toys with Aegis, only to have Gilliam take off with her, & be branded a traiter by the UN Spacy. The next few missions involve run ins with the cooerpation & Aegis taking over as leader of the Ravens (with two co-pilots in to, choosing which to use is entirely up to you). Things lead to a head when Aegis is ordered to fight Gilliam (who turns out to have joined a 3rd faction all together), and is forced to make a decision to either fight him or join him (fighting him ends the game, and is the wrong choice). Turns out not only one of your co-pilots was a traitor, but the U.N. Spacy coommander (at least the head honcho who throws down your orders) was the main badguy all along. They (the bad faction) steal Battle 13 (in the same line as Battle 7), and pit it, a small army of the mass produced Ghost fighters from Plus, and the new missile jamming weapon against Gilliams small band of rebels. Obviously good prevails, but Gilliam dies in the process (in a sweet battle against a VF-22), and the universe is saved.

Mind you this is an abridged story description in and of itself, and I'm sure that I'm leaving something out, but it's more interesting then I'm making it out. Fleshed out, it would have been a great OVA.

318937[/snapback]

Yeah, it's been ages since I've played it, but it's all great... There should've been more cut-scenes though, it was mostly just still frames.

On the 20th Anniversary DVD you get the pre-climax scene, complete with the Jamming-system equipped Macross 13. I love the bit where all the missiles explode around it, giving it an evil, flaming halo. Now THAT would make a killer desktop wallpaper. Anybody....?

Aegis & Gilliam come across a very Milia-esque female ace (cmplete with a red VF-1J)

318937[/snapback]

She use a red Vf-1S not a vf-1J

319061[/snapback]

Got anymore of those shot dude? Bigger ones would make great wallpapers. :)

What I didn't get with that is how come she is so fast and agile with a VF-1S. It's probably a VF-1X, but still!

Edited by kensei

Aegis & Gilliam come across a very Milia-esque female ace (cmplete with a red VF-1J)

318937[/snapback]

She use a red Vf-1S not a vf-1J

319061[/snapback]

Got anymore of those shot dude? Bigger ones would make great wallpapers. :)

What I didn't get with that is how come she is so fast and agile with a VF-1S. It's probably a VF-1X, but still!

319656[/snapback]

The pic was ripped form the very Vfx-2 CD in its original size, don't know where to find a bigger one, however Photoshop can do miracles

Indeed her Valkyrie its a vf-1x as any vf-1 in vfx-2.

post-2092-1123876755_thumb.jpg

I can get it at this collectable show evry Wensday and Saturday but the thing the guy that sells it is asking too much of a price like $140 I can't waste money on it since I need it...

321416[/snapback]

That's what they call "thievery"

I can get it at this collectable show evry Wensday and Saturday but the thing the guy that sells it is asking too much of a price like $140 I can't waste money on it since I need it...

321416[/snapback]

That's what they call "thievery"

321438[/snapback]

I thought it was called "getting raped in the ass."

I see what you ment but I can't its a personal thing and I'm not a jack ass to make steal or anything I'll get a picture sometime if you guys want to see it. If I can I'll get the dude's email to sell it to one ya but it might be some time before I go again if anyone is intrested..

Edited by Logan

Are you referring to the US edition of VFX-2??? If so, I will have to have a talk and shoot around town for it. Is this guy at Frank & Sons?

I ment the Macross Plus Game Edition. Its been a while since I have been thier but thier is a chance some one could have bought it..But at its price I doubt it. I forgot where the guy's booth was though. I heard something about VFX-2 being released on its 25th Anniversary since Licensing Issues have been a problem. I got VFX-2 originial Import at least. Thier is a chance VFX-2 could be coming out in 2007 English maybe a remake of the whole game but thats a theorie of mine.I'm willing to make copies of VFX-2 for PS if anyone wants them :D

Edited by Logan

I have the VF-X2 import version for sale but seems like the copy version is already available :(

As for the Macross Plus game, as far as I know, Graham has one for sale...brand new and still originally shrink wrapped B)) Perhaps give him a PM whoever is interested :p

I have M+ for PSX. I can try and copy it, but I'm not sure how I'm going to share it. Any suggestions?

I only saw the cover of the Macross Plus game I wonder if its any fun playin?

There are differening opinions on that. I myself like it. It's a little different from the other Macross games. Unfortunately, there is no manual transformation. You play as a a battroid for a couple of missions, then you play as fighter for a couple of missions, and then batrroid again and so on and so forth. This bothers a lot of people. Also, the game is fairly short too. To make things worse, a some find the game easy (I have to disagree, but maybe that's because I suck at it :D). The gameplay is similar to VFX-2, but still pretty different. It's much more arcade like. Although not perfect, it's still a pretty good game, especially with it being a liscensed one. I give it a 4 out of 5. ;)

Oh you dont have to make a copy of it. I played VFX-2 the gameplay is very fun and the only thing that itches me is the graphics. If this game was integerated into today's graphics it can be one the best Macross games out thier :)

I managed to get myself an Orignial copy of VFX-2 its not a copy or anything since the CD itself has a sepcial CD cover that any games hardly have. The VFX-2 symbol is like carved on it can you can feel it. By that I know its an Original copie.

Edited by Logan

I'm bummed. I bought VF-X2 way back when it came out, played it, beat it, and then ended up selling it. :(

Now I'm trying to DL it and the one seed closed up shop when I only had about 25 megs more to go. :angry:

Oh well. It would've been nice to play that game again. It was awesome. The controls are quirky, but once you get used to them they're no problem whatsoever.

I'm bummed. I bought VF-X2 way back when it came out, played it, beat it, and then ended up selling it.  :(

Now I'm trying to DL it and the one seed closed up shop when I only had about 25 megs more to go.  :angry:

Oh well. It would've been nice to play that game again. It was awesome. The controls are quirky, but once you get used to them they're no problem whatsoever.

322994[/snapback]

:lol::lol: The game is still fun, it may lack the graphics and everything but the gameplay just buys it out. Play this game while ya all can you dont want to sell it.

OK, someone was kind enough to seed it again and I finished up the DL (if it was someone here, thanks). Now the problem is that the file shows up as a .img on my computer (i'm on a mac) and I really don't think my psx emulator will play that type of file.

Any hints?

323426[/snapback]

Get an IBM clone? :p

Seriously, I don't know the state of Mac PS emulation. IMG is a standard format, though. I'd try it first.

After that, I'd look for an image converter(had to do this for my IBM-clone stuff a time or 2). Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by JB0

For those who had trouble with the control, don't forget before starting the game to go into settings, and change the scheme to "forward." Makes a world of difference.

323576[/snapback]

I know, I tried this a million times. I dunno if I got a messed-up version of the game but this never, ever worked for me. I changed it on the options menu, and when I went into the game I still only had the other two view options... :(

OK, someone was kind enough to seed it again and I finished up the DL (if it was someone here, thanks). Now the problem is that the file shows up as a .img on my computer (i'm on a mac) and I really don't think my psx emulator will play that type of file.

Any hints?

323426[/snapback]

You should just get CD Image Burning Program and just burn it to a CD. Or just use a PS emulator since they read CD Images just check if Macs work with it.

That option never seems to work for me either <_< is the game glitched or something?