Highlander...the Anime?!

• 7 months later...

So will this be related to the aweful 90's made for the USA network cartoon that took place in the Future with yet another "McCloud," but never actually showed anyones heads being cut off?

Actually the Evil Immortal did cut people's heads off... but only off screen, that was the few times he go to one of the remaining Immortals before Remeriz and Quintin. If Quintin got their first, they just transfered their powers over to him.

did that series ever have a real ending? Or did it not make it that far.

Considering how rare immortals tend to be, I find it laughable that the MacLeod clan managed to birth three of them.

The character designs look like crap and the whole story sounds pretty lame. I suppose the great irony is that the Highlander license is itself proving to be immortal, despite good taste calling for it's end.

Did ya right click and save as? That helps ya know lol.

I thought the trailer was okay, but I think I liked the teaser alot more I think. This seems like a redux of 1 and 2.

Umm...yeah I did. And it stopped and said that it couldn't download the trailer. <_<

So linky STILL no worky...oh well. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

To me it looks like they're really trying to push for a redux of Highlander 2.....but the way I see it, each movie is like an alternate reality of eachother, espically the last 2 movies and the series which my honest opinion were HORRIBLE.

• 4 months later...

I liked it. The number of previous encounters was far too rediculous, but it's nice to get a villain in a movie that's not a Kurgan wanna-be. If they could to more side-stories or stuff that isn't necessarily cannon it will keep my interest

I saw most of it on Sci-Fi too. And surprisingly, it wasn't that bad.

Granted, there's some over-stylized animation scenes here and there, and some of the characters are a bit cliche.

But overall, it was a good story. It's definitely one of the better additions to the Highlander universe in recent years.

Gotta agree with you too, Wes: the villian had a cool, calm coldness about him that worked fairly well. Plus, it's a nice change of pace to see the main character almost constantly getting jacked up. :D

BTW, was it just me, or was the actor who played Joe Dawson doing the voice of Doc?

BTW, was it just me, or was the actor who played Joe Dawson doing the voice of Doc?

Yeah, I heard they were going to have Jim Brynes in it, and I was wondering why? Then I looked up his IMDB info and apparently he's no VA amature.

btw I'm going to wait a couple of months to buy this as the SE is supposed to have more footage, athough it's easy to find the current one for $10.