Rumor Mill - rgd GBP-1, Low Vis, CF

Evanta

Heard from my supplier the following 'confirmed' rumors... believe wat you will, but they should be reliable IMO.

1. GBP-1

- WILL come as just armour, and also bundled w/ VF-1J which will serve as 2nd production run. The entire 1st production run has been snapped up by wholesalers, expect them to run out quite fast.

2. Low Vis

- WILL be reissued, but with some differences so as not to short-change those already with their expensive LVs. Box cover maybe?

3. Cannon Fodder

- Will come in 2 versions, limited and unlimited. The difference will be a sticker for the limited one, but I have no idea whether it's on the box or toy.

4. VB-6 Koenig Monster - 2nd Production run w/ QC fixed

- I just got one with supposeded QC fixes, haven't opened it to check yet. My dealer says the missile pods should open. :blink:

Could be, but a Revised Monster I dont think so.

sells wasnt that great from what I heard. Why bothering with a new release?

A Sticker to tell the difference between a limited and a normal release? :blink: Maybe in the box? TRUs maybe? (ALA 1/60 CF?) anyways, I dont buy it.

Somehow I don't think there will be two types of CF. I have mention in the CF post, so far I have seen the Japan online shops taking pre-orders as either LE or normal production. There's no single shop taking pre-orders for both types.

As for a LV, it will have to be a significant difference from the LE not to piss off collectors. Maybe a slight variation in colour and prob no panel lines and weathering, but still I don't think that will please some collectors. If it does comes out yay for us. Maybe Yamato doesn't care if they piss off the customers as since they may be coming to an end to Macross :(

Heard from my supplier the following 'confirmed' rumors... believe wat you will, but they should be reliable IMO.

1. GBP-1

- WILL come as just armour, and also bundled w/ VF-1J which will serve as 2nd production run. The entire 1st production run has been snapped up by wholesalers, expect them to run out quite fast.

2. Low Vis

- WILL be reissued, but with some differences so as not to short-change those already with their expensive LVs. Box cover maybe?

3. Cannon Fodder

- Will come in 2 versions, limited and unlimited. The difference will be a sticker for the limited one, but I have no idea whether it's on the box or toy.

4. VB-6 Koenig Monster - 2nd Production run w/ QC fixed

- I just got one with supposeded QC fixes, haven't opened it to check yet. My dealer says the missile pods should open. :blink:

2 out of 4 aint bad :lol: . (1 & 3) ;)

I believed the recent monster i got is a 2nd issue with QC fixed.

but I cannot confirm as it is still mint in box sealed...and it will stay that way for quite some time

I can say no 4 is more lilkey to be a reality than a rumour !

:lol:

I have heard of the above rumours before. but i don't want to believe it..it's just idiotic...a sticker for two versions of CF. i may be a completist, but im not dumb enough to buy two CFs.

As for the Low Vis..what i heard was a whole low vis squadron...1J.1S. but heck...who cares. i'll just wait for the official news

opened up my VB-6, but haven't taken him out completely, just checked for the missile covers and the peg which is supposedly backward.

The missile covers open easily now w/o glue or watever blocking, the pegs are still placed forward though.

I have heard of the above rumours before. but i don't want to believe it..it's just idiotic...a sticker for two versions of CF. i may be a completist, but im not dumb enough to buy two CFs.

As for the Low Vis..what i heard was a whole low vis squadron...1J.1S. but heck...who cares. i'll just wait for the official news

I want a low viz 1S and 1J mini squadron ! :lol:

opened up my VB-6, but haven't taken him out completely, just checked for the missile covers and the peg which is supposedly backward.

The missile covers open easily now w/o glue or watever blocking, the pegs are still placed forward though.

You mean they just reissued it as is? No colour change or anything?

Wow, that's laziness. <_<

I'm waiting for the Lowviz GBP supposedly coming out in 2006...yeah thats it.........

low viz GBP....yeah with fast pack amor included..... yeah thats it...

thats the ti....."""

Edited by orguss01

Would love a Low Viz for myself, looks the most like a regular plane. Would also like it to be a 1A since it seems most proper. It WOULD suck for those who shelled big bucks for the original though. I think it would do a lot to their value unless it was signifcantly inferior in some way.

CF special edition or not.. who really cares? Unless you're a collector, a CF is a CF. If I get one or the other, I'll be a happy camper.

Would love to see a second version Koenig monster fixed. (BTW when are reviews of these toys going to be done by graham?) Maybe they could add the chest cannon? :D I want to see more game mecha released.

As for limited and mass-produced versions of CF I would like that. Maybe they could give the LE version a different tone, and more printed-on details, (instead of crappy yamato stickers - soo stingy!). This would make it the ultimate version and the envy of the non-LE cf crowd.

As for low vis no.2: make it black painted vf1s with glossy metallic finish to give it a diecast quality to it. :D (kind of similar to bandai vf17s) :D ah.. on second thoughts make it a poo brown valk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Would love to see a second version Koenig monster fixed. (BTW when are reviews of these toys going to be done by graham?) Maybe they could add the chest cannon? :D I want to see more game mecha released.

As for limited and mass-produced versions of CF I would like that. Maybe they could give the LE version a different tone, and more printed-on details, (instead of crappy yamato stickers - soo stingy!). This would make it the ultimate version and the envy of the non-LE cf crowd.

As for low vis no.2: make it black painted vf1s with glossy metallic finish to give it a diecast quality to it. :D (kind of similar to bandai vf17s) :D

You mean they just reissued it as is? No colour change or anything?

Wow, that's laziness. <_<

Wha?! The VB has been reissued? :blink:

I like what Toonz said.. a 1S low viz reissue would be cool. Quick, everyone sell their low viz while the price is still hot! ;)

Yamato seems very tight lipped about their biz these days so I doubt these are anything more than predictions based on what Yamato has done in the past. It wouldn't suprise me if Yamato did all those things but I doubt the low viz reissue and gbp bundle.

The low viz was a special limited production. I don't know what licensing was involved but I would think it would be tricky to do again. Plus that another production run cheapens the 'limited' status of the first - *cough* Toynami *cough*

A gpb bundled with a 1/48 would be ultra expensive. It would seem that most people that are buying the gpb would already own a 1/48. Hardcore collectors would like to see a bundle but there are not many of them anymore.