Powerpuff Girls go anime!

might be something, i never watch the show so i do not really know to much of it.

chris

might be something, i never watch the show so i do not really know to much of it.

chris

The show about three supergirls who were created by a scientist in experiment to make the ultimate girl. The scientist used sugar, spice, and everything nice and also added Chemical X. So the Powerpuff Girls were born to defend thier city from evil threats like super intelligent monkey Mojo JoJo(who incidently was another creation of the same scientist).

Edited by terry the lone wolf

:p yea i know the plot, i have seen the comercials and i have read some stuff about the series, but it seemed way to kid oriented and aimed at girls for me. am i wrong? did i miss out on a good cartoon?

chris

:p yea i know the plot, i have seen the comercials and i have read some stuff about the series, but it seemed way to kid oriented and aimed at girls for me. am i wrong? did i miss out on a good cartoon?

chris

Yeah, it's kid oriented and for girls but it's pretty funny show. Especially when the girls kicked the butts of all villians in Townsville. The creator of the show originally called it the "Kick Ass Girls".

yeah, there's all kinds of hidden inuendoes and whatnot. The series really IS quite humorous. Although the anime-renditions of the characters look great, I worry that it would lose something in the translation... they'll really have to "up" the cuteness to keep it constant I think.

anyone know what buttercup is holding besides the hammer? it look like a d***o but i assume its supposed to be a nail to go with the hammer or something?

This is Japan we're talking about... don't be too suprised if your first guess turns out to be correct.

nope sorry, don't like it. it will lose everything in this translation.

the show is only superficially about the girls anyway, it really is all about parodys and jokes.

and these weapons look stupid. the girls are supposed to be super strong and shoot lazerbeams.

that clip, other than having the girls and their appropriate colors doesn't understand the show at all.

there are lots of shows in japan that just don't work when translated, or even subbed (shows with lots of play on word jokes).

i think this is one that won't work in japan.

Edited by KingNor

It's not really aimed at girls, it just very humourous. You really need to plunk down and see a few of the episodes.

They are quite funny.

;)

Except for the second epsiode. That crap was embarrassing as all hell after such a greta premiere episode.

Not sure what I think about this new 'anime'. So far the designs don't work for me because the PPG should be super deformed with big heads on tiny little bodies. They look that way because the whole show is a parody of super girl anime series (not that the series is geared towards girls). So I don't know what to think. Guess we'll wait and see.

it seems like the more recent episodes are actually gears towards kid, not as funny, you can tell the new ones by a certain change in animation, there were 2 or 3 animaiton changes the most recent one is the start of the crappy eps, same with dexters lab, after they changed the characters designs the show was suddenly less funny

it seems like the more recent episodes are actually gears towards kid, not as funny, you can tell the new ones by a certain change in animation, there were 2 or 3 animaiton changes the most recent one is the start of the crappy eps, same with dexters lab, after they changed the characters designs the show was suddenly less funny

I heard about the animation changes in D's Lab, but never saw them (I stopped watching TV about two years ago).

Man, I still remember my favorite PPG episode though. It was the one where practically every line was a Beatles reference. Man, that was awesome.

I really don't think a lot of the jokes or themes from PPG will translate that well to Japanese.

(This irks me, though. PPG has always been an anime. "Anime" isn't that special of a word; it means the same thing in Japanese as it does in French.)

nope sorry, don't like it. it will lose everything in this translation.

the show is only superficially about the girls anyway, it really is all about parodys and jokes.

and these weapons look stupid. the girls are supposed to be super strong and shoot lazerbeams.

that clip, other than having the girls and their appropriate colors doesn't understand the show at all.

there are lots of shows in japan that just don't work when translated, or even subbed (shows with lots of play on word jokes).

i think this is one that won't work in japan.

Dude, this is made in japan FOR the japanese market. It will work.

Sure the basic slapstick comedy/parody style will be lost in the conversion, but i think this is basically a anime-ised mahou shoujo conversion. So don't expect it to have the same zani-ness of the original. Besides, there's already a subbed version of the original PPG in Japanese. Its pretty alright IMHO.

• 1 year later...

Liked the original PPG, but this has gotta go. Downloaded the first two episodes, but I could not even make it through the first 15 minutes of the first one.

Woah! You managed to watch 5 more minutes than I did. PPGZ suck awfully bad cause they have fingers, better animation and fingers. They don't need fun and crazy trashmovies like story or Townsville.

PPG rules!