Enterprise going tos

Parallel universe + time travel to bridge tos?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Parallel universe + time travel to bridge tos?

• Interesting take on how the parallel universe differ at the start.
    • Hate it. I feel like the spandex a fat trekky puts on at conventions.

If you saw tonights episode. You guys feel it should not touch on the kirk era in the bastardized form of the mirror episodes from all those trek shows and throw in some time travel or you think its a nice way to add in random destruction since theres four episodes left?

in the begining the drunk from the first contact gives the vulcan the good ole 12 guage greeting and take the ship and from there they build an empire. after the differnt intro of random ship battles it goes to first officer evil-archer to take over enterprise so he can investigate a powerful ship from the future and parallel universe that the alien race they are fighting has captured. The old captain regains control of the ship but the navigation is locked to the position of the ship and orders archer to download any info on the ships computers and blow it up but the alien race they are fighting discovers them and blows up enterprise leaving archer and his away team stranded on the ship.

then cuts to the previews of the next episodes of archer taking command of the kirk era ship and taking over the terran empire while wearing tos uniforms.

Edited by Zentrandude

in the begining the drunk from the first contact gives the vulcan the good ole 12 guage greeting and take the ship and from there they build an empire.

then cuts to the previews of the next episodes of archer taking command of the kirk era ship and taking over the terran empire while wearing tos uniforms.

*eyebrows go up*

I felt DS9 mined every last frigging ounce of the Mirror-verse, but that sounds wow :)

Cyc

I'm of two minds when it came to that episode. On the one hand I thought it was just a little too cute how they tied two (counte 'em) TOS episodes together in one show. On the other it was really cool to see the bridge of the Defiant come to life after Archer and company power her up, and to see what a Tholian looks like from the shoulders down, and the clever use of stock footage from First Contact, and the different mirror universe opening. In the end it was kind of like geek candy, full of fun little things that only a true trekkie would catch but with little else to offer beyond that.

The episode's opening threw me off a bit; I thought that I was catching the end of First Contact, until Chocrane (sp?) shoots the Vulcans. :o I liked the alternate opening song, even though the normal opening is one of my favorite parts of the show.

T'Pol with her hair down again was nice, it looks like the producers have made these last few episodes for the hardcore fans. Archer's lines were great. "Break Him."

Is it just me, or did the footage of the Defiant look just like end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country? The scene where Kirk's demoted and gets his ship. Bravo.

I'm of two minds when it came to that episode. On the one hand I thought it was just a little too cute how they tied two (counte 'em) TOS episodes together in one show. On the other it was really cool to see the bridge of the Defiant come to life after Archer and company power her up, and to see what a Tholian looks like from the shoulders down, and the clever use of stock footage from First Contact, and the different mirror universe opening. In the end it was kind of like geek candy, full of fun little things that only a true trekkie would catch but with little else to offer beyond that.

I agree, it was total Trekkie candy and I loved it. They even got the positions of the dead Defiant crew members on the bridge right ( the red shirt choking the captain). It's clear they intend to end the series with a bang. Too bad they weren't this bold all along, then maybe the show would have done better. I know I rarely wtahced it before I heard about this episode.

I liked the episode, and it plugged a story element from TOS in explaining exactly what happened to the Defiant when it disappeared.

I always liked the Mirror Universe episodes, and this one does well. Nice way to use some space in the final episodes to do something fun.

If you saw tonights episode. You guys feel it should not touch on the kirk era in the bastardized form of the mirror episodes from all those trek shows and throw in some time travel or you think its a nice way to add in random destruction since theres four episodes left?

I'm stoked. Even though it's the mirror universe, getting to see all of that great, beautifully cheesy '60s TOS hardware in action one last time is a real treat.

Is it just me, or did the footage of  the Defiant look just like end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country? The scene where Kirk's demoted and gets his ship. Bravo.

What are you talking about? ST6 ends with the crew learning that the Enterprise is being retired. Kirk already had the ship -- he's just losing it again, and he certainly wasn't demoted at the end ( What're they gonna do? "Captain Kirk, we thank you for saving the galaxy from war. But we're still pissed about that whole stealing the Enterprise thing from Movie 3, so we decided to demote you once again for it. Get out of the center seat, Commander Kirk!" :p )

Then again...they still hadnn't punished him for busting Decker without a court-martial (hell, without an offense being committed at all) in TMP, so maybe... :p

Edited by Pat Payne

Is it just me, or did the footage of the Defiant look just like end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country? The scene where Kirk's demoted and gets his ship. Bravo.

Backwards roman numerals. You want Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home.

I just finally saw the second episode. Empress Sato rocks and I thought the alternate opening(first time I saw it) was cool . We even got to see a gorn which I thought was a nice touch.

It's funny how much cheesier the gorn looks on a modern show.

So, just so we're clear:

There is no real cross-over going on between universes other than the Defiant? I kept waiting for the Enterprise crew from the "good" universe to try to return home. . . or one of the bad guys to suddenly reveal themselves as their counterpart from the "good" universe.

Did Enterprise just *randomly* do this story arc without any larger tie-in to the standard universe?

Either way is cool. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything.

H

So, just so we're clear:

There is no real cross-over going on between universes other than the Defiant? I kept waiting for the Enterprise crew from the "good" universe to try to return home. . . or one of the bad guys to suddenly reveal themselves as their counterpart from the "good" universe.

Did Enterprise just *randomly* do this story arc without any larger tie-in to the standard universe?

Either way is cool. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything.

H

As far as I can tell, that's an accurate assessment of things.

yah I was surprised it didn't show any part of the main universe, but it was ok that it didn't. I did like the nice ways to destroy the NXs. I never like those designs that well.

In a way it did make sence. NX classes are super weak and they needed something to keep the empire going till much after the kirk era till the alliance crushes them and make them sorta good.

Edited by Zentrandude

Couldn't watch it cause UPN here gave a baseball game. :(

Have to see it tomorrow.

I would have liked to have seen this similar arc in the Next Generation timeline. . . though obviously it would need to be heavily modified since the Defiant would be obsolete when it emerged in the Next Generation mirror universe. But, back then, TNG was always trying very hard to divest itself of its original series legacy. It's nice to see Enterprise embracing it as it goes under (never seen Enterprise except the first episode and one or two here and there).

Speaking of which. . . did TNG ever do a mirror universe story arc at all? I think I remember browsing past a novel. . . but did they do a TV episode or two at all?

H

Edited by Hurin