Enterprise going tos

Parallel universe + time travel to bridge tos?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Parallel universe + time travel to bridge tos?

• Interesting take on how the parallel universe differ at the start.
    • Hate it. I feel like the spandex a fat trekky puts on at conventions.

Speaking of which. . . did TNG ever do a mirror universe story arc at all? I think I remember browsing past a novel. . . but did they do a TV episode or two at all?

H

TNG and VOY never strayed into the Mirror Universe. :(

TNG had an episode where the Enterprise was a military vessel and the Federation was at war with the Klingons because the Enterprise C was sucked away into an alternate timeline and wasn't destroyed to protect Klingon vessels in a doomed fight.

but that story, "Yesterday's Enterprise", was just classic, 'The path not taken' scenerio, not a true MU deal.

here's a few pics that the folks from Flare are talking about...

yeah, it pretty much was fanboy conny action. still vague though on questions like where are the phaser bank mounts located? (but now it's cannon that the conny had aft mounts, appearantly above the aft hanger bay...)

:rolleyes:

So, just so we're clear:

There is no real cross-over going on between universes other than the Defiant? I kept waiting for the Enterprise crew from the "good" universe to try to return home. . . or one of the bad guys to suddenly reveal themselves as their counterpart from the "good" universe.

Did Enterprise just *randomly* do this story arc without any larger tie-in to the standard universe?

Either way is cool. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything.

H

Actually, if you either watch the original Star Trek, or read up on what happened to the Cannon ships, you'll notice that the Defiant dissapeared, never to be heard from again. Good enough reason to have it sucked into the mirror universe, and Evil-Archer going on a power trip.

Heh. The legacy of the redshirts live on!

TNG had an episode where the Enterprise was a military vessel and the Federation was at war with the Klingons because the Enterprise C was sucked away into an alternate timeline and wasn't destroyed to protect Klingon vessels in a doomed fight.

but that story, "Yesterday's Enterprise", was just classic, 'The path not taken' scenerio, not a true MU deal.

The Enterprise C's departure from it's battle created a new universe, with a military Starfleet.

It was A mirror universe, just not THE mirror universe.

If that makes any sense.

Alternate, Mirror. It's all the same. The evil folks are still an alternative form of the good folks, are they not?

It's all semantics.

And by that statement, it seems obvious that you haven't seen the TNG episode in question. . . or you associate "military" with "evil". . . :)

In "Yesterday's Enterprise", characters remain essentially the same, except that the timelines have diverged at the point where the Enterprise-C either stayed and saved the Klingon vessels (thus leading to Fed/Klingon peace) or fell into the time rift, thus not saving the Klingons. . . and leading to a long Fed vs Klingon war that did not go well for the Federation.

But, in that alternate timeline nobody who was evil becomes good, and nobody who was good becomes evil.

The "mirror universe" on the other hand, does indeed seem to be bizarro world. Good and evil are swapped. Some might argue that the mirror universe is merely an alternate timeline as well beginning at the point where Chochrane shoots the Vulcans as they arrive on earth. But, I'd say that it's Cochrane's "mirror universe" nature that makes him shoot the Vulcans. . . and that it was a mirror/reverse (evil) universe all along, even before Cochrane killed the Vulcans.

And by that statement, it seems obvious that you haven't seen the TNG episode in question. . . or you associate "military" with "evil". . .  :)

Nah, I have seen the episode. I just didn't make the distinction that the Mirror Universe folks are evil.

In "Yesterday's Enterprise", characters remain essentially the same, except that the timelines have diverged at the point where the Enterprise-C either stayed and saved the Klingon vessels (thus leading to Fed/Klingon peace) or fell into the time rift, thus not saving the Klingons. . . and leading to a long Fed vs Klingon war that did not go well for the Federation.

But, in that alternate timeline nobody who was evil becomes good, and nobody who was good becomes evil.

Is a good point.

I would still be right if, at some point in time, human cultures were changed such that racial superiority and emperialistic expansion became the accepted norm. I can think of several occasions in our past that shows that such things have happened. ;-)

Edited by Stamen0083

Alternate, Mirror. It's all the same. The evil folks are still an alternative form of the good folks, are they not?

It's all semantics.

And by that statement, it seems obvious that you haven't seen the TNG episode in question. . . or you associate "military" with "evil". . . :)

Though one that was dead became live.

Seriously, I think Tasha Yar set a record for most appearances of a dead character.

The "mirror universe" on the other hand, does indeed seem to be bizarro world.  Good and evil are swapped.  Some might argue that the mirror universe is merely an alternate timeline as well beginning at the point where Chochrane shoots the Vulcans as they arrive on earth.  But, I'd say that it's Cochrane's "mirror universe" nature that makes him shoot the Vulcans. . . and that it was a mirror/reverse (evil) universe all along, even before Cochrane killed the Vulcans.

It diverged before first contact. Dr. Flox compared diffrent versions of famous literature and was saying the "real" universe versions were all full of weak pansies, except for Shakespeare.

That episode was great. Hoshi was a little black widow there, wasn't she?

Nice to see more Tholians as well, since they never showed them at all outside of TOS, except for the mention of them occasionally but that was it.