What is lying on your workbench?

Yup :D It wasnt used until very late in the war though. It also wasnt very effective. The max range of the standard vehicle mounted units was around 60 yards. The germans did augment this with an IR searchlight mounted on yet another 251 halftrack. It was called an Uhu and could extend the range out to about 300 Yards. But it all came to late to make any real difference for them fortunately.

The model is ready for camo.If anyone would like a step by step i can accomidate you. Im really loving this new camera.

Edited by HWR MKII

Man they had so many advanced weapons by the end, it's a good thing Hitler was a military idiot and didn't listen to his commanders.

Yup :D  It wasnt used until very late in the war though. It also wasnt very effective. The max range of the standard vehicle mounted units was around 60 yards. The germans did augment this with an IR searchlight mounted on yet another 251 halftrack. It was called an Uhu and could extend the range out to about 300 Yards. But it all came to late to make any real difference for them fortunately.

The model is ready for camo.If anyone would like a step by step i can accomidate you. Im really loving this new camera.

310723[/snapback]

Another too little too late weapon(thank god) The HE162 Volksjager(peoples fighter) AKA the Salamander. These actually flew in a few squadrons in late 44 early 45

I DO NOT endorse the Nazis in any way shape or form. Fact is in model building the german WWII military had an almost endless variety of vehicles and camoflage. It really helps keep subjects fresh.

post-2293-1121373049_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1121373075_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

Oh neither do I but ya gotta give credit were credit is due, the German war machines they built were unbelievable.

But if you're gonna take over the world don't expend a million of your troops trying to take Russia in the middle of winter.

Another too little too late weapon(thank god) The HE162 Volksjager(peoples fighter) AKA the Salamander. These actually flew in a few squadrons in late 44 early 45

I DO NOT endores the Nazis in any way shape or form. Fact is in model uilding the german WWII military had an almost endless variety of vehicles and camoflage. It really helps keep subjects fresh.

310771[/snapback]

As a BTB, if you're looking for some serious information on WWII german experimental aircraft, try "Secrect Messerschmitt Projects" by Willy Radinger & Walter Schick. Just don't read it when you're feeling tire, it's a great cure for insomnia.

BTB?

As a BTB, if you're looking for some serious information on WWII german experimental aircraft, try "Secrect Messerschmitt Projects" by Willy Radinger & Walter Schick. Just don't read it when you're feeling tire, it's a great cure for insomnia.

310800[/snapback]

I live 30 minutes from Duxford air museum. They have a huge library of tech schematics for anything you could think of. Even the theoretical stuff. I wish they had a Volksjager though. There is one that i know of that is flyable. Its smaller than a T-37 trainer.

This kit fits very nicely together. There is very little glueing and painting actually required to make this kit look nice. The detail is amazing! I highly recommend picking this kit up. The only thing that actually bothered me was that it is kinda small. Measures about 5 - 6 inches when completed. But it does have a nice little heft to it to make up for it's size.

Rob

I just dug out a 1/100 scale Macross factory kit. The one with two bay doors and came with an armored Valkyrie and a Tomahawk. I started it 20 years ago and think I'll strip it down and restart it. I had only built the Destroid and the Valk -both which had become damaged by my kids over the years. Now with a couple of newer 1/100 kits and the old ones I though I could try a diorama of a damaged Destroid in one bay and another being served in the other. I've got to take and post some images.

Wasn't this kit originaly molded for another mecha series?

Here's images from the MW models pages:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...-1310-97box.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models.../im1310-97f.jpg

Edited by Aurora-7

Guest Bromgrev
Another too little too late weapon(thank god) The HE162 Volksjager(peoples fighter) AKA the Salamander.

310771[/snapback]

Damn cute little aeroplane for a deathmachine (mainly to its Hitler youth pilots, IIRC).

All that was left for pilots was sHitler youth. all the experience got shot down. I found something else to share my time with before the tiger gets here. Im going to make a 1/48 scale Metal Gear Rex. Heres the paper test head next to the full papercraft kit. I made the fullrex a litle undersize as a test to see how it went together. The large one will be use as a template so i can make one out of plastic. ;) maybe for casting. Note the penny by the mini rex foot.

post-2293-1121717730_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1121717843_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1121717880_thumb.jpg

This was actually the first papercraft i had ever done, they are interesting. It also let me get my head around this thing, I have been wanting to scratchbuild one for years. Anyone want it kitted? I have no idea of cost i just want to see if this thing is highly wanted in a detailed resin kit.

Sorry no kit for me, but you do make an excellent point that I haven't thought of before.

What a great way to get started on making a custom kit.

It's the getting started that I always struggle with, if I had a paper craft model of an unusual Macross subject that I could convert to styrene sheets that would be awesome!

As long as I had a rough shape to start with I could mod and smooth to my hearts content.

Things that make ya go hmmm....(rubs chin) :lol:

Well this coming saturday im going to have 2 copies of the rex printed out in the size i need. 1 i wil build from the paper/card to get finished size and dimensions, the other will be sacrificed to make my model.I have a deadline too(i hope i can make it :( ) it has to be at least 80% complete by september. I get deployed then. It may be possible to take it with me but i may not.

PG Zero Custom and an F-15ACTIVE, I'll take pics when I find my digi cam.

312269[/snapback]

How is the PG Zero Custom? I've got one but have never done more than look at the parts & all the pretty pictures. Keep wanting to paint it anythign but white.

312269[/snapback]

How is the PG Zero Custom? I've got one but have never done more than look at the parts & all the pretty pictures. Keep wanting to paint it anythign but white.

312302[/snapback]

Well right now I'm still painting it. Gloss black wings with glitter. Gloss black on what ever was blue and a custom mixed midnight blue for the white and red parts.

The internal frame looks pretty complicated and a bit intimidating to be honest with led lights, wires and crap to deal with. It doesn't look that bad, not too many parts, just a lot of small ones.

Bench one:

tequilagunner.jpg

Built this up earlier, going to finally finish it.

Bench Two:

zaku.jpg

And in the other corner, what will be a very distressed & rusted out Zaku.

That's a nice looking 21. Makes me want to get my VF-22S out next.

Or maybe the VE-1....heck, what to build next.

When the 21 is done ill need to take pics of it next to my 1/48 YF-19. Tomorow i wil have my patterns for Metal Gear Rex, and its full swing on that until september 15th. Ill post build up links of Rex on SSMs forum board.

Heh, always my dilemma, trying to figure out what to build next. I have this build queue going that I'm forever changing.

That's a nice looking 21. Makes me want to get my VF-22S out next.

Or maybe the VE-1....heck, what to build next.

313295[/snapback]

Edited by Grayson72

I keep thinking about just grabbing my shelves and shaking them. What ever drops off gets built next.

Actually i got the 2 different blues idea from WM Cheng and his 1/72 YF-21 build. I still have to do a little more on it as far as breaking up the color. The pod is 1/100 scale. Grayson i didnt spend 200$ on this kit remember the reissue done by myersjesse a while back ;) the man does great work.

312269[/snapback]

Which kind of F-15+ is it ? I finished a Su-47 AFDelta style two month ago and was planning to build a F-15 MT/+ seen in Patlabor 2. But I got distracted by E-Indigo's Delphinus#3 Radical-103. Both kits been build but I'm too lazy to spray a bit colour on it. The same maltreatment on Trumpeter's 1/144 Su-34 Strike Flanker. Build 'n primed.

Right now I'm detailing a 1/144 VF-19kai Fire Valk /w Soundbooster.