What is lying on your workbench?

Thanks. I use a future and then an acryllic paint. Let it dry and then wipe with glass cleaner. the Strike is done. I will post pics of both when I finish the Gerwalk. I only used two kits for that one The Hase Batt and the Super kits.

You did that to get your panel lines?

Hi, yes. I've been beating this drum for a while. :rolleyes: It's a great alternative to using oil. I have not had good luck with oil. I use the acryllic and thats the result. If you go back and look at all of my models I have not used oil at all.

It's cheap, easy, quick--quicker than oil. only a half hour to dry. And no smell. Look at my Slave 1 earlier in the thread.

No OIL. :ph34r:

BANEOFDRAGONS67-Promethium-Hermes2.jpg

This puppy just came OFF of my workbench after sitting in a drawer assembled for like 6 months.... I took extra care on this one as It was a birthday present, and I am trying to get my stuff out there because I am looking to start taking minis commisisons.... :DB))

Nice GunnerX. I like how you've done the panal lines. It'll look great when it's done.

I've taken a couple of photos of my Aestivalis. I pretty much finished it some time ago, but con season picked up so I haven't really focused on the touchups I intend to do later. I also left the pen open so the marker I was using to detail the panel lines is pretty much ruined, but there's not many panel lines on it anyway. Once I get the film developed I'll pop it up here.

GunnerX that F-14 looks awesome!

Did you preshade those panel lines? They look just right.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Hey the F-14 looks fantastic - you should post a step-by-step here - I'd be really interested in your process. I've got the same kit, with some resin cockpit additions and PE parts too - and would like to build it up some day! :rolleyes:

I'd love to hear & see more! I'd also like a kit with the low-viz jolly rogers decals to so I could build one in flight and one on the ground with all the flaps & slats extended.

Too bad the kit doesn't sweep though - but overall an excellent kit. Now I'm just waiting for Hasegawa to put out a 1/72 F-18F in the new Jolly Rogers markings - you know they have one in 1/48 coming out.

Keep up the great work!

Why wait for a kit? Just buy aftermarket decals. They're more accurate and thinner and better quality anyways. You're like, 2 weeks too late for low-vis VF-103 F-14B's, just sold out. (As I recently discovered--there were plenty, then gone all of a sudden--I wanted to build the one I saw in 2003)

And F-18F? Again, wait for aftermarket. You know Hase will release one as soon as they can, in the early scheme. But I'm sure either VF decals or Twobobs decals will have much better, more accurate ones. And probably in the cooler, revised markings.

::edit:: Oh hey, there's more VF-103 decals coming out. :) Just wait for these, should only be a few weeks:

http://www.twobobs.net/72-040.jpg

Also, the ultimate Jolly Rogers decal set, VF-84 and VF-103, dual 1/48 and 1/72 scale mega-sheet:

http://www.vf-decals.com/images/decals/48_72_103.jpg

Most importantly, has the ultra-cool Black & White scheme.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Man! David, you're my goto guy! why didn't you tell me about the low-vis VF-103s! Well, you are officially on notice - anything like that comes out again, or good decals - PM me! I need to know about it. I want to do the high-vis on the ground with all the flaps & slats extended - and I'll do one in flight mode with the low vis. By the way, any good F-14 pilots in 1/72 scale - I don't think the Hasegawas came with pilots...

I'd still like to eventually do a flightline of jolly rogers of F-14, F-18, VF-0S, & VF-1S.

Edited by wm cheng

MM - Thanks! Lets see your aestivalis! Mines still sitting in the box!

jardann - Yup! Very light shading! I didn't want the cat to be too clean, but then again, not too heavily shaded! I hope i got the right balance... :)

wm cheng - Thks master cheng! I unfortunately couldn't get the resin cockpit set here, only managed to snag the ejection seats from VP. The AOA probe is Fine Molds brass though, i'm saving the other probe for my VF-103 cat!

kylwell - Waoh!! Very nice colors! Reminds me of the Viggen's colors! excellent job! More pics please!

This f-14 i'm doing now is ust to help me get a feel for building the newer tooling.. a bit too many parts... kinda overkill, but at least i know how the fitting goes for each part now! :p Hopefully my next F-14 will be better!

Right now, i've just added the wheels and canopy... whew! will upload pics when i get the chance!

Man! David, you're my goto guy! why didn't you tell me about the low-vis VF-103s! Well, you are officially on notice - anything like that comes out again, or good decals - PM me! I need to know about it. I want to do the high-vis on the ground with all the flaps & slats extended - and I'll do one in flight mode with the low vis. By the way, any good F-14 pilots in 1/72 scale - I don't think the Hasegawas came with pilots...

I'd still like to eventually do a flightline of jolly rogers of F-14, F-18, VF-0S, & VF-1S.

Yeah! Hasegawa doesn't give the pilot figures for the F-14! :angry: i guess they want you to buy the pilots from their pilot and crew set... i think fujimi has them too? I even had to get the weapons seperately... <_<

Oh, on the VF-103 last flight kit, the F-14 had a TARPS pod (am i right?) mounted

on the outer right missile pylon, below the sidewinder... anywhere to get this pod? It's not in the kit, and different from the one supplied....

That would be a LANTIRN targeting pod. Some F-14 releases have it, but it's much easier to find a Hasegawa weapons set #7. It has many "modern" F-14 parts, like the LANTIRN pod, BOL-style Sidwinder rails, and JDAM's. Basically, if you want to use laser-guided bombs on an F-14, you need a LANTIRN pod. Don't need one for JDAM's. If you have the pod installed, put a Phoenix in the same spot on the other pylon, to balance out the weight.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-12

If you're buying a weapons set, I would also recommend set #6, for it has the bombracks for Phoenix pallets, and modern bombs---essential to almost any 2000+ F-14.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-11

(It is much easier to make an accurate modern F-14 weapon/pod load in 1/72 than 1/48 due to the 1/72 weapons sets having most all of the recent F-14 bits available)

PS---basic modern US missiles---AMRAAM's, Sparrows, Sidewinders, Harpoons. And nicer than what comes in any other kit:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-9

That would be a LANTIRN targeting pod. Some F-14 releases have it, but it's much easier to find a Hasegawa weapons set #7. It has many "modern" F-14 parts, like the LANTIRN pod, BOL-style Sidwinder rails, and JDAM's. Basically, if you want to use laser-guided bombs on an F-14, you need a LANTIRN pod. Don't need one for JDAM's. If you have the pod installed, put a Phoenix in the same spot on the other pylon, to balance out the weight.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-12

If you're buying a weapons set, I would also recommend set #6, for it has the bombracks for Phoenix pallets, and modern bombs---essential to almost any 2000+ F-14.

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-11

(It is much easier to make an accurate modern F-14 weapon/pod load in 1/72 than 1/48 due to the 1/72 weapons sets having most all of the recent F-14 bits available)

PS---basic modern US missiles---AMRAAM's, Sparrows, Sidewinders, Harpoons. And nicer than what comes in any other kit:

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGX72-9

Wow! Thanks David! Exactly what i needed! :D

Hi, I used Tamaya Metallic Grey then gun metal on the edges.

Then acryllic wash. I'm really happy with the Gerwalk. I only used the the Hase Batt and fighter.

Still desidig on what to do next. I may go cannon fodder or grey/white or low viz.

If I do another Gerwalk it will be with fast packs.

Oh and notice on the wings the flaps are open.

Edited by Mechleader

I have a K.I.T.T. in progress too but he is on hold until i can figure out how to make the light go back and forth on the front.

Even the masters can learn a new trick or 2. They may lear an easier way to do something that took too many steps before