Star Wars

MGREXX

Will the new movie dissapoint us SW fans AGAIN like he did in Episodes 1 and 2!!!!!!  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will the new movie dissapoint us SW fans AGAIN like he did in Episodes 1 and 2!!!!!!

• Yes, it will be another dissapointment. George just doesn't have the "force" in him anymore.
    • No, this time he WILL get it right.
    • You are crazy, both episodes 1 and two ruled!!!!!...Except for that damn jar jar (ppwwweeeezzzzzz)

MGREXX="Speaking of which, George Lucas needs to finally let loose and let Natalie Portman show us some more of that fine southern skin of hers."

WTF are you talking about? Portman is not a southerner, as she was born in Israel and raised in New York.

I don't think its Lucas... Portman has been playing the same character since "Leon The Professional". I became convinced of this after watching "Closer" last night. She's been one of the main faults of the prequel trilogy. More than Jar Jar, in my opinion. She is supposed to be Leia's mother? Yeah, I buy that. I guess she takes after Bail.

I agree with you on this point Togo, from the beginning when they announced her I said to my self she doesn`t fit, IMO I think Mia Kishner (I know some will no way) fits more than and here are my reasons : she looks more or like between Mark Hamil and carrie Fisher and even she has the right age 5 years older than Hayden in real life and in SW. Some will say what about E1 ? ... Make-up :)

BTW check these new SW-E3 TV Ads (nice BGM) , to bad can`t save`em.

I agree with Graham, I like the prequels a lot better after viewing them multiple times. I was left with a disappointed feeling after seeing TPM 3 times the first day. After giving it some time though and watching it again and again, I really began to like Qui-Gon, the fight scenes, the podrace, and I don't think that even Anakin was that bad (course I'll never understand Jar Jar, the gungan king). Visually especially, it's a stunning film. Now, I feel that's a decent movie, I don't dislike it. To be honest, I'm sure it helped the fact that I'm a huge SW fan and I WANT to like the film.

AOTC I loved after seeing it in the theatres. Yes, there's bad dialogue (again) and some corny moments but it was a much improved movie over the first and I thought it was really fun and interesting. Yes, Anakin is whiny and annoying sometimes but he is in his late teens in that movie. I'm 24 and when I hang out with people that are in their late teens, most of the time I'm amazed at how childish they are (I'm sure I was also at that age). So I think Anakin is portrayed pretty accurately. I still love that movie (up there with the OT).

I feel that this movie is going to improve again. After seeing the pix on the internet, it sure seems to be a lot more raw and disturbing. Yes, I can GUARANTEE that there will corny moments & bad dialogue. These are staples of EVERY SW movie. But I feel that GL is catching on/getting it back slowly but surely and this movie will reflect that. That's my opinion.

Edited by DARTHTODD

:lol:

For what they are, I've enjoyed all of the SW movies. ANH is my least favorite and I'd take Ewoks over whiny Luke and just the sheer boredom of watching this film. Personally, I've fallen asleep(from boredom) in all of the SW movies. Its one of those Catch 22s like... because I fall asleep all the time during DYRL too. But all in all, I still think that all the SW movies are approximately at the same level. Oh, and while I like all the movies putting ANY of them at 90%+ is VERY generous. lol

Max's Star Wars Suck-o-meter

100 - NO SUCKAGE

95 -

90-

85 - Empire Strikes Back

80 - The Phantom Menace

75 -Attack of the Clones

70 -Return of the Jedi

65 -A New Hope

60 -

55 -

50 -

45 -

40 -

35 -

30 -

25 -

20 -

15 -

10 -

05 -

00 - FULL SUCKAGE

One thing you all have to remember is that lucas hadnt directed anything since 1976/77 when he made TPM. Think of the experience you would have if you had only made 3 films in the 70s and had a 20+ year break. Its not like he is a directing machine like his buddy Speilberg making sometimes 2 movies a year(Schindlers List/ Jurassic Park 1993)

In a way it is understandable that alot of people dont like his ideas sometimes. He is more of a buisness man than anything these days.

Oh my god, someone get her a friggin cheeseburger. How could the curvy Leia come from that flat chested waif....I thought she was good in The Professional, but other than that, now that she is grown...I cant stand her.

Twich

Edited by twich

One thing you all have to remember is that lucas hadnt directed anything since 1976/77 when he made TPM. Think of the experience you would have if you had only made 3 films in the 70s and had a 20+ year break.

Actually, he's been a little busier than that. I don't think the directing credits listed at IMDB are complete. I'm pretty certain he did direct at least a couple episodes of the Young Indiana Jones tv series and somer other tv show episodes, as well as continuing to be very busy in the film making world in general.

Agent ONE's Star Wars Suck-o-meter, with others things added for perspective.

100 - NO SUCKAGE (Conan the Barbarian, or pictures of myself)

95 - (DYRL)

90 - (Return of the Jedi)

85 - (Empire Strikes Back)

80 - (Attack of the Clones)

75 -

70 - (The Phantom Menace)

65 -

60 -

55 - (A New Hope)

50 -

45 -

40 -

35 -

30 -

25 -

20 - (Robotech)

15 -

10 -

05 - (Sailor Moon, or Pokemon)

00 - FULL SUCKAGE (Macross 7)

Does any one know if the Art of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sisth comes with a Built in version of the shooting Script? I picked up a copy of The Art of Clones in the UK and it had a Script for Ep II

Im in the US and am Wondering the same

(Im in the middle of No where weith no car and no Barnes and Nobel) Any help will be appreciated tanks

Guest Bromgrev
100 - NO SUCKAGE (Conan the Barbarian)

What!? :o Conan the Barbarian? No Suckage? No way! What about the bit where ... um ... :huh: Oh, OK, I see your point ...

100 - NO SUCKAGE (Conan the Barbarian)

What!? :o Conan the Barbarian? No Suckage? No way! What about the bit where ... um ... :huh: Oh, OK, I see your point ...

I think the director's cut of Conan, where for the first time we see the movie widescreen since it was in theaters, is just EPIC. An amazing film when see the way it was intended to be seen. I would say, Arnold's best film... probably the only one he made that I would call a "film" and not a "movie".

I think it will be interesting to see if people's opinions for TPM and AOTC change at all after seeing Episode 3. Perhaps it will help tie something togehter more. I know I liked Menace more after seeing Clones...

I think it will be interesting to see if people's opinions for TPM and AOTC change at all after seeing Episode 3. Perhaps it will help tie something togehter more. I know I liked Menace more after seeing Clones...

I agree, and I now find Menace to be a much better film than I first thought.

So, the concensus is that most of you feel that episode 3 will be the best of the new trilogy? Intresting.

How about the rumors that George is MAYBE considering another movie set after ROTJ....to wrap things up. He said that Episode 3 would be his last but we all know things change. One more movie (Episode 7)?????? I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTJ better than ESB?...please A1 I thought you'd hate the Ewoks. Conan is king. Great film.

Ewoks were for the kids, I can look past it. They weren't as annoying as Chewbaca.

Oh my god, someone get her a friggin cheeseburger. How could the curvy Leia come from that flat chested waif....I thought she was good in The Professional, but other than that, now that she is grown...I cant stand her.

Twich

What? She doesn't look skinny... I knw there's an epidemic of boniness out there, but there are skinny people that are healthy...

Ewoks were for the kids, I can look past it. They weren't as annoying as Chewbaca.

I like Chewbacca... he's one of my favorites... I didn't mind the ewoks either, I guess I was just a kid then. I kinda regret them removing the final victory sone in ROTJ.

Would anybody consider "doing" a female chewbaca?

Why? Are you in heat? Sorry, I can't help you there... :rolleyes:

Twich

Yeah, what we really need is more fat chicks with silicone boobs! Fat and fake, what could be sexier? :blink:

Incidentally, besides the collar bone, I don't see any bones showing, so she's just right IMO, no annorexia, no obescity, no silicone. Healthy, young, in shape and naturally pretty... she's hideous! :ph34r:

What?  She doesn't look skinny... I knw there's an epidemic of boniness out there, but there are skinny people that are healthy...

Epidemic of boniness? :o Where? Not in the Western hemisphere. Epidemic of fattiness? Yup, All over the western hemisphere.

Don't make me site institue of health and CDC stats about how figgin fat we are in America! We're talking 50% of 'young people' are overweight or obese, which means most of the remaining 50% are normal or healthy weight. So only a tiny fraction of people actually have an 'eating disorder' like annorexia. (notice you never hear the term 'eating disorder' if your overweight?)

It's like people ignore the 50,000 automotive related deaths every year and get all bent out of shape over 5 or 6 lawn mower related deaths every year.

Personally, I blame Arnold Scwarzeneggar. He was appointed head of American fittness back in the early 90's... he failed. <_<

We're reaching a point where all the many fat(normal) kids will be picking on the few skinny (freakish) kids. How weird is that?

God I'm bored. :(

Edited by Major Johnathan

What?  She doesn't look skinny... I knw there's an epidemic of boniness out there, but there are skinny people that are healthy...

Epidemic of boniness? :o Where? Not in the Western hemisphere. Epidemic of fattiness? Yup, All over the western hemisphere.

Don't make me site institue of health and CDC stats about how figgin fat we are in America! We're talking 50% of 'young people' are overweight or obese, which means most of the remaining 50% are normal or healthy weight. So only a tiny fraction of people actually have an 'eating disorder' like annorexia. (notice you never hear the term 'eating disorder' if your overweight?)

It's like people ignore the 50,000 automotive related deaths every year and get all bent out of shape over 5 or 6 lawn mower related deaths every year.

Personally, I blame Arnold Scwarzeneggar. He was appointed head of American fittness back in the early 90's... he failed. <_<

We're reaching a point where all the many fat(normal) kids will be picking on the few skinny (freakish) kids. How weird is that?

God I'm bored. :(

True...

I meant Hollywood and Magazines... and women as portrayed by the media in general.

Well Star Trek fans might be 40 year old virgins but at least they don't wait at the wrong theater lol

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...ar_wars_geeks_3

LOS ANGELES - "Star Wars" fans will have to find the right theater before they can leave for the dark side.

Seven weeks before its release, "Star Wars" fanatics started lining up outside Grauman's Chinese Theater for the sixth installment of the popular George Lucas movie series. The vigil began Saturday.

But there's a problem: "Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith" won't be showing at the Hollywood landmark when the movie is released May 19. The studio, 20th Century Fox, opted instead to open the film a mile away at the ArcLight theater.

Still, the resolute "Star Wars" die-hards aren't moving on. Beneath a makeshift awning, 11 people refused to relinquish their spots in line.

"We've heard all this before," fan Sarah Sprague said, noting there were plenty of rumors in 1999 and 2002 that previous "Star Wars" movies weren't opening at the Chinese Theater. The rumors were false and the films were shown there.

Fox and the ArcLight haven't completed their "Star Wars" deal, but executives on both sides told Daily Variety "Revenge of the Sith" will play at the ArcLight, not the Chinese.

Yet Sprague was adamant the line wouldn't be moving to the ArcLight.

"This is still the epicenter for `Star Wars' fans. For the big iconic pictures of the 1970s, people lining up were here. They weren't at the Cinerama Dome (at the ArcLight)," Sprague said.

Lucas' final "Star Wars" chapter spells out the last dark steps the once goodhearted young Anakin Skywalker takes to become the villain Darth Vader.

Why the hell would you start waiting in line now at any theater?

I think it will be interesting to see if people's opinions for TPM and AOTC change at all after seeing Episode 3.  Perhaps it will help tie something togehter more.  I know I liked Menace more after seeing Clones...

I agree, and I now find Menace to be a much better film than I first thought.

Same here.

ATOC filled in that loose plot that GL started in TPM. I think when all 3 are watched together that it will hold up better.

TPM has some bad stuff...mostly Jar Jar. He is just in way too many scenes for me.

AOTC. Watched this again the other day. My big complaint is that every and I mean every time Obi-Wan talks to Anakin he refers to him as young Padowan/Apprentice.

Would he really say that. It seems very redundant to me. That and the shoehorned Anakin and Padme romance are the only meh parts of II.

Everything else is awesome.

I am looking forward to III but I dont have the hope that it will be all I can ever imagine.

AOTC. Watched this again the other day. My big complaint is that every and I mean every time Obi-Wan talks to Anakin he refers to him as young Padowan/Apprentice.

Do ya think that might have something to do with why Anakin feels like Obi Wan is "holding him back?"

Just finished reading the book and if the movie is half as good as this it will be excellent. No childish crap and grevious gets it good. Jar Jar is in it but doesnt say a single word.

repeat again there is NO childish crap.

Do ya think that might have something to do with why Anakin feels like Obi Wan is "holding him back?"

More like Lucas just wrote some bad dialogue as usual lol.

Yup in the UK the novelization is out. The only difference i can tell so far is that the book doesnt go in depth on the wookie involvement it just mentions that yoda is there so the movie will still hold a suprise or 2. Unless someone wants a huge spoiler all i will say is that you will pity anakin at the end. Poor soul literally got torn in 2 by his dedication to the jedi and his friendship with palpatine.

I wonder...........Does George make the storyline so that little kids can understand it or does it just come out that way. The FX's are top notch. The vehicles and weapons are also kicka$$. The acting is O.K. The costumes are original. The overall SW universe is cool but why such a watered down plot in EVERY single movie. He must be aware or maybe just wants to "do it his way".