ugliest bootleg ever?

Guppy

I was in shanghai last week visiting sebastian and we found this little gem. I had to share it. I love the creative touches with the multiple skulls on the tail fins and the use of orange, silver and grey on the back.

ugly5fk.jpg

The grey color 'Low Vis' FAST Packs are kinda neat though.

Graham

Unfortunately the pic doesn't show it, but the plastic is so bad, it looks as strong as wafer biscuits. if you tapped it with a pen it would crack.

I wonder if any macross collectors out there collect super ugly valks..? Like a 'chamber of horrors' shelf? :D

- the MPC's would be a must. ;)

:D I prefer that gunpod & grey/silver set of fastpacks compared to the previous blue ones I'm so used to seeing everywhere. I gotta admit I don't like the way it comes painted and sealed with the unecessary stickers which are poorly applied and is just crap anyways. Butt ugly jumbo sized packaging that just takes up way too much space than it should if one chooses to keep theirs sealed. :p So many cons over pros here and the funny thing is if I seen those somewhere for $5-10 ea. ;) I'd probably grab a few to take home even though I thought it was a janky ko/ rendition of the VF-1S. :huh::unsure::blink: That's just sick ain't it?! :rolleyes::lol::D That's how I know I'm a Macross fool!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r::pB)) Ain't that a b!t<#!!! LOL :D

I wonder if any macross collectors out there collect super ugly valks..? Like a 'chamber of horrors' shelf?  :D

You hear that, Xstoys? :lol:

Xstoys wasn't the only one to hear :rolleyes:

I want one of these now to. It's so ugly I don't need to change a thing :lol:

These must be civilian valks custom painted by basara. UN spacy probably used more civilians to fight the wars for them. The idea is if you frighten them with ugly paint schemes to scare them away, they will get scared to fight and thier soldiers will be contaminated by the culture forcing them to join humans.

High visibility paint schemes make the people using them stand out and in the future it is fashionable to make the valks as garish as possible. (the people were on drugs when they painted them up. Like how it is retro cool for some to go back into the 60s and 70s. Orange gunpods, purple fast packs, multiple skulls where there should only be one, etc "its psychedelic man!" :D )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

1/55 custom? anyone? :p

jesus you guys. IT jsut needs a little love. See the good old "5 dollar" bootleg? This is what it was like before yamato and Bandai reissues.

nchen_vf-1s_diorama.13.jpg

And if you are smart enough custom the canopy (since there is none)

nchen_vf-1_cockpit.02.jpg

nchen_vf-1_cockpit.08.jpg

nchen_vf-1_cockpit.09.jpg

Oh yeah and those nasty botlegs dont have the spring loaded landing gears like the led cockpit version

Edited by Solscud007

I was in shanghai last week visiting sebastian and we found this little gem. I had to share it. I love the creative touches with the multiple skulls on the tail fins and the use of orange, silver and grey on the back.

ugly5fk.jpg

THAT'S the piece of crap I saw being sold in a San Pedro flea market! Those things looked so flimsy that just by staring at them you could shake them apart...way overpriced at $10...

i'll start the bidding..

5 bucks to see someone customize a 1/48 to the orange and purple sceme.

5 bucks, anyone want to out bid me?

*raises hand*

10 bucks, says it'll be a photoshopped job. :p