New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Shipping will the killer. I would assume that Yamato would learn that it would not be a good idea to make a bigger package.

the problem is, they don't care cause their target audience is in japan and HK where poeple off the street can just walk in and buy it.

they're technically not allowed to sell to the US, so shipping and box size is really the last thing on their mind. yeah it totally blows but thats it goes sometimes.

Wow, this is a gorgeous piece. I think I need to start saving up for it now. Being a poor grad student really sucks.

Graham,

sure, you can use the pic.

prometheum5,  the image was done in Photoshop. There is no special trick to it, just a Wacom tablet and a lot of layers.

Chris

Chris, you should turn that photo into a desktop wallpaper.

man so, it would be like $80-90 bucks shipped for this badboy....hmmm..maybe I just need 1...instead of a 5..... :rolleyes:

It's not that bad when you think about it. You are getting armour that encompasses the WHOLE valk, was little goodeis like removable missiles and killer detail.

kensei Posted on Apr 6 2005, 08:23 PM

QUOTE (snip312 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:01 AM)

man so, it would be like $80-90 bucks shipped for this badboy....hmmm..maybe I just need 1...instead of a 5.....

It's not that bad when you think about it. You are getting armour that encompasses the WHOLE valk, was little goodeis like removable missiles and killer detail.

You tell 'em, K!! And who are we kidding, guys?! Even if cost $100 for just the armor alone, each and everyone of us are getting at least one of these bad boys :lol::D

Arrrrgh! It's most likely to come in August! My Hong Kong dealer just told me!

Better then NEVER!!!!

:( It seems when they get seriously good hype about a product, they speed up the production like no tomorrow. But if it is not well like by the public, then they just shelve the project. <_<

Arrrrgh! It's most likely to come in August! My Hong Kong dealer just told me!

Better then NEVER!!!!

:( It seems when they get seriously good hype about a product, they speed up the production like no tomorrow. But if it is not well like by the public, then they just shelve the project. <_<

That doesnt seem to always be the case. Shouldnt the YF-19FP have gotten good hype? :unsure:

kensei Posted on Apr 6 2005, 08:23 PM

QUOTE (snip312 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:01 AM)

man so, it would be like $80-90 bucks shipped for this badboy....hmmm..maybe I just need 1...instead of a 5.....

It's not that bad when you think about it. You are getting armour that encompasses the WHOLE valk, and has little goodies like removable missiles and killer detail.

Even if cost $100 for just the armor alone,

Hey! Shhhhhh.......don't say things like that! ;)

QUOTE AlphaHX @ Apr 7 2005, 01:08 PMThat doesnt seem to always be the case. Shouldnt the YF-19FP have gotten good hype?

Oops.... :huh:

Edited by kensei

GBP.jpg

GBP in color.

Chris

Niiiice! In a dark color it doesn't look quite as bulky which is great!

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing the other day but haven't had time. Veterans from the old forums may recall this image I photoshopped back in the day when we first saw the prototype 1/60 sculpt. Old skool. :p

post-4-1113057229_thumb.jpg

GBP.jpg

GBP in color.

Chris

Niiiice! In a dark color it doesn't look quite as bulky which is great!

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing the other day but haven't had time. Veterans from the old forums may recall this image I photoshopped back in the day when we first saw the prototype 1/60 sculpt. Old skool. :p

Aahh the memories :);)

You´ve given me an idea for a future custom , thanks :lol:

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ? :huh:

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ? :huh:

Let's not get too excited. I think TAKATOYS and ANASAZI37 will wait for the GBP to come out officially. Why waste the time if this becomes vaporware like the yf-19 FP. :unsure:

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ?  :huh:

Let's not get too excited. I think TAKATOYS and ANASAZI37 will wait for the GBP to come out officially. Why waste the time if this becomes vaporware like the yf-19 FP. :unsure:

Waddya mean vapourware? I got the word that it's gonna come out and I gots the money flowin to my supplier too.

connor99, I think it's best to wait for the GBP to come out. Because not only do Takatoys and Anasazi make stickers out of better material, but if it's bhadly disproportioned they will fix that as well.

Thanks.

I've been lurking on these boards for some time now so I thought I might finally post something...

I actually wanted to do only the basic coloring, so that I could see what the GBP would look like when Yamato finishes it. But I had to do some real work today, so of course I started adding more and more detail to the image, as an exscuse to avoid doing it.

So I have this really detailed Valkyrie image, and the work is still waiting... ah, well, tomorrow is another day.

Here is the finished pic, with some markings and noseart (or is it legart in this case?) added.

Chris

GBP2.jpg

Was this done on photoshop, that looks awsome. :o

While we're on the subject of stickers.

Do you think Yamato will tampo print any insignia on the GBP Armor?

It sure looks like there are plenty of flat surfaces to get it done.

Not even with the free advertising they get from MacrossWorld's main page! :D

It's nice to know that at least one person still visits the main page :lol:

Graham

Ha, ya hear that Yamato, 'FREE ADVERTISING'....Ha <_<

Graham

So will yamato show us the special hands with extra-long articulated wrists so the poor battroid can actually hold a gunpod underneath that sumo outfit? Or was that just an unfounded rumor?

What I'd like to see is the wrist plugging into an extension that is itself a large balljoint. (think of the heads on the alternators) The extension then plugs into where the wrist would normally go. Maybe they could give us individually articulated fingers this time, and an overall larger hand so it has bulkier fists? Basically I would love to see the valk with ham fists while it wears that armour to match the overall size of the rest of its body.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

kensei Posted: Apr 10 2005, 12:16 AM 

connor99, I think it's best to wait for the GBP to come out. Because not only do Takatoys and Anasazi make stickers out of better material, but if it's bhadly disproportioned they will fix that as well

I did kinda jumped the gun there a little bit. I'm just so psyched at getting this version of the GBP that I'm thinking way too far ahead :lol::D . I hope YAMATO's not gonna disappoint with this one.

I did kinda jumped the gun there a little bit. I'm just so psyched at getting this version of the GBP that I'm thinking way too far ahead :lol::D . I hope YAMATO's not gonna disappoint with this one.

I don't think Yamato is gonna disappoint. The thing is, the 1/48 is so big already, and handling that and the armour is going to be quite a challenge! Best for a display piece that you would use often. :)

Ok, now that we have some kind of idea when this particular armor's coming out, let me ask the next obvious question: Does anyone know if either TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37's making decals for the 1/48 GBP's ?   :huh:

Waddya mean vapourware? I got the word that it's gonna come out and I gots the money flowin to my supplier too.

connor99, I think it's best to wait for the GBP to come out. Because not only do Takatoys and Anasazi make stickers out of better material, but if it's bhadly disproportioned they will fix that as well.

There's no chance that this will be vapourware. Yamato will be stooopid to stop the progress on this. Summer of 2005 here we come!

Looks like it most likely won't be vaporware. Toy-Wave is already taking preorders on it at US$69.

One thing I noticed the weight placed at Toy-Wave is 2kg. Wonder whether thats an estimate or weight given by Yamato.

Edited by Valk-1S