New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

The look of the fully armoured valk is nothing short of phenomenal, this could well be the thing that makes me finally get around to buying a 1/48. :D

I feel you here, too. :D

Just a little revenue issue though.......

"Oh, Honey? We don't have to feed the kids for the next few weeks do we?" :p

2005 Summer!  8000yen + tax!

The pic I posted came from HK toy news:

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...&from=⊂=y

This is the specific post that carry the price tag:

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...em=168893&utag=

Can someone tell me why there are two prices posted?.

What's the difference between the 8000 and 8400 prices?

Is that the tax?

Edited by Mechamaniac

2005 Summer!  8000yen + tax!

The pic I posted came from HK toy news:

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...&from=⊂=y

This is the specific post that carry the price tag:

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...em=168893&utag=

Is that the tax?

with crotch/nosecone adaptor and without crotch/nosecone adaptor perhaps ?

Is that the tax?

when u buy from shops in japan itself, u'll have to pay 5% tax. so 5% of 8000 yen is 400 yen.

but when ordering from HLJ, u don't need to pay the 5% tax. so it'll still be 8000 yen.

Hey where is GU-11 gunpod ?!  BTW I think the Valk head would have a bit of difficulty looking over those shoulder launchers !  ;)

If a target gets close enough so that the over-the-shoulder-visibility becomes a problem.....he's got some serious issues!! :p

Like Hikaru, too distracted by the swimsuited girls on his monitor to notice that he was about to crash into the Zentradi scout ship? :lol:

Damn, you guys talking how many you will get... I am stillwondering if I should get 15 of these puppies. Of course it would require me to get more valks. :rolleyes::lol:

:huh:

Hm.... I'm sure in your case, there is no such thing as "overkill" in your dictionary, only "ensured victory"! :p

Damn, you guys talking how many you will get... I am stillwondering if I should get 15 of these puppies.  Of course it would require me to get more valks.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

You still need MORE?

Don't worry Lynx, he's just trying to psyche me out. :rolleyes:

Not bad :D Any pics in Gerwalk or Fighter mode ? :p Ok I gonna shoot myself ;)

Man, I was wondering about the bundle too. But can't afford to wait until all the current VF-1J Hikaru disappear from the market, as the demand will sure be hi when the GBP comes out this summer. And not sure if Yamato will reissue it, since they had a lot out previously. This holy grail is finally coming, after so many years of waiting... *teary eyes* I am anticipating this so much now that I finally break my "One 1/48 Valk Only" rule. Man, I am so broke with all the great toys coming out...

mpchi Posted on Apr 5 2005, 02:07 PM

Man, I was wondering about the bundle too. But can't afford to wait until all the current VF-1J Hikaru disappear from the market, as the demand will sure be hi when the GBP comes out this summer. And not sure if Yamato will reissue it, since they had a lot out previously. This holy grail is finally coming, after so many years of waiting... *teary eyes* I am anticipating this so much now that I finally break my "One 1/48 Valk Only" rule. Man, I am so broke with all the great toys coming out... 

He-he, welcome to Valkaholics Anonymous :lol::D ! MPCHI, if yer looking for a 1/48 VF-1J, I know who's selling one ;):) !!

Damn, you guys talking how many you will get... I am stillwondering if I should get 15 of these puppies.  Of course it would require me to get more valks.   :rolleyes:  :lol:

You still need MORE?

Don't worry Lynx, he's just trying to psyche me out. :rolleyes:

Nope. No need of a pyche out. It is just gonna happen. If they ever release the CF, I am buying 30 of them. The 2 seaters are another story: 4 VE, 5 VT and 6 VF-1Ds, if they ever make them.

Damn, you guys talking how many you will get... I am stillwondering if I should get 15 of these puppies.  Of course it would require me to get more valks.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

:huh:

Hm.... I'm sure in your case, there is no such thing as "overkill" in your dictionary, only "ensured victory"! :p

Damn straight! Should talk to my brother. When I play Red Alert with him, he dies with hundreds of tanks of mine overrunning his base. :D

He-he, welcome to Valkaholics Anonymous  :lol:  :D ! MPCHI, if yer looking for a 1/48 VF-1J, I know who's selling one  ;)  :) !!

Thanks for the heads up. ;) I was able to snatch one online at a decent price. But keep fellow collectors posted, as I am sure more buyers will pop up here as the release day approaches.

You see what happens when I don't have opportunity to read the forums?.... everything goes to sh1t :p ...kidding seriously that's amazing, what good news! The GPB is becoming reality :D and chris what a way to make your mark at MW those pictures are awsome, probably the most saved pic in recent MW history surely.....well besides that whole cosplay/man-faye thing :(;):lol:

Still no word if this is going to be bundled with a 1J?

Well, the original announcement was that there would be both a bundle and a stand-alone pack, but now I'm not so sure. :unsure:

The info plate makes no mention of a VF-1J set, only a 8000yen GPB pack. Since there are still 1/48`s on shelves here in Japan, maybe they dont want to oversaturate the market with 3 different boxes with the same VF-1J in it? They know full well the dangers of oversaturation.

Still no word if this is going to be bundled with a 1J?

Well, the original announcement was that there would be both a bundle and a stand-alone pack, but now I'm not so sure. :unsure:

The info plate makes no mention of a VF-1J set, only a 8000yen GPB pack. Since there are still 1/48`s on shelves here in Japan, maybe they dont want to oversaturate the market with 3 different boxes with the same VF-1J in it? They know full well the dangers of oversaturation.

From auctions it seems most of the 1/48s are the supers Max and Miryas mainly. I'm ok if they don't do a bundle but simply reissue the VF-1J.

The thing is with the bundled set, there are already all those VF-1J versions, and just imagine how big the box would be for the bundle.... that's a big assed box.

Not necessarily. I bet they will present the VF-1J with the Armour on, like the 1/60. It's the most efficient way to save space. It will be much heavier, but should be around the same size. Yamato's been good with the box size lately.

maybe when they sell the armor with the 1J they'll sell it takatoku style with the valk in battroid on one side and the armor on the other....that's look so cool imho...

It's not cool for shipping cost, remember the yammie Ve-1 an Vt-1 :(

maybe when they sell the armor with the 1J they'll sell it takatoku style with the valk in battroid on one side and the armor on the other....that's look so cool imho...

It's not cool for shipping cost, remember the yammie Ve-1 an Vt-1 :(

Yeah, crikey that was ridiculous. BUt as I said, Yamato has probably learned from that experience and made the boxes a more modest size nowadays. Nothing stupid so far.