Newbie Questions on Macross

The pilots of the ASCA are all from US Navy? are there other navy's pilots (like Russian navy, Royal Navy ...) on board?

The pilots of the ASCA are all from US Navy? are there other navy's pilots (like Russian navy, Royal Navy ...) on board?

The pilots and crew on Asuka II are, for most purposes, considered UN Spacy. Where they came from and such gets moved over to UN jursidiction. This probably done, production-wise, to make it all easier to distinguish who is on which side. Roy could have been USAF, Shin was USN, Katie could have been USMC or which ever Marine Corps of her origin. From which countries' armed forces no longer matter because they all get consolidated under the UN armed-forces banner.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd always liked to think of Roy as a USN pilot...given the "Jolly Rogers" insignia of his Valk...Who knows? Maybe they took the Jolly Rogers and placed the entire squadron under the UN Military's purview...

Perhaps a few USAF, USN and USMC squadrons were specially selected to receive Valkyries. And a USN squadron was chosen and put under Roy's command...who knows...? Maybe I'll ask something like this at next years AX if I can go.

forgot if this has been asked before but are both designs of the -14 (early concept shown in M7 and "refined" version shown in th M3 video game) share the same codename "Vampire"? or does it just refer to the -14 in M3?

forgot if this has been asked before but are both designs of the -14 (early concept shown in M7 and "refined" version shown in th M3 video game) share the same codename "Vampire"?...

Yes.

or does it just refer to the -14 in M3?

I believe it names it as VF-14 Vampire so "14" or "Vampire" would be fine.

i was reading a post about megaroads in another thread and it got me thinking about the population of macross. i noticed that in DYRL, supposively almost EVERYONE on Earth was killed. but when watching macross plus, no more than 30 years later or so... there were a bunch of people living on earth... AND eden. i know zentradies also ended up living on earth too... but isnt it a bit much still to inhabit two whole planets in 30 years? :blink:

i was reading a post about megaroads in another thread and it got me thinking about the population of macross. i noticed that in DYRL, supposively almost EVERYONE on Earth was killed. but when watching macross plus, no more than 30 years later or so... there were a bunch of people living on earth... AND eden. i know zentradies also ended up living on earth too... but isnt it a bit much still to inhabit two whole planets in 30 years?  :blink:

People tend to make luv and popping out babies like rabbits (ahem) after a war. Perhaps that's what happened after Space War 1.

Edited by Wabbit

The compendium talk about mass-cloning after the war if i remember well.

Yep. Supposedly, they used Protoculture cloning technology passed on from the Zentraedi to beef up the population for awhile, until cloning defects started to become too big of a problem.

The compendium talk about mass-cloning after the war if i remember well.

Yep. Supposedly, they used Protoculture cloning technology passed on from the Zentraedi to beef up the population for awhile, until cloning defects started to become too big of a problem.

Cloning begins:

May 2010

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol...2010/index.html

Cloning ends:

December 2030

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol...2013/index.html

With the VE-1, are all the electronic warfare equipment located in the FAST Packs and belly mounted equipment? If so, is it right to say that te VE-1 is just a electronic warfare valkyrie exclusively used in space, and worthless without it's FAST Packs?

With the VE-1, are all the electronic warfare equipment located in the FAST Packs and belly mounted equipment? If so, is it right to say that te VE-1 is just a electronic warfare valkyrie exclusively used in space, and worthless without it's FAST Packs?

We've never seen it in atmosphere so officially....I can't answer that.

However, I'm sure that it does have equipment that would allow it to work within atmosphere.

In the first ep of Mac+, was Guld cheating in the live combat simulation with the drones? How is it that his computer was able to know how the exact pathways that the missiles will disperse? Millard's reaction was suspicious after witnessing the incident as well. I suspect foul play. Was he cheating or not?

In the first ep of Mac+, was Guld cheating in the live combat simulation with the drones? How is it that his computer was able to know how the exact pathways that the missiles will disperse? Millard's reaction was suspicious after witnessing the incident as well. I suspect foul play. Was he cheating or not?

Guld wasnt cheating. I dont know how but with the brainwave system on the YF-21, Guld was able to use it to predict projected paths of the missiles so he would know where to go to avoid them all.

Millard imo just found it surprising that he could dodge them all... i dunt think he was suspicious of it.

If you saw the movie version, you would see that he wasnt cheating since theres a part where Guld dodges a bunch of missiles being thrown at him by the Ghost.

Edited by AlphaHX

Guld wasnt cheating. I dont know how but with the brainwave system on the YF-21, Guld was able to use it to predict projected paths of the missiles so he would know where to go to avoid them all.

Millard imo just found it surprising that he could dodge them all... i dunt think he was suspicious of it.

If you saw the movie version, you would see that he wasnt cheating since theres a part where Guld dodges a bunch of missiles being thrown at him by the Ghost.

I meant that I thought Millard was a parley to Guld cheating. While I think the BDS system is quite advanced, I don't think it could actually predict accurately the paths of the missiles.

I meant that I thought Millard was a parley to Guld cheating. While I think the BDS system is quite advanced, I don't think it could actually predict accurately the paths of the missiles.

Well, like i said, u need to watch the movie version where Guld does the same thing while fighting the Ghost. that definitely wasnt set up and he even dodges more missiles than in the training... and not to mention the ghost was launching real missiles at him. :p

heres a music video that contains the part that i was talking about. its near the end with the battle with Guld vs the Ghost.

Macross Plus - Information High

Edited by AlphaHX

It's a very simple process, actually.

If you know how maneuverable the missiles are and where they are currently, you can plot their future motion.

Adding a moving target doens't complicate things as much as you'd think.

In point of fact, it's a task that could be done NOW.

But we have no real need for such a system, because we believe in chaff and flares, not out-flying the missiles.

Countermeasures are actually a better idea, generally speaking, because the missiles don't have a soft squishy pilot to worry about killing with g-forces, so they can pull far faster and tighter moves. A missile can be designed to outfly any piloted vehicle that ever will exist.

And even if we did have a need for a system like seen in M+, we have no way to rig an intuitive interface. That's where the BDI/BCS comes in really useful. Not only does Guld have a suite of advanced sensors and an incredibly powerful computer at his disposal, he's also got a perfectly intuitive interface to them.

The sensors of the YF-21 are just like another set of eyes. Just eyes with diffrent ranges.

The computer predictions may as well be worked out in his head, because he has instant access to them without looking away from the battle. Same goes for all his instruments.

The technology is incredibly powerful.

If Macross were the real world, I would expect it to show up again relatively soon. It's not the kind of thing that just gets thrown away and abandoned because it had one accidental murder attempt...

If you know how maneuverable the missiles are and where they are currently, you can plot their future motion.

Exactly.

If Macross were the real world, I would expect it to show up again relatively soon. It's not the kind of thing that just gets thrown away and abandoned because it had one accidental murder attempt...

Well, in real world they chose to go for the ghost :lol:

FV

Exactly.

Well, in real world they chose to go for the ghost :lol:

FV

Dammit, why did you have to say something I agree with?!?

I have a question (And i've been a fan for a number of years now),

Does anyone know what type of metal the Alien Star Ship One was made of? And what metal did they utilize to rebuild it into the macross during it's decade-long refurbishment?

Hyper carbon materials. :D

What kinds of metal did they use to make it into SDF-1? Hyper carbon materials. :D

...And a bunch of other metals. :p

Read this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6415

In the words of Egan Loo,

It is not said in the Macross television series that Supervision ships are made from hypercarbon.

While Do You Remember Love? does say that hypercarbon is one material used in the engine block of the Macross, it is not said that it is used in the armor of the VF-0 and other VFs.

In other words, we know that hypercarbon formed part of the SDF-1 Macross, at least in DYRL continuity, but other than that, there doesn't seem to be an official answer regarding its original composition or its reconstruction.

I've just moved this post to the newbie movies and tv series thread from the newbie toy thread since I was told it was more apropriate to ask for here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some stupid questions on yf21.

Ok this is from the compendium about the yf21:

ARMAMENT: Fixed Erlikon AAB-7(.5) super-minature anti-aircraft laser turret mounted rearward on forward dorsal fuselage in Fighter and GERWALK modes or on head turret in Battroid mode. Two semi-fixed Mauler REB-22 laser beam guns with forward and rearward barrels mounted underneath tail stabilizers in Fighter mode or in the lower arm section in GERWALK and Fighter modes. Fixed Howard PBS-03F fighter-carried pin-point barrier system for use in GERWALK and Battroid modes. Two Fighter-mode tail stabilizers act as shields in GERWALK and Battroid modes in concert with barrier system. Four internal Bifors BML-02S YF-21-exclusive all-environ rapid-fire micro-missile launchers with exit ports on the forward dorsal section to the sides of the engine nacelles. Four hard point weapon stations for two external Howard/General GV-17L new standard cartridge-less gatling gun pods each with retractable grip and retractable stealth cover, and/or four FAST Pack micro-missile launcher pods mounted below fuselage and to the rear of fuselage in Fighter mode or on leg storage bay cover panels (or in manipulators for gun pods) and lower arms in GERWALK and Battroid modes.

where it mentions:

"Two semi-fixed Mauler REB-22 laser beam guns with forward and rearward barrels mounted underneath tail stabilizers in Fighter mode or in the lower arm section in GERWALK and Fighter modes."

Where are the forward barrels in fighter mode to shoot forward? Could someone post a pic (maybe even show on the yamato 1/72 toy) and circle the area where it would be? The rearward barrels are just the guns on the mechs wrists, correct? But I only see them being able to shoot rearwards..How do these lasers shoot forward in fighter mode if there is no visible hole to shoot out of? (maybe the roundish elbow piece opens up or something?)

Also on the arm armor, there are what look like black holes on the back of these arm armor pieces. (they are on the toy at least) Does this armor piece have any weapons in it or is it just extra armor?

I've always been confused as to where all the weapons and stuff are located on the yf21. I've just watched M+ and some of it is confusing. For example there is a scene where guld doesn't have any leg armor to hold the 2 gunpods on his yf21 and he is shooting from underneath his plane. I don't exactly know where from but it is underneath somewhere. Is there an extra area to shoot from underneath the plane other than the where the twin gunpods usually sit when the yf21 is equiped with the fp leg armor? The angle doesn't let you see clearly. If he doesn't have the leg armor to hold the twin gunpods is this possible? (ie to shoot stuff from this area?)

Argh I need some diagrams to show me the exact locations of all this stuff..

even after watching the action scenes in slow motion it is still hard to follow what is going on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Some stupid questions on yf21.

You should go out and get the Macross Design Works book. It will explain a majority of your questions.

1) They're there. Look harder (i.e. see attachment)

2) My guess? Venier thrusters. Who knows? Who cares. <_<

3) This is answered in the Macross Design Works book. The YF-21 does not need the FAST packs to hold the gun pods. The underside does have mounts for holding the gunpods without the use of the FAST packs. However, during most of M+, you see the YF-21 with the mounts closed and without the gunpods.

As Shawn says here: "You WANT this book-really!"

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/...esign_works.htm

post-2-1098683053_thumb.gif

Edited by azrael

Damn, 41.99. I guess I lucked out. I got mine for 19.99.

Don't hesitate to share the link with the other members of this board then: I bet a lot of them will be interested... :p

A UN Spacy Flight Team can use Officers ans NCO at same time? Like:

Sergeant

2nd Lieutenant (Team Leader)

Sergeant

Or a team can be composed only by Officers or only by NCO?

Edited by Zero Enna

A UN Spacy Flight Team can use Officers ans NCO at same time? Like:

Sergeant

2nd Lieutenant (Team Leader)

Sergeant

Or a team can be composed only by Officers or only by NCO?

The Lt. would outrank the 2 Sgts (remember, the 2 Sgts are NCOs). Even if the Sgts have much more experienced, an officers' authority still outweighs a NCO. The majority of flight groups are made up of officers (I'm not sure about having a NCO fly one of those things, yet in times of need, yes, you should have NCOs flying, like in SDFM). Unless of course those 2 Sgts aren't under the authority of the Lt....

Hi Macross Fans!!!

I'm kinda new hear (This is only my second post) and i was wondering if someone here could direct me to a site or even tell me of:

(1)what happened to the Misa Hayase-helmed SDF-02/Megaroad-01 after it departed from earth?

(2) According to dave deitrich's site the Megaroad-01 dissappeared in a general area near or maybe somewhere near what is now called the varuta system in Macross 7? Is this true?

(3) Also I would like to know if its true that the well know couple of Max-Milia (from the original macross) are going thru some sort of separation/divorce in M7? and why or how did this happen?

Edited by grss1982