Returned to CN, "The Clone Wars" has, hmmm.

Just caught the second episode of "Clone Wars" (7:00PM ET), and thus far it's pretty good. The airing format has been revised to 15 minutes installments instead of the previous 5 min. segments; this is an immense improvement as it allows the story to flow much more smoothly. And now, the cartoon has elements linking it to the upcoming movie.

IMO, this is proving to be an excellent preamble to "Revenge of the Sith" :)

I honestly don't see what you kids get out of the new SW stuff... Episodes I & II where some of the worst movies I've ever seen.. :(

You must not have seen many movies. :lol:

I honestly don't see how the OT got put on a pedestal like it has been because it really is the same old crap. But everyone knows how I feel about that.

Is this the third season of CW? I think I missed the second.

i to saw the episode i am glad they are 15 minutes now, i hope to see more of grevious, as for episode 1 and 2 yea they were no where near the level of the first trilogy but i thought they were decent. i am looking forward to seeing how the final movie turns out and since this is the middle between the 2nd and third movie, it is pretty interesting stuff, and should tide me over until the third movies release.

chris

Whatever. Episode I was pretty lame, but Episode II was pretty good, I thought. I think it gets ragged on just because it isn't what the fanboys dreamed it would be in their fanfics. And I can see how the original Trilogy wowed people back in the 70's when those special effects were just amazing, but at the end of the day they're just above average sci-fi movies... I've seen better, I've seen worse.

As for the Clone Wars, I haven't seen any yet. I did pick up the first two seasons on DVD today, though.

Whatever.  Episode I was pretty lame, but Episode II was pretty good, I thought.  I think it gets ragged on just because it isn't what the fanboys dreamed it would be in their fanfics.  And I can see how the original Trilogy wowed people back in the 70's when those special effects were just amazing, but at the end of the day they're just above average sci-fi movies... I've seen better, I've seen worse.

As for the Clone Wars, I haven't seen any yet.  I did pick up the first two seasons on DVD today, though.

That's really what I feel is the situation. Many people, not all of them, that disliked the prequel films or try to pick them apart, just didn't like them cause they didn't live up to what they had pictured or figured what the prequels would be like. Some caused their own disappointment by expecting to see on thing and had it in their minds that things needed to be a certain way but Lucas didn't go in the direction they wanted. Or they were so used to the novels which are more scifi then a space opera (like the films) that they just aren't used to the style of Lucas or Star Wars films. They wanted it to be like their EU novels and it wasn't so.

At least that's how I take it after looking at several forums and seeing post from people that say they didn't like the films. Though not all people that disliked the films were like that but I found a good majority of people I've come in contact with are like that. People look at what the film isn't like instead of just watching the film for what it is and simply watching to enjoy it instead of trying to compare it or take it apart. Causing their own disenjoyment in a way I feel.

Anyway I saw the first episode but I missed tonight's episode since I was in class. I'll check it out in the morning on Cartoon Networks site. I'm glad they are longer as well, I really enjoyed the scenes between Anakin and Padme in the first episode.

Edited by Effect

I honestly don't see how the OT got put on a pedestal like it has been because it really is the same old crap. But everyone knows how I feel about that.

Err. The prequels are the "same old crap". But even then that's debatable. The OT is the "original old crap".

-Al

I forced my girlfriend to watch Ep I and II in preparation for III.

I had not seen Episode I in a long time. Man, it was worse than I remembered. But I found I had actually been a bit too hard on Ep II. My girlfriend said that she expected much worse from Ep II after hearing me rant about Lucas and having already seen the OT (and enjoying it). But she could not stand the kid and Jar Jar in Ep I. . . and I didn't even have to help her come to that opinion.

Truthfully, while I have a newfound respect for II. . . Ep I sucks so much worse than even I had remembered. And that's saying something.

H

I honestly don't see what you kids get out of the new SW stuff... Episodes I & II where some of the worst movies I've ever seen..  :(

I honestly don't see how the OT got put on a pedestal like it has been because it really is the same old crap.

Seriously.

Clone Wars is a cool cartoon, though.

Yikes!  Didn't realize they started this week! :(   Will they be rerunning episodes or airing them online anytime soon???

New episodes appear on CN's website the day after its broadcast.

You're welcome

Added:

You look better in the dark anyway

And people say Lucas writes awful romance scenes... :rolleyes:

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Yikes!  Didn't realize they started this week! :(   Will they be rerunning episodes or airing them online anytime soon???

You're welcome

Added:

ack, it's not working! :( but thanx anyway. Maybe later it'll work.

You're welcome

Added:

ack, it's not working! :( but thanx anyway. Maybe later it'll work.

Click on settings, set up your player preference, then click on the little disc that says "21".

As a rather hardcore SW fan, I must say that alot of people put the original trilogy on a pedistal, & pick apart the new trilogy because it is the cool thing to do. I like all of the SW films for what they, sci-fi/space opera/action movies for the family. And no matter how bad you might think TPM is, it is still 10x better than all of the ST:TNG movies put together.

Guest Bromgrev
... but at the end of the day they're just above average sci-fi movies... I've seen better, I've seen worse.

... Such as? :huh:

Dammit, "episodes are only available to viewers in North America"! :angry:

Edited by Bromgrev

Yikes! Didn't realize they started this week! :( Will they be rerunning episodes or airing them online anytime soon???

Saturday they'll show all five episodes back to back at 8:00 pm EST. Check local listings to be sure though. ;)

Chris

Yikes!  Didn't realize they started this week! :(  Will they be rerunning episodes or airing them online anytime soon???

Saturday they'll show all five episodes back to back at 8:00 pm EST. Check local listings to be sure though. ;)

Chris

Thanks for the heads-up on the compiled re-airing.

As a rather hardcore SW fan, I must say that alot of people put the original trilogy on a pedistal, & pick apart the new trilogy because it is the cool thing to do. I like all of the SW films for what they, sci-fi/space opera/action movies for the family. And no matter how bad you might think TPM is, it is still 10x better than all of the ST:TNG movies put together.

Well said.

Even though there are some legitimate grips about the prequals, most arguments I've heared are mor of the "it's crap because he didn't do this stuff this particular way." It is one of the few series of movies where fans had their minds completely made up beforehand about what it should be.

The Clone Wars series does seem to be better received overall...

Edited by Prime

Many people, not all of them, that disliked the prequel films or try to pick them apart, just didn't like them cause they didn't live up to what they had pictured or figured what the prequels would be like. Some caused their own disappointment by expecting to see on thing and had it in their minds that things needed to be a certain way but Lucas didn't go in the direction they wanted. Or they were so used to the novels which are more scifi then a space opera (like the films) that they just aren't used to the style of Lucas or Star Wars films. They wanted it to be like their EU novels and it wasn't so.

I can see that. However, it really isn't a very fair assessment, either. Loads of folks, including myself don't get into any of the EU stuff or novels or anything beyond just the original trilogy films... and most people still think Ep I and Ep II sucked donkey balls.

The fact is that the majority of people who see Star Wars movies are NOT people who read fanboy novels and fanfiction. So, you can't really write off the disappointment as fanboy outrage so easily. Some people just think the movies themselves aren't all that good.

That being said, everybody's entitled to their opinion.

And back on topic - I think the Clone Wars cartoons were very fun... the only thing I really hate is having to watch those doofy 5 minute increments. Too much trouble for that tiny amount of entertainment. 15 minute versions sound better... but I'd rather just watch the whole damn thing. Is there somewhere you can download that?

Yikes!  Didn't realize they started this week! :(  Will they be rerunning episodes or airing them online anytime soon???

Chris

Ahh, Yes. Thanks for the good news. I hope it pans out.

For the other member that asked, I believe this is actually considered "Season II."

I also like the longer format and thought that last season was excellent and, IMHO, wish that Eps I & II were animated like Clone Wars - Season I.

Few things about this Season:

1) If you're worried about spoilers and are dodging the spoiler thread here at MW, I'd maybe hold-off on watching this. It's only been 2 episodes there's already been many examples of what has been seen in that thread. Granted the Trailers have shown everyone stuff too, but some people don't even watch those.

2) Addition of more one-liners from the OT are great.

3) But there also is more "sillyness" which I'm not too sure if I'm agreeing with yet. The last season was more dramatic/militaristic and this appeared to be more of that greatness, but then the silly voices/actions started to appear. Definitely will not keep me from religiously watching the series, but just had hoped for the same ol' serious stuff I guess.

That being said, can't wait for tonight!!!

Chris

Ahh, Yes. Thanks for the good news. I hope it pans out.

For the other member that asked, I believe this is actually considered "Season II."

I also like the longer format and thought that last season was excellent and, IMHO, wish that Eps I & II were animated like Clone Wars - Season I.

Few things about this Season:

1) If you're worried about spoilers and are dodging the spoiler thread here at MW, I'd maybe hold-off on watching this. It's only been 2 episodes there's already been many examples of what has been seen in that thread. Granted the Trailers have shown everyone stuff too, but some people don't even watch those.

2) Addition of more one-liners from the OT are great.

3) But there also is more "sillyness" which I'm not too sure if I'm agreeing with yet. The last season was more dramatic/militaristic and this appeared to be more of that greatness, but then the silly voices/actions started to appear. Definitely will not keep me from religiously watching the series, but just had hoped for the same ol' serious stuff I guess.

That being said, can't wait for tonight!!!

I totally agree about the silliness comment. Particularly the 3PO moment! Yikes! :blink:

Chris

P.S. The Clone Wars DVD rocks! The bridging the gap documentary is pretty darn sweet. It has some new footage of the Ep. III of the space battle at the end of the docu. Also the Game trailers and the teaser trailer to Ep III!

I honestly don't see what you kids get out of the new SW stuff... Episodes I & II were some of the worst movies I've ever seen..  :(

The original trilogy is definitely overrated (considering the near-godlike status it has achieved in terms of movie fandom), but at the end of the day they're enjoyable movies.

The prequels are just so stilted, and so full of pointless appearances by characters from the old movies that I really can't say the same. What does the young Obi-Wan Kenobi have to do with the old one? Who cares where Boba Fett came from, or the exact details of how the emperor came to power? Star Wars geeks might, for the sake of trivia. The prequels are all about filling in blanks from the original trilogy - blanks which, often as not, just aren't worth filling. At best it makes for good fodder for the trilogy addicts, at worst it's providing a backstory context which has no value.

But, yeah, there are worse movies out there than the prequels. The prequels have very little going for them apart from the action - poor performances, lame dialogue, annoying characters, etc... but the action is reasonably good. There have been plenty of movies with all of the above, only not as good. :)

The prequels.....poor performances, lame dialogue, annoying characters, etc... 

Good ol' Lucas "ruined" 'em. Should've called Irvin Kershner!!!

Hopefully Ep. III will be more like ESB. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, though.....that's good to hear about the DVD stuff for Clone Wars! Me wants!!

I hadn't seen a Star Wars film in years and years and I wasn't a fanboy at all when I saw Episode I in the theater. I just thought it sucked bawlz. Episode II was a LITTLE better because of more action but..

Compare a 5 minute clip of ESB and five minutes of Episode II. ESB has sooo much more atmosphere and depth. I like the special effects more because they're REAL. you may be looking at a miniature rubber monster but atleast its REAL. its movie making on a grander scale. they will never make another movie like Blade Runner, Total Recall, or the first SW trilogy because movies have gone the cheap route with CGI.

the new trilogy just doesn't do anything for me. none of the scenes have any presence or "feel" to them. the #hit just doesn't look real. It doesn't help either that you know its not real either, just CG.

I just look at the new trilogy as a cash cow for Lucas, thats it.

And can you buy a DVD set of the first three movies WITHOUT the new added scenes? that might be cool..

Episode 1..... Only good part the light saber fight at the end... Yippie.......

Episode 2..... Gets good right when the execution starts. They should have just started the movie with the execution. That would have made it a 45 minute movie though......

Clone Wars... Fun!

Edited by Myriad

You're welcome

Not yet! :p

I tried viewing that page last night, but for some reason, I can not hardly view anything on Cartoon Network's website. I'm going to have to play with my security settings some more. I tried setting my privacy settings to their lowest, but that doesn't even work. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I can't view most of CN's content?

Edited by Apollo Leader

But, yeah, there are worse movies out there than the prequels.  The prequels have very little going for them apart from the action - poor performances, lame dialogue, annoying characters, etc...  but the action is reasonably good.  There have been plenty of movies with all of the above, only not as good.  :)

See and you just nailed how I feel about all SW movies. Except, at the end of the day I think they're just plain fun. I strongly suspect that much of SW's success was simply due to the pioneering special effects, a tradition they appear to be upholding. To me, a rubber suit is just as revealing as a cgi character or backdrop. What do I do? I eat my popcorn and enjoy.

I dunno. Clone Wars seems to be more of the same to me, but people like it a lot more. Its all about the action. However, since I like all of the SW movies anyway, I like Clone Wars as well. :)

The prequels are just so stilted, and so full of pointless appearances by characters from the old movies that I really can't say the same. What does the young Obi-Wan Kenobi have to do with the old one?

Ummm...what? Are you seriously sugesting that Obi Wan Kenobi should not have had a part in the Prequels? :huh:

You're welcome

Not yet! :p

I tried viewing that page last night, but for some reason, I can not hardly view anything on Cartoon Network's website. I'm going to have to play with my security settings some more. I tried setting my privacy settings to their lowest, but that doesn't even work. Does anyone have any suggestions on why I can't view most of CN's content?

No problems here, and my browser's security setting is not set to lowest.