Where ELSE For Star Wars Discussion?

Hurin

Well, I prep-ed my girlfriend for Episode III by forcing Ep I and II on her.

And it's got me in the mood to discuss Star Wars again. But I don't want to inflict this upon you fine folks here (cuz we've discussed much of it before and some here just plainly don't like some of the debates).

So, a question for some of you Star Wars fans: I realize there may not be a fully mature and/or good Star Wars discussion forum on the web. But, if you had to pick one, which would it be? Which one, as far from it as it might be, is the closest to the MW atmosphere here which we all know and love? ;)

Thanks!

H

The Jedi Council Forums

The largest Star Wars fan community on the internet. Say, what MacrossWorld could be if anyone were running the ship. :p

The ship is running quite well, thank you very much. Now as for some of the passengers......... :p

If you look outside the forums, you might notice that there have been quite a few updates to the main site recently and there will be even more updates coming.

Graham

The Jedi Council Forums ha!

That place is as lame as some would say Macross 7. It's a slow working forum. Not to mention but I actually banned there after making my first post.

I said something based on opinion. I think I was talking about my dislike of the focus of jedi in the novels. I said something like, "I use to enjoy the expanded universe novels but now to me they seem like those fanasty paper backs that you see some greesy over weight nerd reading on the bus."

Next thing I know I was banned. I was speaking the truth. You ever see the people that read fanasty books on the public bus :lol:. I sent them a PM and got unbanned with in minutes. Yet it made me think they are a little more sensitive over there.

The Jedi Council Forums ha!

That place is as lame as some would say Macross 7. It's a slow working forum. Not to mention but I actually banned there after making my first post.

Trouble maker! I knew it! I bet you put my penis in your avatar there, too!

If you look outside the forums, you might notice that there have been quite a few updates to the main site recently and there will be even more updates coming.

Graham

Oh, great, magazine scans from 2 years ago, here's a cookie. I suspect Windjammer is running the site these days. B))

I use to enjoy the expanded universe novels but now to me they seem like those fanasty paper backs that you see some greesy over weight nerd reading on the bus.

You ever see the people that read fanasty books on the public bus :lol:.

Hey!

I read fantasy novels. But not on a public bus. And I'm not really fat and greasy...

But I have seen the folks you speak of. But the idea that you ever thought reading a Star Wars novel was any cooler than reading fantasy is pretty funny, though. :p

Dude, Mara Jade's the bomb... I'd hate to be some dork reading about castles and swords, tho!

:lol:

I'm pretty partial to the Galactic Hunter forums. I don't really keep up with Star Wars much anymore but there's so many nice and cool people on those boards that I've gotten to know over the last 5 years. It's the only other forum I call 'home' besides this one.

http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

I'm 'czahr' over there, which was originally my name here, too. :)

Graham

Oh, great, magazine scans from 2 years ago, here's a cookie. I suspect Windjammer is running the site these days. B))

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're never going to get completely mature SW discussion because the films were made for kids.

DT, if you think you could do better, start your own site and stop letting your bitching come through in every post you make. Has there even been any Macross news worth updating the site with? :lol:

You're never going to get completely mature SW discussion because the films were made for kids.

DT, if you think you could do better, start your own site and stop letting your bitching come through in every post you make. Has there even been any Macross news worth updating the site with? :lol:

Macross Zero... Fan events... Mari Ijima and her concerts... Kawamori's latest projects...

Personally I'm fond of the forums at Original Trilogy.com. It's the only Star Wars forum I go too. My s/n's Klingon Jedi. Since it's focus is on the original version of the OT, the people there are a bit more understanding of fan preferences. I've seen people get chewed out and banned for saying something like, "I hate Rontos" on TF.N. On OT, if you back up your opinion, and respect that of others, you're fine. No need to fear pissing off the fan base.

We're not just anti-SE either. Several members enjoy the SE seperately, while others prefer it, but understand why others don't. It's not the most active out there, but it is a pretty friendly, laid back board. I think I've only seen one person ever get banned, and he was quite the trouble maker.

Original Trilogy forums

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

DT, if you think you could do better, start your own site and stop letting your bitching come through in every post you make. Has there even been any Macross news worth updating the site with?  :lol:

Macross Zero... Fan events... Mari Ijima and her concerts... Kawamori's latest projects...

Those two are the only worthy things to me. If Kawamori isn't working on Macross, then I don't really care what he's up to. Its like Back to the Future's website telling what EVERYONE is doing. It just is pointless. Ijima isn't Minmay anymore, so I could care less where her lukewarm career goes.

As for SW... Morpheus; do they allow discussion of the PT on those forums?

Hurin, you should just talk about SW here. You know and have a pretty good relationship with a lot of people. Has there been much immaturity on this board? I've just seen PT vs OT, but nothing too harsh.

As for SW... Morpheus; do they allow discussion of the PT on those forums?

Yep. It's a full SW discussion site. It just favors the original trilogy, that's all. It welcomes PT gushers and bashers a like, though there is a slight downplay on the PT. Then again, if you wanted a forum for just people who love the PT, there are plenty of those. Like I said, it's a pretty well rounded, lightly moderated forum. ;)

Heh.

I like kinda like TFN's forums for browsing. Rebelscum's I think are a good source. Much like I'm here for Macross Toys, I go there for Star Wars toys.