Pictures Macross Zero vol. 3

Yoshi

Wow, that is some pretty amazing stuff there...looks like Ep 3 is going to be action packed and it will show Destroids in battle...sounds pretty interesting....when is this show supposed to come out? I wonder how long it will take for the HK subbers to get this out on DVD through the usual suspects.

If there is any more info, please post it, this is pretty exciting stuff....I hope they do a good english subbed version pretty soon...I want to know the story!

Larry

Thanks Yoshi!

It looks like the 3rd episode is going to be more action packed than evar. How can you go wrong with Valkyrie head locks? Hahaha.....that must be Ric Flair piloting for the Anti-UN. B)

post-2-1064183495.jpg

Holy crap, those look awesome! Destroids....Gerwalk headlocks...VF-0's on an elevator (ok, that last one isn't exactly 'exciting' but it's still cool looking). And I liked this part...

Le prochain volume de la série d'OVA Macross Zero est prévu pour le 28 Novembre prochain

Mark your calenders, kids.

The owner of the anime specialty store in my area said that it'll be another two months for the 3rd part of Macross Zero, but I think more because it took him a while to acquire the second part. All that wait for half-assed subs and weird video quality! I hope the subs are damn good for part 3! Like one of my friends said a couple of days back, "Bootlegers aren't trying anymore." :angry:

Holy crap, those look awesome! Destroids....Gerwalk headlocks...VF-0's on an elevator (ok, that last one isn't exactly 'exciting' but it's still cool looking). And I liked this part...
Le prochain volume de la série d'OVA Macross Zero est prévu pour le 28 Novembre prochain

Mark your calenders, kids.

Done! :D

Man, I'm gettin' all restless now.

The UN valk looks to be a VF-0D...maybe it is Shin getting his ass handed to him once again...or maybe it is one of those other pilots that we saw flying a VF-0D in part 2 going to get mangled by D.D.

So, the day is November, 28th huh? I hope we will have the bootlegs by Christmas! Can someone do a blowup of those pictures? I see some nice ones to make 1024x768 wallpapers out of!

Larry T. :lol:

Because some of us don't want fansubs, even fansubs aren't really accurate. My Anime Junkies fansub of the part two of Macross Zero called Protoculture "Protocol" and Skull Squadron was called "Scar Platoon." And I forgot what else was screwed up, plus, it takes a while to download them from Kazaa or whatever, I wish I could still use SmartFTP or MIRC, but my PC has a Trojan in it right now. Plus, I don't have a burner to copy the file to a blank disk to make it permanent. Besides, high quality video takes up a lot of space on a hard drive. Besides, for me, I'd rather watch it on my 43" HDTV rather than a dinky 17" monitor attached to my piece of crap PC. I can put up with bad subs, besides, I'm starting to learn Japanese.

I don't get it... why are you all so dependant on bootleg DVDs?

Just download the digisubs. They're free, good quality, and the subs (usually) don't suck.

Most people probably want to watch it on their TV I suppose. I don't mind watching stuff on my computer.

I'd download but I'm still on crappy dial up. How long would it take to download an episode of Macross Zero on dial up? 24 hours?

cool pics. Thanks yoshi.

Just download the digisubs.  They're free, good quality, and the subs (usually) don't suck.

Please allow me to use this:

why do i remember you from the old forums?? (i think u changed ur name...)

Because some of us don't want fansubs, even fansubs aren't really accurate.  My Anime Junkies fansub of the part two of Macross Zero called Protoculture "Protocol" and Skull Squadron was called "Scar Platoon."

The one you mention is the reason I said that the subs USUALLY don't suck. The initial AJ release of episode 2 has been the one exception, LOL. There's a good reason why they managed to pump out that release the day after the DVD came out :lol:

In my experience, i've found that most fansub groups (again, AJ being the big exception) put out very good digisubs with excelent translations.

I can understand if your PC sucks, or if you're on dial-up... and yea, it's nice to be able to watch them on TV (though that's possible too, either by making an SVCD or with a video card with a s-video output).

DVDs of course, are an option too. I'm sure the video is a straight rip of the R2 disc, so the video has gotta be good. But of course the subs are gonna suck on the bootlegs. I mean... they're bootlegs! ^_^

Just download the digisubs.  They're free, good quality, and the subs (usually) don't suck.

Please allow me to use this:

LOL! thedarkmarine, by posting that pic, you're showing that you're the newbie here. Valkyrie's been on MW since day 1; and he's been following Macross since before most of us even knew what anime is. Anyways, not all of us are on broadband connections, so it can be pretty difficult downloading hundreds of megabytes worth of digisubs. Me, I have broadband, but I still want the DVD's. After all, I can't watch digisubs on my home theatre system. :rolleyes:

i jsut want to be able to see it. Since HG is preventing us from doing so legally.

Anyways I think Shin wil get owned and then later kick noraa's ass.

anyoin notice that bulbous thing under the VF-0?possibly a container?

Don't spread lies, HG isn't stopping Macross Zero. Not only have they said they'd be willing to help any Macross property get released over here, they're supporting the release of Macross 7 Trash.

Macross Zero is less than a year, don't assume that just because a North American release hasn't been announced it hasn't been discussed or won't be inthe future. Rumors were going around this summer that Bandai or Pioneer had the rights.

As for digisubs vs. bootlegs, aren't people forgetting that bootlegs are well, BOOTLEGS? As in you pay money for them and Shoji Kawamori/Big West doesn't see a dime. That's a pretty good reason not to buy them, I think.

Don't spread lies, HG isn't stopping Macross Zero. Not only have they said they'd be willing to help any Macross property get released over here, they're supporting the release of Macross 7 Trash.

HG is very much stopping the release of anything Macross in the states.

The exception being if the liscensing company pays royalties to HG in addition to Big West. That's what's happening with Macross 7 Trash. You call THAT support?

But I digress. That's a matter for the HG debate thread anyway.

And I've gotta agree with SuperOstrich, to a certain degree. A large number of the people who either download the digisubs or buy the bootlegs of a series, will not buy the domestic release of that series, should it ever become available. And I must admit, in most cases, I'm one of those people myself (though I'll be first in line to buy Yukikaze and Macross Zero, if it's liscensed).

But there's one difference between digisubs and bootlegs that's important to me. Buying bootlegs supports the companies making those bootlegs. At least with fansubs, noone's making a profit who doesn't deserve to make one.

HG is indeed impeding "all" Macross releases in the U.S. Sure they'll claim to "help" any release, be it for a hefty sum. They're trying to take a piece of a pie which they don't own. For more, see the HG licensing debate topic.

One more note though, You'll notice Tokyopop has removed all mention of licensing 7 Trash!

Second thing, I personally don't have a broadband modem, don't have a DVD burner, don't have software to encode files to MPEG-1 to make VCD's, and would much rather have a physical represnetation that I can easily use with my DVD player than a file which I'd have to spend multiple hours downloading just to hope I have the correct codec for it. And I do pick up all licensed releases of shows I pick up HK's for, unless of course it's a majorly botched release like the dub only Star Blazers.

I can understand if your PC sucks, or if you're on dial-up... and yea, it's nice to be able to watch them on TV (though that's possible too, either by making an SVCD or with a video card with a s-video output). 

< = s-video from PC to a big Sony 34" 16:9 HDTV. :) In fact, I'm using it as computer monitor as we speak... errr.... type. :D DSL with bittorrent helped with the d/l thing too. I still intend to buy (hopefully a good) bootleg set on DVD though once the series is complete (way too much money for such small content on dvd right now IMO). Well I'm hoping Bandai will lay the smack down on HG, but wouldn't mind if HG would play nice, kiss BW ass and become an undisputedly legit exporter of all things Macross, either.

Seriously. Looks cool. Man, Shin seems to stink as bad as Hikaru. At least he hasn't been losing the arms (if not the whole valk), tho. heh.

Edited by Uxi

well if I had a desent internet connection it would take about 6 hours to download it. That is if I could even get to the site. Right now I wouldnt even try it.

As for bootlegging as long as there's an official version that isnt over priced I'll get it. (Having to assemble a box set at $30 dollars a disk is over priced. Yes I bought the Macross set wen it came out but I'd rather of waited and stuck with the bootlegs I got for $50, even with the poorer picture quality and bad subs.) Until official versions are available though or I can find them for less I'll stick with the bootlegs.

Oh and incase anyone wonders I bought the Macross bootlegs after placing my order for the official ones. I got tired of waiting.