1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

Picture518.jpg

a look at the engine detail, i can't take too much credit for this, it's just a bunch of bit and parts of tank kits (hey if it was good enough for ILM...). part of this will get trimmed to accept whatever hinge i come up with.

mike

Edited by mslz22

Picture518.jpg

a look at the engine detail, i can't take too much credit for this, it's just a bunch of bit and parts of tank kits (hey if it was good enough for ILM...). part of this will get trimmed to accept whatever hinge i come up with.

mike

357426[/snapback]

Nice details, you deserve more credit than you think. Can't wait for this to be completed. Sign me up for 1.

Who's ILM??

Picture518.jpg

mike

357426[/snapback]

Nice details, you deserve more credit than you think. Can't wait for this to be completed. Sign me up for 1.

Who's ILM??

357492[/snapback]

Industrial Light and Magic.....they used tons of Tamiya tank parts (and others) when they built the models for the Original Star Wars movies....

Picture518.jpg

mike

357426[/snapback]

'cept you forgot the ubiquitous Harrier exhaust trunk.

Picture518.jpg

mike

357426[/snapback]

357507[/snapback]

Is that the part that wound up on the AT AT, Sandcrawler, and Slave 1 ?(among others i'm sure)

Picture518.jpg

mike

357426[/snapback]

357507[/snapback]

Is that the part that wound up on the AT AT, Sandcrawler, and Slave 1 ?(among others i'm sure)

357509[/snapback]

Yes, the guys at ILM seemed very fond of it. Along with tank and engine parts.

Ok, you can't see the panel lines in these pics but most of them are there. the Cannon will be cast in 13 parts, 3 cannon detail, 3 exaust (both of these not pictured), 2 forward halves, 2 back halves, mid section, forward little detail thing, and the clamp. the mid section (white in the pic) will be cast in translucent red, so if you want lights, just stick in an led, the forward detail part will also be cast in the translucent red, i'm trying to get any of the part that light up cast in that red...so here you go.....this assembly comes in at 14 inches!

Picture519.jpg

Picture520.jpg

Picture521.jpg

these are not final, but wanted to give everyone a peak...

mike

Looking good, Mike. 14" for the cannons is a fantastic size :)

Quick question re. the 4 howitzer/gun barrel thingies (sorry guys, duno what they're really called - I'm not a Macross fan, I just like the Monester  :o ) .... will they be arranged parallel to one another, or splayed somewhat like the old plastic model kit(s)?

358291[/snapback]

If you mean the 4 large cannons on the top of the monster, they will have a ball joint and you will be able to position them as you like. they will likely need to be glued in place, but you will be able to pick the way you would like it. If someone would like to, they may be able to come up with a way to leave them positionable, but it will need to be customized.

mike

Edited by mslz22

Looking good, Mike. 14" for the cannons is a fantastic size :)

Quick question re. the 4 howitzer/gun barrel thingies (sorry guys, duno what they're really called - I'm not a Macross fan, I just like the Monester  :o ) .... will they be arranged parallel to one another, or splayed somewhat like the old plastic model kit(s)?

358291[/snapback]

If you mean the 4 large cannons on the top of the monster, they will have a ball joint and you will be able to position them as you like. they will likely need to be glued in place, but you will be able to pick the way you would like it. If someone would like to, they may be able to come up with a way to leave them positionable, but it will need to be customized.

mike

358294[/snapback]

Bloody excellent

Thank you!!!

Ok, todays pics, the arm assembly, the part that attaches to the body (uppermost arm) has some blue tape around it to protect the detail from getting bogged up with primer, and yes that is part of a for sale sign you see on the uppermost arm :) . no real panel lines on these yet.

Picture522.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Picture524.jpg

Picture525.jpg

mike

It even looks good with your garage as a background setting. Excellent work.

Its a shame that I probably wont be able to get one over to the U.K as it will probably cost more to post than to buy. :(

It even looks good with your garage as a background setting. Excellent work.

Its a shame that I probably wont be able to get one over to the U.K as it will probably cost more to post than to buy. :(

358444[/snapback]

If my guess on the weight is correct, i think you are looking at about $40-$45.00 airmail to the UK, I ship a lot of stuff to the UK and it's not that bad, plus i am doing everything i can to keep the cost of the kit even better than what is quoted on the first page....more to come.

mike

1:72...so frellin' cool. The possibilities are starting to impact my brain. I've got the remains of a factory kit (well, half of one). Extend it and have the MKII getting some work done....

Yeah man! Postage to the U.K isn't that bad! If you like had to fuel up and arm the Monster, that'd be another story! I've purchased several mail order things and the cost is better than what I thought. If I didn't build in another scale, I'd buy one too! I already built one in 1/100th scale and it's huge! I'd say, "go for it!"

Kinky!    :p

Seriously though, any sort of ball park estimate on when you might be opening a sale thread?

359278[/snapback]

I've got a very busy 2 weeks ahead of me as far as other casting projects go, but i am working on the pattern every day/night...so i am hoping to finish the pattern to coincide with finishing up my other casting projects. I would say 3 weeks to a for sale thread, then i will likely be doing the instructions and my build as the first kits will be going out. I will only be taking money from a few people at a time, when your kit is in the "on deck circle" I will take $,...i do not want to take $ from 20 or 25 people all at once and have people at the end of the line with their money out there for 2 long. In short, once you pay you should have a kit in 2 weeks......

mike