1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

I cannot wait to get this one. It will look interesting to see my ARII 1/160 scale one sitting underneath it :D . You truely do some amazing work there. Question though, What will the barrels be made of? Turned aluminum?

• 2 weeks later...
First post here, so I don't expect anyone to take my question seriously (although it "is" deadly serious), but are orders still being taken for this? If so, "please" add me to the list. Shipping to Germany will probably cost a smallish fortune, but I'm a devoted Monster fetishist and absolutely must have this kit.

328352[/snapback]

Yep, still open to anyone who wants one, and if the weight is where i think it will be shipping will not be as bad as you may think.....

I am finishing up a big order and will be back to work by the weekend (keeps fingers crossed :D )

mike

First post here, so I don't expect anyone to take my question seriously (although it "is" deadly serious), but are orders still being taken for this? If so, "please" add me to the list. Shipping to Germany will probably cost a smallish fortune, but I'm a devoted Monster fetishist and absolutely must have this kit.

328352[/snapback]

:lol: You are not alone. I'm from Belgium, so that would make almost the same to ship :lol:

Great to here you're almost back on the Monster Mike. BTW, did I mention you are my hero :lol::D:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh i want to finish this soooo bad :) I just got a new house that needs about 2 weeks of remodel (me alone of course :( ) and after that i really, really want to get back to this.....My wife and i did not plan on buying a house this fall but when we got an offer on the house from the local university, we could not pass on it, all that started in Sept and really thru off my schedule for all my projects. I will do my best to get these finished and molded by New Year.....

thanks

mike

• 2 weeks later...
Oh i want to finish this soooo bad :)  I just got a new house that needs about 2 weeks of remodel (me alone of course :( ) and after that i really, really want to get back to this.....My wife and i did not plan on buying a house this fall but when we got an offer on the house from the local university, we could not pass on it, all that started in Sept and really thru off my schedule for all my projects. I will do my best to get these finished and molded by New Year.....

thanks

mike

Hey, can I ask you something?

I'm curious about the kind of planning you did for the build. Did you lay out the whole thing in orthographic plans before building or did you start with another model kit and scale/tweak measurements to fit the scale and your taste, or what? If you made plans, would you be willing to share them?

I'm working on a set of plans for my first scratchbuild now... It's tough going but it's interesting stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still here....in my new house and my new shop is just about up and running....I can't believe how hard moving is :( .....Anyway i have a few other casting projects that have become urgent for the Holiday rush, but i have been doing some final cleanups on the parts you can see in the thread...and some of those are ready to be molded :) ......

I feel for you Mike.

I moved in June and between soccer games and working weekends I am just now getting my model bench ready for action.

One good thing for me though is that this project is moving at the right pace for me and my wallet! :p:rolleyes:

Believe it or not there is not much more to do on the pattern...i am going to finish up the projects that are urgent for shipping before Xmas and get back on some late nights with the pattern....i am hoping to have the pattern done over the Xmas holiday week or very early Jan.

mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that i have not been slacking, i just don't have my digicam setup again after the move, i have completed the detail instert for the engine compartment and i am working on some hinge options. I think you will have 3 or 4 options on how to do the engine compartment/engine door.

1. always open, this will be easy

2. always closed, this will be easy.

3. able to display either way, due to the weight of the door if you want this option you will need to pick up some rare earth magnets. I could include them with the kit, but that would raise the price of the kit for everyone, and some people may not end up needing the magnets..so i think it is better to let people make that decision once they have the kit.

4. same as above, but with removable engine detail to hide battery pack for lights, this will require either velcro or more magnets, this is the way that i am going to build mine. i will have pics posted up on how to do all of these when the time comes....

thanks

mike