1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

one quick thing for size reference, (because i got a PM about it :D ) look more at the HCM than the yamato 1/60, also keep in mind this will be about 2 inches taller than it appears here with the bottom and the drive unit in place

thanks

mike

Not too much to show today, here is one part of the arm, the one that mounts to the inner cannon and the start of the big upper cannon. I threw the cannon mount and a few other parts into a small mold (stuff i need mutiples of), including the rear missle hatch, i will get pics of that up in the next few days

mike

Picture476.jpg

these cannon mounts will be part of the main body, i just need to get them glued and molded in. the cannon mount have a socket, and the cannon will connect with a balljoint so you can pose them. these back missle hatches will be cast seperate and there will be a detail part for the missle bay if you want to display it with the missle bay open. I've started on the drive unit and have started some of the panel lines on the more complete parts.

thanks

mike

Picture479.jpg

Picture480.jpg

Mike your freaking me out! i cannot wait to get this sucker. This will be the end all be all of macross kits from the look of it.

321364[/snapback]

Mike your my hero, I wanna be like mike

Not much of an update, but i thought this looked cool, the forward hollow part of the cannon will be this PVC or ABS tubing (i can't remember which this is) so it will not droop over time. they will be included of course. the 3 detail rings will be cast seperate, and will just slip over the tubing....

mike

Picture481.jpg

<--- Faints, hits floor, :blink:  :D

321518[/snapback]

Well just registerd for this forum.

Dont know how ive missed it all this time.

WOW WOW !!! is about all I can say makes the 200 scale look dinky.

Hell why not make a 1/1 scale one then I could sell the house and move into it.

Is there going to be any poseabilty in the arms/legs guns?

Yes, unlike the other 1/72 kit the legs will have a ball and socket set up so that the legs can pitch out in a V shape like much of the line art etc. the arms will be cast in 3 seperate parts so that you can position them the way that you would like. that being said, the kit will be kind of a "pick a pose" type of a deal, meaning that unless you want to customize it to have screws etc it will need to be glued in one pose for the most part.

Picture482.jpg

began work on the engine cover today...

thanks for all the encouraging remarks.

mike

Mike... it looks absolutely amazing. Gigantic! Oooooh it will be fun to put lots of greeblies on this puppy. One question... the arms look a little short relative to the body. However, I don't have any lineart, so I may just be talkin' out my arse like usual. Once again... great work! Could be the most anticipated kit this year!

One question... the arms look a little short relative to the body.

The arm cannons are not at full length yet, beyond the need for the back half, the front is going to have a "cap" that will be at least 1/4 (a little more actually) of an inch long, the "cap" will bring the 2 halfs of the cannon together as well as fill in the detail of the cannons. this allows me to keep the cannons hollow, once it is added i think the length should be just about right.

I've been sick with a cold again (started at the daycare, wife got it, kid got it, it was only a matter of time before i got it) so i've made only a little progress the last few days but should be up and running some more this weekend, in fact the wife and kid are going away with friends and i get free rein over my time this weekend :D , i think i can actually see the finish line from here.

mike

I've been sick with a cold again (started at the daycare, wife got it, kid got it, it was only a matter of time before i got it) so i've made only a little progress the last few days but should be up and running some more this weekend, in fact the wife and kid are going away with friends and i get free rein over my time this weekend :D , i think i can actually see the finish line from here.

mike

322881[/snapback]

Good, then that means the masters should be all done by Sunday evening, early Monday morning correct? That's great news!!! So, while everybody is sending you payment with PP, the molds should all be ready by Monday evening, then it's on to casting 28 kits by Wednesday night, pack & ship everything out on Thursday morning using a "Next Day Noon" courrier service, we should all have our kits in hand by Friday!!! WOOHOO!!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously Mike, take it easy, get some rest and recover properly... cause you'll need to get plenty of rest if you're to follow my "roadmap" to the letter, I figure if you stay awake and work on this 24/7 till next Thursday, it can be done NOOOOO problem!!!

"In the beginning, Mike created 1/72 Monster HWR-MkII... work, work, work... and on the seventh dayeth, Miketh restedeth"

So since it looks like you're not afraid of large modeling projects how bout next on the build list a Zentradi Recon Scout Bugeye?

It'd be big but not larger than the monster. The Imai kit is 1/720 so you'd just have to blow up the dimnsions 10x, you can borrow mine if you want :)

I know this is way preliminary but I thought I'd plant that seed in your mind while I thought of it.

Edited by Grayson72

Can i do the proof build for your kit mike? PLEASSSSEEEE! Look at my online name, comeon how can you resist :D . Ill pay early for a pre release kit if you want to work out bugs. Ill even keep it secret. oops :blink:

what I would really like to see is the Neusjudale-ger(sp) Zentral battle suit from DYRL in 1/72 or any male battle suit for that matter...

Whos making the DYRL meltran soldier in 1/72 scale..?

So since it looks like you're not afraid of large modeling projects how bout next on the build list a Zentradi Recon Scout Bugeye? 

It'd be big but not larger than the monster.  The Imai kit is 1/720 so you'd just have to blow up the dimnsions 10x, you can borrow mine if you want  :)

I know this is way preliminary but I thought I'd plant that seed in your mind while I thought of it.

323063[/snapback]

You may want to reconsider. The bugeye is a little bit bigger. The Monster is 41m long the Bugeye is 126m long.

Monster in 1/72 = 22.4"

Bugeye in 1/72 = 68.8"

Now, if you got that much space, it ought to go to a 1/350 Prometheus at 57.5". Or 1/200 to use the Nichimo kits, but it'll be 100.7" B))

We need a Macross museum, and be able to accept donations, and lotsa space for big projects. B))

Mslz22, that's coming along very nicely! B))

It'd be big but not larger than the monster.  The Imai kit is 1/720 so you'd just have to blow up the dimnsions 10x, you can borrow mine if you want  :)

323063[/snapback]

You may want to reconsider. The bugeye is a little bit bigger. The Monster is 41m long the Bugeye is 126m long.

Monster in 1/72 = 22.4"

Bugeye in 1/72 = 68.8"

Now, if you got that much space, it ought to go to a 1/350 Prometheus at 57.5". Or 1/200 to use the Nichimo kits, but it'll be 100.7" B))

We need a Macross museum, and be able to accept donations, and lotsa space for big projects. B))

Mslz22, that's coming along very nicely! B))

323111[/snapback]

Oh well my bad

I know the feeling. these kids get together with their running noses. daycare becomes virus central. ane us mamas and papas pay the price

I know, love my daughter, but when she gets around other kids it just turns into a germ factory :D

So not much as i am just getting back to working, here is a pic of the as of now empty engine compartment....started to add some of the detailing...

Picture484.jpgPicture485.jpg

Us mere mortals are in awe of your talents.

You should do a few how to become a model maker classes then we could all try and be as good as you.

Edited by big F

Oh i think Mike is way above my level. I can still learn a thing or two. :lol: I look at my stuff and i see the flaws. I look at stuff like mikes or WM Chengs and i am sometimes speechless, even when they pick out the flaws.