1/72 Resin Monster Model!

AlphaHX

I assume it will take some time until it's time to pay for this, especially when I'm almost the last one on the list? I just have to think now what other stuff I can order... <_< It might be hard to give any estimated time for this, but I believe it will not be that soon.

I assume it will take some time until it's time to pay for this, especially when I'm almost the last one on the list? I just have to think now what other stuff I can order... <_< It might be hard to give any estimated time for this, but I believe it will not be that soon.

364817[/snapback]

I am not sure that everyone will be able to pay all at once so anyones place in line is really dependent on when they can pay, some people that are first on the interest list may not be able to pay right away....

I've made a few more molds, and i've been detailing the main body a little bit at a time all week. the panel lines do not really show up with my crappy camera but i will try to get some pics up over the weekend. My goal right now is to have my kit cast up and start on the instructions in 2 weeks, crossing my fingers that my schedule will allow...

mike

Mike if the casting on this is as good as your X-wing i will be very pleased. I would like to add that this X went together smoothly. I had NO warp in my fuselage sections. 1 Question though. What kind of Mold Release Agent do you use? i have used dawn, formula 409 and even cillit BANG and the stuff wont come off. The paint keeps lifting off the resin. any help would be great

Mike if the casting on this is as good as your X-wing i will be very pleased. I would like to add that this X went together smoothly. I had NO warp in my fuselage sections.  1 Question though. What kind of Mold Release Agent do you use? i have used dawn, formula 409 and even cillit BANG and the stuff wont come off. The paint keeps lifting off the resin. any help would be great

364841[/snapback]

I don't use any mold release, just baby powder....i would suspect that it may be a problem with either one of the things that you tried to clean it with, the type of primer that you used, type of paint, or the tape. if you go into more detail i may be able to help you more.....

mike

I think it was the primer not wanting to adhere to the resin itself because i always use a very low tac tape. It isnt doing it all over just in annoying places. im going to let the paint cure for another full 24 hours before i try again. maybe it just hasnt set yet since its so cold here.

I think it was the primer not wanting to adhere to the resin itself because i always use a very low tac tape. It isnt doing it all over  just in annoying places. im going to let the paint cure for another full 24 hours before i try again. maybe it just hasnt set yet since its so cold here.

364860[/snapback]

Have you tried a self etching primer? It's usually found at most auto parts retailers.

• 2 weeks later...

Like the pics above, alot of the little adjustments and the panel lines are just not showing up on my camera so there is just not a lot new to see right now, once i have cast parts i think the panel lines and details will show up much better, i can even do a light wash on some primered parts to make them show up, also once i get the remaining leg parts molded and cast i can start building up from the feet and give everyone a better idea of the size etc.....

mike

If the decals for this are the usual quality devin puts out then noone will be disappointed. I got a set off of him a coulpe months back for my 1/48 UD strike valk. the sheet was so comprehensive i am still putting them on.

Devins by a long mile. They are crisp and clear and all the colors are in register.

367118[/snapback]

So....were can one order one of these decal sheets?

Yes, back to our regular scheduled program :)  I am pouring some more molds today...well right now i am drinking a mug rootbeer, but when i am done with it i will be finishing up pouring molds for some more cannon parts and the cockpit.

mike

367401[/snapback]

So if your molds end up a brownish colour, with some fizzing bubbles and a sweet root smell, you'll know why! :rolleyes:

Ahhh...  :D  Not exactly a macro-pic though. :p

368431[/snapback]

Alright..alright....with parts in the molds and only 2 hands this is the best "macro" shot i can get..yes it's blurry, and the parts are only sloppily held together but you can get a better idea of the size........

mike

Picture556.jpg