NEW Trailer just released for The Legend Of Zelda.

UN Spacy

:o i so want to get this game, i know alot of people seem to complain about windwaker because of the graphics but i absolutly loved the game, i so want this game.

chris

Believe it or not, i never ever played a single Zelda game. :p

Do all the games have some sort of continuity with each other or are they all standalone? Does it still have to do with that 3 triangle things whatever they were called?

they no longer seem to have any real continuity anymore (maybe alittle) so you can play the new one with out feeling lost because you have not played the older ones, the triforces still play a part in the games but you do not always have to collect them.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

from Magic Box

- Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo, said that the development of Legend of Zelda for GameCube is already completed, the game is scheduled for a year end release in Japan. He also commented that the Nintnedo DS version of Zelda would be similar to Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords.

it is already completed ? but the japanese version will come out at the end of the year? why such a huge delay?

chris

Actually... if you read ALL of the main Zelda storylines, ie, the ones involving Zelda, I think they do connect somehow, even Windwaker.. they have a lot of similarities, and I think the games weren't written in order. For instance, I think that Ocarina of Time is actually a prequel to one of the original NES Zelda games, but I'm not sure which one... and I could be wrong. But they do have connections.

it is already completed ? but the japanese version will come out at the end of the year? why such a huge delay?

chris

Just because the main development cycle is over, it doesn't mean the game is finished. You have to do bug testing, the music, record the dialogue, etc. You also have to plan the game's release so that it's close to the holidays when it would likely sell much much more. Even for Zelda, if you release it in mid-June, it's not going to be as profitable as if you do it in November or December.

HOLY COW ON A STICK!

*hugs his cube*

(just watched it, it was loading while I typed the last comment)

You know, a lot of that trailer looks like it's from the same storyline as Ocarina of Time, simply from the areas and characters. Hyrule Field looks like it's back, and a lot of those enemies look familiar. The graveyard's in there, albeit more creepy, and it even looks like the area under the well is in there too... *shudders* uggghhh...that place was nasty, even with N64 graphics.

HOLY COW ON A STICK!

*hugs his cube*

(just watched it, it was loading while I typed the last comment)

You know, a lot of that trailer looks like it's from the same storyline as Ocarina of Time, simply from the areas and characters. Hyrule Field looks like it's back, and a lot of those enemies look familiar. The graveyard's in there, albeit more creepy, and it even looks like the area under the well is in there too... *shudders* uggghhh...that place was nasty, even with N64 graphics.

Actually, it looks to me like they took out all the crap that made me hate Ocarina (Hyrule town, Lon Lon ranch, stupid dialogue, Kokiri, etc) and finally made a 3D Zelda that captures the spirit of the original NES Zelda.

I can't remember where I read the article yesterday, if I find it I will post a link, but Nintendo is doing a special offer, if you put down a ten dollar deposit on the new zelda game you will get a free disk that is the entire Windwaker game with the new upgraded cool looking Link in place of cartoony Link. Kinda neat special offer I think.

- Edit Well wait a minute, I just got PwnxxoredBBQ by the EGM April fools joke for 2005 I think. Oh well :p It seemed so plausible, oh well, color me naive ;p

Edited by Ghadrack

I can't remember where I read the article yesterday, if I find it I will post a link, but Nintendo is doing a special offer, if you put down a ten dollar deposit on the new zelda game you will get a free disk that is the entire Windwaker game with the new upgraded cool looking Link in place of cartoony Link. Kinda neat special offer I think.

- Edit Well wait a minute, I just got PwnxxoredBBQ by the EGM April fools joke for 2005 I think. Oh well :p It seemed so plausible, oh well, color me naive ;p

That you did. Apparently, with it's believable screenshot, it generated enough buzz to get a lot of people asking about it at work (I work for Gamestop). Corporate sent us an e-mail yesterday confirming that it's not true.

You know, I bought the damn N64 only because of Zelda, and now I'm going to have to buy a GC, again only for Zelda. Damn you Zelda!!!!!!

You don't have Wind Waker (or Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, etc) already?

WOW!! Do you guys think it would be worth it to get a game cube just for this?

For 99 bucks, I would say yes.

Yeah I think I am going to do it. Nintendo never makes anything suck that has the name Zelda on it. They are protective of that brand.

Agent One i recomened getting it as well, if you do buy it pick up wind waker that should tide you over for alittle while until the new one comes out, you can find the game real cheap now. even with the cartoonish graphics the game is still a masterpeice.

chris

A1, you could probably buy both the cube and the wind waker used for 90 bones @ Eb or its equivalent if you don't need the new game/system smell. I noticed that my local games stores seem to be flush with both since I guess a lot of 'cube owners jumped ship to xbox or ps2.

WOW!! Do you guys think it would be worth it to get a game cube just for this?

For 99 bucks, I would say yes.

Am I the only one that's going to dissent? Granted, I didn't like any of the 3D Zeldas (only the 2D... 2D Zelda rocks... call me old school)... or the 3D Marios. I bought a Cube when it first came out because of Perfect Dark Zero (which eventually moved to Xbox, now to Xbox Next). In all that time, I think I've played through... um... Super Smash Bros. Melee and Megaman Network Transmission. Started Metroid Prime, but never finished it, and I have no interest in the sequel. As for Resident Evil 4, which everyone says is amazing, it's coming out for the PS2... I'll just wait for that one. The only thing that's holding me back from selling the Cube is that it's pretty much worthless.

I don't know what consoles you do have, Agent, but look at it this way.

God of War (PS2): $50.

Doom III (Xbox): $50.

Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition: $50 (It's on sale at Gamestop).

Zelda + Gamecube to play it on + Memory Card to save it: $170.

You could justify that you're paying $120 more to play Zelda by telling yourself you'll play other Cube games, but there's a ton of other great games coming for the other systems. And aside from Zelda, all the Cube's getting from now until the Revolution is a handful of 1st party games. Yeah, Nintendo makes good games... but I'm through wasting money to buy an extra crappy console to play them. I wish Nintendo would just pull a Sega already...

G A M E C U B E

- Satoru Iwata revealed details of Revolution at GDC. The Revolution will be powered by a processor from IBM called Broadway, and a graphic processor from ATI called Hollywood. Nintendo intends to make Revolution the new capital of interactive entertainment.

- Revolution will be backward compatible with GameCube, and have built-in Wi-Fi support, enable users to connect to the Internet wirelessly as well as communicating with Nintendo DS. Nintendo also plans to expand 3rd party supports for Revolution

Even me I prefer Zelda 2D`s BTW did any got Zelda-The Minish Cap for GBA ?

Minish Cap is a decent game, but it's not the best Zelda out there. It's certainly the prettiest 2D Zelda, and well worth gettting, though. It's just that it's too easy, too short, and it doesn't have the feel of all the previous Zelda's of being one huge world you can wander around and explore. Instead they block you off from different sections of the map until it's time to go to that section, and then later they block you from going to a couple of places you could visit before. LKind of annoying.

As for 2D versus 3D, well that's simply a matter of opinion when it comes to graphics, because the thing about the 3D Zelda games is that they play a lot like the 2D games (wich can be disconcerting at first).