Happy Chinese New Year!

BoBe-Patt

Wow, I'm surprised nobody has started a topic on this yet. Well Happy Chinese new year to you all and may your new year bring you happiness, good health, prosperous, and more macross items!!! ;):p:D:lol:

oh yeah, forgot to put:

Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

Sun Nien Fai Lok!!

Chung Mung Giang Sinh!!

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Chung Mung Giang Sinh!!

Chuc Mung Nam Moi maybe?

Anyway, happy new year to you all, wish everyone health and prosperity, may everything go the way you want it...

And if anyone wants to send me some red envelopes stuffed with cash, just PM me and I'll give you the address. Macross toys also accepted!

Chung Mung Giang Sinh!!

Well, Happy Christmas to you too.

Oh, wait, you made a mistake. :-P

It's Chuc Mung Nam Moi, or Cung Hi Phat Tai, which is the Viet Namese pronunciation of the Chinese greetings.

And I would love it if people started to refer to it as Lunar New Year instead of Chinese, as almost all Asian countries celebrate it and not just China, each with distinct cultural traits.

And the Chinese food line was first said, as I recall, by Matthew Perry's character Chandler Bing on Friends, Season 1, episode 23, where Joey encouraged Ross to "forget about Rachel, go to China, eat Chinese food," at which point Chandler says "of course, over there they just call it food."

Chung Mung Giang Sinh!!

Well, Happy Christmas to you too.

Oh, wait, you made a mistake. :-P

It's Chuc Mung Nam Moi, or Cung Hi Phat Tai, which is the Viet Namese pronunciation of the Chinese greetings.

And I would love it if people started to refer to it as Lunar New Year instead of Chinese, as almost all Asian countries celebrate it and not just China, each with distinct cultural traits.

And the Chinese food line was first said, as I recall, by Matthew Perry's character Chandler Bing on Friends, Season 1, episode 23, where Joey encouraged Ross to "forget about Rachel, go to China, eat Chinese food," at which point Chandler says "of course, over there they just call it food."

that's what I thought too, but apparently they say it with giang sinh. I say it with Nam Moi in my family, but I guess it's giang sinh for general use. ;):p:D:lol: