NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Nice.  Official pic, or your own toy?

It's a pic from Toymani booth at a recent toy convention.

I sure hope the final version is a little darker. I think it is darker and looks lighter due to the flash.

Edited by SDFcommander

Careful, he's quoting the Gamestop preorder dates and in an earlier post he steadfastly held onto the October dates Gamestop quoted no matter how many times people said Toynami had delayed the Alpha's til next year, eventually requiring an official HG rep to set him straight....

Cyc

what cyc said, that kid doesn't learn.

That is why I put in the disclaimer that the info was subject to change... :p

Careful, he's quoting the Gamestop preorder dates and in an earlier post he steadfastly held onto the October dates Gamestop quoted no matter how many times people said Toynami had delayed the Alpha's til next year, eventually requiring an official HG rep to set him straight....

Cyc

Kevin said it was delayed until March 2004 in his forums...

March 2004? Wow, that's a pretty long delay... Considering the pre-production sample at ComicCon looked pretty well finished, I wonder what they are doing to the thing to have to delay it for so much longer?

March 2004? Wow, that's a pretty long delay... Considering the pre-production sample at ComicCon looked pretty well finished, I wonder what they are doing to the thing to have to delay it for so much longer?

Hey guys, I got a Question about the Alpha Fighter SP stealth that is available thru toyfare or wizarduniverse web page.

They said the item would be available by January and start shipping then, but now I've found on Ebay that Wizard universe is selling them right now.

How can they be selling it right now thru ebay earlier?

Their Webpage: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wizarduniverse...e/tfrobssf.html

Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...obotech+stealth

23_1.JPG

Edit: forgot to add, on ebay they said they are shipping it right now.

Edited by Ladic

It could be that someone acutally bought it through RT.com or at the actual convention and is selling it/them on Ebay.

but it's the same people selling, wizard universe.

And RObotech.com doesn't sell that version, neither was it available at conventions, it's exclusive from wizard.

Edited by Ladic

Here is another pic of the YF-1R.

It's pink...

For some reason it reminds me of prune juice!

Graham

It looks like SDFcommander's flash is causing the color to turn out a little different. Otherwise the color is floating somewhere between a dark purple or a dark brown (I guess that would be kind of like prune juice! :D ).

Hey guys, I got a Question about the Alpha Fighter SP stealth that is available thru toyfare or wizarduniverse web page.

They said the item would be available by January and start shipping then, but now I've found on Ebay that Wizard universe is selling them right now.

I got mine throw Wizard Universe. It came this week.

It looks like SDFcommander's flash is causing the color to turn out a little different. Otherwise the color is floating somewhere between a dark purple or a dark brown (I guess that would be kind of like prune juice! :D ).

I guess "mauve" would be the technically correct term.

I notice the swing bars on that one are painted and not chrome. Is that standard for their pre-production samples?

I got mine throw Wizard Universe. It came this week.

wow, that's cool, I hope I get mine soon too then. :D

Cyc

Kevin said it was delayed until March 2004 in his forums...

So that might just knock them out of the first half of 2004... :p

Baaahhh!!!!

Popped in here to see what has developed in MPC-land after many moons away from the forum.

Hmmphh! Pushed back release dates?!?!? Same 'ol, same 'ol.....like expecting nascent musculature, facial hair & a deepened voice from a castrated choir boy! :angry:

The length of time MWer's have been waiting for these things to final be released, you all could have mastered the build skills it took to make the transformable VF2SS and practice WMCheng's paint tutorials. You could order Imai repros or scratch'em from resin,styrene, etc. and build perfect grade Legioss & Cyclones

yourselves. <_<

Hoping to move into a new house by January where I'll have my own workshop finally and maybe start the 9 page kit mods I've plotted out for the 3 Imai kits I've got.

Enough waiting.

Sorry to rant on everyones parade.

Vesp

Well, some of you have probably seen this image, but I heard calls for a fighter mode, so I figured I would post this.

It isn't focused too well, and it doesn't appear transformable. It looks like it uses the same components as the battroid, just all cast together in resin...

If it is accurate, I'll be happy.

post-26-1067760128_thumb.jpg

I just came back from RVD's 5-Star Comics (owned by "The Whole F'n Show" himself, Rob Van Dam) at the Lakewood Mall. The store actually has the Rick and Miriya MPC armor for $29.99 each. But here's something you won't believe: the store has the Rick VF-1J on display for a sticker price of $249.99.

Rob sure knows comics, but I'd probably have to teach him a thing or two about Robotech merchandise.

Ouch. You're right, that IS unbelievable.

Even more crazy is the local comic shop up here has an in-box Bandai Strike Valkyrie for $200. Right next to that, they have an open Jetfire with part armour for $200 and an in-box Jetfire for $500.

I can honestly say that that's the first time I've seen the Strike go for less than the Jetfire :)

Crazy. For a moment, thought you said they had the MPCs for $29.99... I was gonna say "shoot, can't beat that." Not a bad price for the armor. I wonder if Toynami knows how many of those things could sell if they were 40 bucks? I wonder if they've even explored the possibility of making a "Consumption Edition" without the fancy box and maybe with a little less detail or quality... :o:blink: Well what about without the box? B))

I wonder if they've even explored the possibility of making a "Consumption Edition" without the fancy box and maybe with a little less detail or quality...  :o:blink:  Well what about without the box?    B))

That a good idea. What do most do with the box anyway but display it or put it away. Personaly mine are in the garage out of sight.

the store has the Rick VF-1J on display for a sticker price of $249.99.

Ouch! I though that $79.99 was too much at the time. I did see an ebay auction for a MPC gor for $150 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=36568

Edited by Mechafan

I wonder if they've even explored the possibility of making a "Consumption Edition" without the fancy box and maybe with a little less detail or quality...  :o:blink:  Well what about without the box?    B))

That a good idea. What do most do with the box anyway but display it or put it away. Personaly mine are in the garage out of sight.

the store has the Rick VF-1J on display for a sticker price of $249.99.

Ouch! I though that $79.99 was too much at the time. I did see an ebay auction for a MPC gor for $150 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=36568

Damn some people are dumb.

Or very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, misinformed.

Ouch. You're right, that IS unbelievable.

Even more crazy is the local comic shop up here has an in-box Bandai Strike Valkyrie for $200. Right next to that, they have an open Jetfire with part armour for $200 and an in-box Jetfire for $500.

I can honestly say that that's the first time I've seen the Strike go for less than the Jetfire :)

while that is outragous I think Jetfires prices are inflating because there is no chance of a VF-1 being rereleased under hasbro with jetfire colors.

I just came back from RVD's 5-Star Comics (owned by "The Whole F'n Show" himself, Rob Van Dam) at the Lakewood Mall. The store actually has the Rick and Miriya MPC armor for $29.99 each. But here's something you won't believe: the store has the Rick VF-1J on display for a sticker price of $249.99.

Rob sure knows comics, but I'd probably have to teach him a thing or two about Robotech merchandise.

Wow... you were there? That's around the corner from me. I saw that MPC too. Shocking - too say the least. I guess Lil' Rob gave you the whole spiel about how Big Rob owns the place,,,

while that is outragous I think Jetfires prices are inflating because there is no chance of a VF-1 being rereleased under hasbro with jetfire colors.

Probably not, but you gotta admit an Alternators Jetfire based of the 1/48 Hikaru Super VF-1J has a certain appeal to it. :)

Edited by Uxi

Probably not, but you gotta admit an Alternators Jetfire based of the 1/48 Hikaru Super VF-1J has a certain appeal to it. :)

Yeah I think Yamato should make a special edition JF valk. For many of us he was our 1st valk, and holds a special place in our hearts. With our luck though Toynami will cut a deal with hasbro and takara and make it so the MPC is the new JF <_<