NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Just what the fish is the toynami guys thinking???? :angry::angry::angry: keeps delaying and delaying crazy man this is.. i think we will have to wait a hundred years before we can see anything, sighs.... i think i rather get the galkken instead at least it's real.

No need to get down, the first shippment will be in soon ;) (well thats if you pre-ordered with a place that ordered a lot, heheh)

I think they are making tweaks to the Alpha for the second release and they have to produce and ship all them state side...I know Nov and Dec is kinda late, but if it means a combining Alpha+Beta, it would be worth it right?

:)

Just what the fish is the toynami guys thinking???? :angry:  :angry:  :angry: keeps delaying and delaying crazy man this is.. i think we will have to wait a hundred years before we can see anything, sighs.... i think i rather get the galkken instead at least it's real.

No need to get down, the first shippment will be in soon ;) (well thats if you pre-ordered with a place that ordered a lot, heheh)

I think they are making tweaks to the Alpha for the second release and they have to produce and ship all them state side...I know Nov and Dec is kinda late, but if it means a combining Alpha+Beta, it would be worth it right?

:)

I was told by Toynami in my email response that the Alphas shipping next week are exactly the same as the ones that will ship later in the year... The only change from next weeks release to the later release is the blister packaging for the toy... no change to the toy itself.

I'm a bit concerned about those stickers. They look kinda "Yamatoish". Maybe we can get Anazasi to made some decent ones for the MPC's :rolleyes:

I second that notion. Anazasi or Takatoys stickers or decals would be THE thing to use; not only are they of superior quality, but you also get to keep the originals intact.

Oooh, is that the new Shadow Alpha I see there???

-no, I don't think it is. Anyone have any clue what this could be?

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=200...ize=800&start=0

read this thread for your answer:

Not the black alpha

I asked about the Shadow... And they said that they ARE going to retool some of the parts to make it more accurate... I didn't get too much elaboration, but they said that they are going to make it right.

why it has claws instead of hands?

and how does it handle the gun pod with them?

Or does it has just one claw?

Question one, could not find an answer. Maybe Cyc knows.

Question two, it can hold the handle or the top of gun to fire from shoulder.

Question three, it has two claw hands.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/darkafc.htm

Edited by Mechafan

Possible theories of why claws is to conduct energy from the mecha to the gunpod ala the energy plugs of Gundams. IMO just to give them a darker almost evil look is probably closer.

I was hoping the silhouette shown at the con wasn't the real deal, but it looks like Toynami will follow the same idea as the Superposable Shadow Fighter, aka mold new torso, different intake vents, and provide claws... but will use the stock Alpha shoulders instead of the real deal. Close... but no quite yet again.

Cyc

I was hoping the silhouette shown at the con wasn't the real deal, but it looks like Toynami will follow the same idea as the Superposable Shadow Fighter, aka mold new torso, different intake vents, and provide claws... but will use the stock Alpha shoulders instead of the real deal. Close... but no quite yet again.

Cyc

I don't begrudge them the standard shoulders, as I don't think the "real" shadow shoulder design would work with the transformation. ...At least, not without painful disfigurement of the intake sections. Or maybe just uglifying fighter mode a bit.

How much you wanna bet they completely miss that the canopy is shaped differently on the shadow? (For that matter, how does that thing open? I don't see a convenient seam.) Which is too bad, cause it's a nifty streamlined look compared to the classic canopy-break.

edit: not sure how that canopy is supposed to open, but if they do modify it to look accurate there, I imagine they could easily make the entirety of the canopy hinge open, rather than having any break.

post-26-1090908227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Californium

hmmm.... maybe the claws were made because they saw how effective the invid shock troopers were handling thier claws. I guess you can say they were fighting fire with fire by using that design. Just a guess... :p:D:lol:

I think this is the way canopy seams are suppose to be...

But if it's that way the canopy might have to slide back (that might look cool) or slide and then hinge, because the angle of the break would keep it from just hinging up and open.

Unless they just straighten that seam/break out a bit.

I don't suppose there's any animation or sketches of this thing opening?

Anyhow, I'd bet it's a moot point cause Toynami will give the shadow a regular canopy. Which isn't great but not a big deal either.

Now it gets clearer the claw thing. Thanks everybody. I just need to understand my toys to better play with them :p
Just spoke with Toynami: MPC Blue Alpha Release date 8/3/04..... 

-Kevin

Finally! Is that the date you'll be getting them?

Yes, I will pick up on that day...I won't get them out until the next day though...

I always assumed the claws, lack of VTOL vent and other changes were largely a way of simplifying the design to streamline production as well as simplifying the training that pilots would have to undergo. All so they could shorten pilot training time and speed Legioss production up quite a bit. Not sure how much sense that makes though.

I like the idea that maybe they were trying to toughen the things up for close combat, though finding better ranged weapons so that close combat could be avoided would be a priority for me. :)

How much did the invasion fleets know about the Inbit? Did much recon ever make it back to Mars Base? Or were they always starting from scratch with little or no knowledge about what wiped out the previous fleet?

They knew enough to develop stealth systems (which admittedly makes sense no matter what foe) and the syncro-cannons (both portable and large), so some got back thanks to those non-fighting video camera babes :)

And from loss of the First Recapture Wave they tried to fix the Legioss's faults in re-entry via the creation of the Tread.

Cyc