NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

i am glad to hear about the posibility of the Tread being released.so these are coming out this month? i am problly going to pick one of these up then.

The 12th is the departure for the shipment to leave china to toynami. Not Toynami to the distributors/customers. So I'm saying there WILL BE a longer wait.

Sorry Eriku. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's straight from the horse's mouth.

I know, but even knowing when they leave China is good enough for me. Up until now all we've had for dates are vague timelines that kept getting pushed back. B))

I'm really glad they didn't pack it in bot mode this time. Looks good.

yea i to just preordered mine, looks like toynami may do one right this time.

Based on the photo of Legioss in plane mode. It appears that it might not be small as it was stated in previous post. The box is approx. 12 inches tall (I am gussing). And the plane appears to take at least 10 inches of space.

When transformed, it might actually be little taller than posable figure. I just hope that it is 8 or 9 inches tall at least. If someone can confirm exactly how tall the legioss is compare to, lets say 1/55 Toynami VF-1 series, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Do we know the box is the same size as the VF-1 MPC?

How big is the Alpha you guys that handled it? Compare to a superposable or a 1/60 Yammie VF-1 for those us us without Gakken Alphas please.

and in robot mode:

There's some paint flaking on the intakes, so those are undoubtedly metal.

Looking at the rest of that pic, some of the parts seem a bit glossy and the edges bulge a bit near the seams. (classic signs of die-cast) I'd say the upper legs and lower torso are also metal. Probably the lower legs as well.

I can't see anything else that looks like metal to me; besides the screws and maybe the shoulder and knee joints.

Looks great now. I'm impressed. Though, as nicely as they hid some of those Imai joints, with the reduction to 1/55th scale those joints must be very small now. I suspect this thing will be a bit delicate. Especially around the wings.

Not long now.

Based on the photo of Legioss in plane mode. It appears that it might not be small as it was stated in previous post. The box is approx. 12 inches tall (I am gussing). And the plane appears to take at least 10 inches of space.

When transformed, it might actually be little taller than posable figure. I just hope that it is 8 or 9 inches tall at least. If someone can confirm exactly how tall the legioss is compare to, lets say 1/55 Toynami VF-1 series, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

It's very close to the size of the superposeable and the 1/60 VFs. I doubt that the battroid would reach 8, I'd say it's closer to 6.5 inches. The books seem to be the same size as the MPC VF-1s. I can't guarantee it though.

(Post with the Richard Simmons pic deleted by me as it has absolutely nothing to do with meaningful discussion about the MPC!)

Staying on topic, I didn't realise how big the feet looked in fighter mode until I saw that top view pic. Oh well, I guess I can live with it. I'll just have to not look at the fighter mode from that angle too much.

I'm still curious as to whether the gunpod can be attached to either wing. Anybody ask this?

Graham

I like it. By the way for some reason Mospeada superposeables popped up here in Brisbane.

Nice packaging. Same toys. Here's to Cyclone Poseables. ;)

Mospeada (not Robotech) Superposeables have also been popping up in Toys R Us, Jusco Department stores and the UML chain of model/toy shops here in HK recently. I've also seen VF-1 MPCs in HK Toys R Us as well.

I guess Toynami is really trying to push sales outside of the US.

Graham

(Post with the Richard Simmons pic deleted by me as it has absolutely nothing to do with meaningful discussion about the MPC!)

Staying on topic, I didn't realise how big the feet looked in fighter mode until I saw that top view pic. Oh well, I guess I can live with it. I'll just have to not look at the fighter mode from that angle too much.

I'm still curious as to whether the gunpod can be attached to either wing. Anybody askk this?

Graham

nope, didn't ask about the gun storage, sorry.

sorry about my reply in regards to richard simmons post.... :(

I'm still curious as to whether the gunpod can be attached to either wing. Anybody ask this?

Graham

Well, I did ask that question to the guy that won that alpha at the Robotech panel while he was flipping through the instruction book. I got no reponse as he was more immersed in trying to figure out how to transform the thing. Yeah, EXO was trying to transform the thing but had some trouble doing so as everything was pretty much a tight fit. He didn't want to force anything so he gave it back to the guy who won it. :p:D:lol:

Sorry to get away from the Alpha..but since HG has the rights to DYRL toys, any chance of them makeing a new set of armor (STRIKE), or some strike cannon parts to use on the current armor sets?

I also wouldn't mind a GBP set of armor either.

I believe the gun does attach to either wing.  too bad it doesn't have the missile rack inbetween the shoulders.

Well, according to the anime, there is not a missle rack in the middle.

See this link; AFC-01H Legioss Armo-Fighter Officer Model (Stick Type)

Alright, first picture showing the back end of the toy in fighter mode. Not to carp too much on Toynami's MPC Alpha (both the 1/35 Gakken Legioss and, to a greater extent, Imai's 1/48 kit are guilty of this too) but those legs and feet stick out like sore thumbs in fighter mode.

Hey mechaninac, it's quite possible that the back end(legs - feet) were mistransformered. Well, here's to hoping.

Edited by Wheels

I believe the gun does attach to either wing.  too bad it doesn't have the missile rack inbetween the shoulders.

Well, according to the anime, there is not a missle rack in the middle.

See this link; AFC-01H Legioss Armo-Fighter Officer Model (Stick Type)

Alright, first picture showing the back end of the toy in fighter mode. Not to carp too much on Toynami's MPC Alpha (both the 1/35 Gakken Legioss and, to a greater extent, Imai's 1/48 kit are guilty of this too) but those legs and feet stick out like sore thumbs in fighter mode.

Hey mechaninac, it's quite possible that the back end(legs - feet) were mistransformered. Well, here's to hoping.

It never appeared in the anime but it was in the model sheets and on the Imai kits.

I've also seen the Artmic lineart for it. I mentioned it on this thread somewhere before... it's canon.

Ah, I see. I was not aware of that.

It never appeared in the anime but it was in the model sheets and on the Imai kits.

I've seen those, but was unaware of it being canon. Looks to me that Toynami is just concerned of actually being anime correct and not canon.

Purhaps that's what might be the difference hinted at between the first 3000 and the the ones after?

I've also seen the Artmic lineart for it.  I mentioned it on this thread somewhere before...  it's canon.

I've seen those, but was unaware of it being canon. Looks to me that Toynami is just concerned of actually being anime correct and not canon.

Purhaps that's what might be the difference hinted at between the first 3000 and the the ones after?

Where did you guys get the #3000? I was aware of that number but I never said anything?

Actually saw the lineart from an folder that an HG employee showed me. But it was Artmic material from the signatures from the drawings themselves...

I've also seen the Artmic lineart for it.  I mentioned it on this thread somewhere before...  it's canon.

Where did you guys get the #3000? I was aware of that number but I never said anything?

Actually saw the lineart from an folder that an HG employee showed me. But it was Artmic material from the signatures from the drawings themselves...

Rumours. :D:lol:

Well, does anybody know what the big brouhaha is about the differences hinted at between the first releases and the later releases?

I'm now thinking that it might be the middle missle rack, and the gun attached in the middle. If it is, then I'd be interested in getting this "variation", assuming what I get either/or from my pre-order.

and in robot mode:

There's some paint flaking on the intakes, so those are undoubtedly metal.

Looking at the rest of that pic, some of the parts seem a bit glossy and the edges bulge a bit near the seams. (classic signs of die-cast) I'd say the upper legs and lower torso are also metal. Probably the lower legs as well.

I can't see anything else that looks like metal to me; besides the screws and maybe the shoulder and knee joints.

Looks great now. I'm impressed. Though, as nicely as they hid some of those Imai joints, with the reduction to 1/55th scale those joints must be very small now. I suspect this thing will be a bit delicate. Especially around the wings.

Not long now.

Yeah, the potentially weak/delicate joints are a concern of mine, too. I had a chance to handle a sample at the Toynami booth at Anime Expo, and while the fighter mode seemed to lock up pretty tight, the robot mode had some joints that, due to their extremely small sizes, seemed to be easily breakable: the neck joint, the wrists, the fingers, the shoulder (where the arms swing back to transform to fighter). The rest of it seemed pretty tight, though I wonder how well the knee and arm joints will handle repeated transformations. I miss ratcheted joints.

I hope you're right, but the picture shows the toy in fighter mode, inside the box, secured in its vac-formed plastic cradle. If the toy was mis-transformed, it probably wouldn't fit in there properly...time will tell. :unsure:

Does anyone know how many Toynami will be making of these? sorry i haven't read the entire tread.. :unsure:

15K units for each of the four MPC Alphas under the "Robotech - New Generation" licence and an untold number of each under the "Mospeada Legioss" name for the Japanese/Asian Rim market.

I hope you're right, but the picture shows the toy in fighter mode, inside the box, secured in its vac-formed plastic cradle. If the toy was mis-transformed, it probably wouldn't fit in there properly...time will tell. 

I do believe that the toy was packed that way (mis-transformed). If you look closely at the "fighter mode" picture on the box, you can see that the model shown is also mistransformed. We'll see.

Here is the Alpha mis-transformed again. I'm beginning to wonder if the lower legs can be fold up at all!

post-26-1089316131_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Hmmm. The knee block does seem to be missing the hinged middle section cheat of the Imai kit that allowed that to fold up the legs.

But even then the feet/ankle would still stick out more than the line-art. At least having the proper length "toe" will balance it out better than the Gakken/Imai transformable versions.

Cyc

Edited by Cyclone

So there was no one at the show to demonstrate the transformation then?

I want to know how delicate it is after a few transformations.

I will probably wait till after the magic #3000 to see what the difference is.

Will this have any little gimmicks like LEDs?

I think with the news of Robotech 2004/2005 the dvd ova/tv series/movie/comics/the videogame etc they will be able to milk this thing for all it's worth and the price could go down. I want one, don't get me wrong but I'm going to just wait and see.

Assuming these sell very well from all the anticipation, I'm hoping they get to work on beta/tread or even release both in a set (Alpha w beta) at some later time.

If they can just make them robust enough I reckon little kids will want to be able to buy these as transformable toys, and maybe bring that cost down for the average person. If they do make little changes and improvements over time I will be happier with later versions.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I've been quietly and patiently following this saga from the beginning, and hoping/praying that Toynami would vindicate themselves somewhat after the MPC debacle.

Yeah, the feet are a little big, and I don't claim to be an expert on exactly how it should look to be "anime" accurate, but by God, I'm really, really excited about this baby!

I used to have one of the 1/55 red versions, and I thought it was better than sliced bread, but that was a long time ago, and now I know it was a "brick" compared to the latest incarnation.

I really hope that the July 12 shipping date is correct. ;)

My final wish will be for Toynami to make a Beta.

So there was no one at the show to demonstrate the transformation then?

I want to know how delicate it is after a few transformations.

I will probably wait till after the magic #3000 to see what the difference is.

Will this have any little gimmicks like LEDs?

I think with the news of Robotech 2004/2005 the dvd ova/tv series/movie/comics/the videogame etc they will be able to milk this thing for all it's worth and the price could go down. I want one, don't get me wrong but I'm going to just wait and see.

Assuming these sell very well from all the anticipation, I'm hoping they get to work on beta/tread or even release both in a set (Alpha w beta) at some later time.

If they can just make them robust enough I reckon little kids will want to be able to buy these as transformable toys, and maybe bring that cost down for the average person. If they do make little changes and improvements over time I will be happier with later versions.

No LEDs... I transformed it enough to know that there are no magnets. The arms and legs attach to each other by pegs. Funny they were trying to avoid that with the VFs because of wear... but I guess it's better than magnets...

Does anyone know how many Toynami will be making of these?  sorry i haven't read the entire tread..    :unsure:

15K units for each of the four MPC Alphas under the "Robotech - New Generation" licence and an untold number of each under the "Mospeada Legioss" name for the Japanese/Asian Rim market.

Anybody know if the Asian 'Mospeada Legioss' versions will be released at the same time as the US Robotech Alphas?

I don't want to waste money on shipping costs, by ordering an Alpha from the US, if the Asian versions will have a simultaneous release.

Graham

Does anyone know how many Toynami will be making of these?  sorry i haven't read the entire tread..     :unsure:

Anybody know if the Asian 'Mospeada Legioss' versions will be released at the same time as the US Robotech Alphas?

I don't want to waste money on shipping costs, by ordering an Alpha from the US, if the Asian versions will have a simultaneous release.

Graham

I do not know the answer to your question for sure. However, I can find out. Anyways, if I were you, I would wait untill Mospeada version is released in the far East. I do not think US version will sell out in a month or even in two months. It will be around for few months, at least.

With you new born, I would try to save money on most means, until it is relaesed in HK or Japan. (I am assuming that you're finaicial status is like most other members on MW, if you're well off, that is diffrent story.) :lol::lol:

I do not know the answer to your question for sure. However, I can find out. Anyways, if I were you, I would wait untill Mospeada version is released in the far East. I do not think US version will sell out in a month or even in two months. It will be around for few months, at least.

With you new born, I would try to save money on most means, until it is relaesed in HK or Japan. (I am assuming that you're finaicial status is like most other members on MW, if you're well off, that is diffrent story.) :lol::lol:

While I do need to save more money because of the baby, I'm also a very impatient type, who hates waiting for new toys, especially cool ones like the Alpha. :lol:

Graham