Interesting review of DYRL

Bloodcat

Who knew Dennis Miller was a Macross fan? :p

Too funny! The blue footnote links crack me up! The only part I didn't like was that he thought Hikaru slapping Minmay was uncool. Hell, that's my favorite part! That's what she gets for being a tease and not going to the Motel Persian Love! LOL!

That's is some of the funniest poo I've read in a long time....and it's all true!

I love this paragraph the best though:

Yeah, I've already basically ruined the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I suppose. But come on, do I actually believe anyone outside of this inner-circle of people who actually write for the page read this stuff? Besides which, actually getting ahold of the film is easier said than done. For us sad, sad Region-1 sacks, a dvd release is out of the question. While long, long ago we did get a bastardized version called "Clash of the Bionoids" dubbed by a bunch of Australian voice actors, henceforth to be known as "Macross: Down Under", it sadly did not contain up to 500% more marsupials and digederoos than non-Australized Macross, thus making such a bowdlerized version of the saga entirely undesirable. Aside from that, apparently due to licensing conflicts stemming from Robotech's irritating insistence on continuing to actually exist, the chance of us getting a proper DVD release of Do You Remember Love? is slim. In the UK, they did apparently get a VHS release which was supposedly more-or-less untainted, but there has been no word of a DVD version. This means that to see it, you basically have to either learn moon-man, or walk a bit on the dark, poorly-edited, terrible sixth-generation VHS side and download a fansub.

Starts off mildly amusing, but my attention started wandering after a few paragraphs and I couldn't be assed to read the whole thing. Too bloody long and meandering.

Graham

I totally agree with Graham, I started reading the first few paragraphs but got so bored with his rambling that I went straight scrolling down the page and man did that took some scrolling ;)

Actually its written by the former writer of Ecchi Attack, now known as Rev. Brandon Teel.

Ecchi Attack went down, they then did a gaming humor blog that died quickly, and now they are doing this geeky but fun Wiki.

Nobody has actually made me laugh harder while reading pages on the Net than he did, and every now and then this Wiki has some of the same magic Ecchi Attack and its forums had.

Sure he is long winded, but its like listening to a buddy talk about geeky things over a couple beers down at the bar.

And there aint nothing wrong with that IMHO.

best lines in that review-

"The primary, overriding theme of it all is the simple humanity of a pop song taking down an alien empire, and all the human drama behind that. As a contrast we have the Zentradi who, in response to the question of the title, answer with a resounding "No, we do not remember love". "