Godzilla's collection of 1/48s

Godzilla

When you hold your baby in your arms for the first time, all those toys suddenly seem far less important.

When you get your first baby you´ll know it´s worth x100000000000000 times more than any of your 1/48s.

Is this possible, will i not care about my Macross stuff anymore!!?!?

My wife is 6 months pregnant, and several people have told me that when they had kids nothing really mattered to them once the kids came.

Only thing they really cherish was spending time with the kids.

Not one person, but many different people have mentioned this to me.

Now i read this thread.

I mean i can see me enjoying my first born son who will be here in April, but i don't think i'll enjoy Macross toy collecting any less.

Theres no way in hell he's touching my 1/48's either! :p

I guess i'll understand what you guys mean in a few months.

I better enjoy Macross now while i can. :(

Is this possible, will i not care about my Macross stuff anymore!!?!?

No, you will still care about your Macross stuff after having your baby, but it assumes secondary importance.

I still love my collection and still enjoy collecting, even if it is at a somewhat reduced level to my pre-baby era.

But if I had to chose between my Macross toys and my baby, of course baby would come first. If I had to chose between my wife and my toys, hmmm.........that's a tougher decision :p .

Graham

They want me to stop collecting and playing video games. They want to start looking for a wife. Frankly at my age, I think it is over for me.

Do they also want you to.....move out of their house? ;) If so, then I would say you have a problem.

But, if you're gainfully employed, own or rent your own place, and choose to stay single and fill it full of Yammies, then more power to ya. Not everyone seeks out marriage, and kids etc. I wouldn't trade my family for all the Yammies in the world, but that's me. I have friends who are both happily, and unhappily single.

Oh, and as to what everyone said about post children collecting etc. I actually got BACK into collecting when my wife was pregnant with our second child. She had a rough pregnancy, wound up on bedrest, almost lost the baby, and hey, I needed an escape.

When my wife and I first started dating I stopped collecting because I feared she would think I was childish. We'd go visit my parents house and she'd see all these toys in my room and she'd think it was silly. But after we got married and even more so after she got pregnant, I got back into it with some verve. And now that my son is here I use it as my little escape from fatherhood, career, and married life. She recoginzes that, only hates the money involved, and accepts. She has shoes and jewels, and I have jets that transform into giant death dealing robots. I think the real key is to find a woman that *gasp* accepts you and your valk addiction. Of course, that ususally involves going out and meeting the fairer sex from time to time.

....... and I have jets that transform into giant death dealing robots.

That sucks. All I've got are toy jets that turn into 6-12 inch death dealing robots.

<_<:lol:

Not married yet either but I've got nephews and a niece and if it came down to toys or them they'd win. Love the little tykes. That and I don't have to put up with their colicky crap. They go home to their mommy and daddy's for that. :o:p

Of course, everyboday I know is pushing me towards the "time to get settled-down" route too. Fix-up here, set-up there. Kids are a GREAT conversation piece with the ladies. You take them for a walk, all bundled up, and you're an automatic babe-magnet. Can't really do that with a 1/48 eh?

Just a thought... sand in the wind.

What if Godzilla likes being single? Marriage and relationships aren't for everyone.

While I agree that if you want a relationship you have to work for it, and basically "be the equivalent what you want (i.e. if you want a J-Lo you have to be the male equivalent)", there is as much nobility and satisfaction for some humans to not be in a romantic relationship at all.

Ask any monk or hermit where his or her passion lies, and they will say it lies in solitude.

Considering that 50% of all marriages fail and those that do survive are more compromises and settling for less, the actual percentage of successful bliss-like marriages are quite a small piece of the pie chart (mostly because they require a great deal of effort that our fairy-tale-poisoned society avoids).

If Godzilla really wanted to be in a relationship, he'd find a way to do it. No matter what you look like, what your sexual persuasion or how old you are, there is someone out there looking for you. You just have to build your half of the Bridge Across Forever to get it. It ain't likely gonna come to you, and the less you stack the cards against yourself, and see yourself for who you really are and who your potential mate really is, the better.

I mean, if Max upchucked his cookies or dented his plane even slightly during his battle with Miriya, d'ya think she'd even pause to savour his taste as she chewed him up and spat him out?

damn dood, i've always known how many you had but looking a number and actually seeing it, is totally different. :blink:

i'll be saving these pics so next time the woman gouges into me, i'll just show her your collection and tell her shes lucky i ain't you. :p:D:lol:

Lt. action Jackson, I hereby promote you to Captain Obvious.

Sure, someone should just change my title to that so my wife can finally prove in writing that her husband is the "Grand Master of the Obvious" as she likes to call me. And she uses that as a compliment gents. Such a sweetie that one...

I think the real key is to find a woman that *gasp* accepts you and your valk addiction. Of course, that ususally involves going out and meeting the fairer sex from time to time.

Exactly. That my friend is the trick in itself. ;) Anyways, use my pics to tell your wives your addiction isnt as bad as me. :lol::lol::lol:

Besides, if I dont find the right woman. Oh well. All I know is that I need to get this out of the way before I do get married. After marriage, this will be put to a stop. :ph34r:

After marriage, this will be put to a stop.

Actually, it'll probably stop right before you're married when you're selling them off for the engagement ring. And with those walls of yammies my friend, you could probably sell them off and get your future wife to be a small meteorite to flash to friends around town.

Godzilla? I'll marry you. I love your Macross collection and can accept the fact that you're even more obsessed with it than I am. I have but one question: Are you hot? Or does EXO's sig say it all?

Oh yeah.... all that and I'm a guy. I cant stop drooling over your gorgeous collection. My 1 single 1/48 feels very insubstantial right now... it's probably gonna go out and buy a big sports car to overcompensate.

Godzilla? I'll marry you. I love your Macross collection and can accept the fact that you're even more obsessed with it than I am. I have but one question: Are you hot? Or does EXO's sig say it all?

Oh yeah.... all that and I'm a guy.

Ho my God. I never tought this thread will turn into a lonely boy chat and will end with homosexual declarations of love.

I see now, MW dont needs Red Comet back!!! Now we have promethuem5!!!

After marriage, this will be put to a stop.

Actually, it'll probably stop right before you're married when you're selling them off for the engagement ring. And with those walls of yammies my friend, you could probably sell them off and get your future wife to be a small meteorite to flash to friends around town.

In my experience, and also some other members here (like Guppy and Graham), after we got married.... we are buying more toys than before... a cool way to run away from the wife.

Wen there is a fight coming I can allways say "I'll be in the toys room" Kids and wive are no allowed. It is soooo perrrrfect.

Just a thought... sand in the wind.

If Godzilla really wanted to be in a relationship, he'd find a way to do it. No matter what you look like, what your sexual persuasion or how old you are, there is someone out there looking for you. You just have to build your half of the Bridge Across Forever to get it. It ain't likely gonna come to you, and the less you stack the cards against yourself, and see yourself for who you really are and who your potential mate really is, the better.

I mean, if Max upchucked his cookies or dented his plane even slightly during his battle with Miriya, d'ya think she'd even pause to savour his taste as she chewed him up and spat him out?

Hoooooooooooooooooooo... that was soooo cute RainBot.

but gay.

All Godzila needs is a door knob.

Godzilla, you are a god amongst men, or at least Macross Purists anyway. :D

In my case, since I am now concentrating more on pursuing the opposite sex these days, 2005 will probably be the last year that I will be doing any major Macross or Gundam purchases. I plan on keeping most if not all the stuff I have amassed since the late 1990's, but if I'm needing the money to support my future family, family comes first. Looks like I can get a pretty penny for my Low Viz VF-1A and my first production run YF-19. :)

After marriage, this will be put to a stop. :ph34r:

That will probably happen. But when you get married and have kids, and then when the kids grow up and leave home, you're gonna need something to keep you preoccupied. And good memories. About how you kicked my ass in in the competition for the 1/48 Crown.

After marriage, this will be put to a stop.  :ph34r:

That will probably happen. But when you get married and have kids, and then when the kids grow up and leave home, you're gonna need something to keep you preoccupied. And good memories. About how you kicked my ass in in the competition for the 1/48 Crown.

:D

Hoooooooooooooooooooo... that was soooo cute RainBot.

but gay. 

All Godzila needs is a door knob.

Heh. Your post was funny in a primitive cave-man kinda way . But in case it wasn't a joke, okay, I'll bite. :)

So what part of the Bush-country are y'all from, Sabastian?

I understand that the only woman attracted to you would have to be an old fashioned, submissive, opinionless weak-brained invertibrate, and that's okay, because the leaders of your country need future cannon fodder to go out and "liberate" the rest of the world, but please, divert from the well-trodden homophobic path you and your knuckle-dragging peers adhere to and embrace the modern concept that a person, regardless of gender or sexual persuasion can have "cute" and "sensitive" thoughts.

But whatever you do, keep that girl. Modern, powerful women who admire men that are balanced in their emotions would stay far away from you.

But as I stated earlier, that's okay.

:)

Now, as for collecting1/48 Macross toys, does wanting a Miriya valk more than a tough, masculine Max Valk make one... not as tough? ;)

And what if... what if Godzilla was gay?

In fact with the rampant homophobia kicking about, what homosexual would feel comfortable reading posts with such language? Probably much like a black person would feel when told to go sit at the back at the bus.

And now you can start swearing at me.

Or if you're smart, grow up. Study psychology and adopt a more tolerant, open minded viewpoint.

:)

Edited by RainBot

Sure.

Just get people to be more tolerant and little less ignorant, and you will see a great decrease in conflict.

Using the word "gay" as an insult is on par with someone using a racial slur. It may be that Sabastian is making reference to a recent post I made earlier about a similar remark, and did this just to yank my chain. But just incase he didn't, and just incase impressionable people are reading this and are given another reinforcement that using the word "gay" as an insult is okay, I reasonded in order to counter such primitive thoughts.

I'm actually kinda stunned that I am the only one who says anything to counter these views.

Someone said "there is no 'small stuff", because if you let too much by, a whole pile of small things makes a mountain... it's death by killer bees. One may sting and hurt, and that's it. You get a hundred, you keel over and die.

Kinda like the Zentraedi Battlepods(to keep this on-topic)

Edited by RainBot

Saying something to the right people would be a start. I'm not the owner/operator of MacrossWorld, so there's very little I can do but contribute a opinion for whatever it's worth. If you feel this strongly a PM or e-mail to the staff should be your first move.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread already in progress...

I have one of each 1/48 valk they have released and a double of the Hikaru VF-1A which is totally sufficient for my own personal collection, but that sure doesn't mean I can't admire your stuff. The Wall of Yamato alter you have constructed is truly spectacular. Excellent collection, thank you for sharing :)

It would be fun to play a game using 1/48's as the pieces, like Warhammer 40K skirmish using barbie doll houses for terrain. You could play chess with 1/48's you have so many, awesome :)

It would be like playing with Armorcasts Battlemechs... which there are official rules for. That and the fact that there are pics online soemwhere of the Armorcast guys showing off all teh japanese model kits you can use as the Unseen designs... either 1/60s or 1/48s would look fantastic with teh Armorcasts.... Once you go 28mm you never go back baby!