EXO

224742377099223435869043734336973752501238n1262769043.jpg

224742377099373435869043734336973766587409n1262769080.jpg

22474237709947343586904373433697377518075n1262769104.jpg

224742377099523435869043734336973781227213n1262769138.jpg

22474237710022343586904373433697386264142n1262769169.jpg

22474237710062343586904373433697392981631n1262769189.jpg

224742377100773435869043734336973933390834n1262769210.jpg

I am so getting this still knowing they are going to pull the same BS they pulled with the Dark Knight Batman, where they release a mega deluxe edition with all the features the first one should have initially had. I am of course speaking of the required head and out variants need to simulate how he appeared in his final show down with the T-1000 Complete with a thumbs up hand.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is HT will issue a "Battle Damaged" version with the minigun, grenade launcher, busted head and torn clothes but sans Winchester and flowers so you might as well get this "Out of the Dealer" version too. Then again the Battle Damaged Iron Man is the only Mk3 figure you will ever need, so I guess I'll just wait a while to see what happens.

By the way, I just saw the new HT Sarah Connor figure at Toyarc. I could've sworn HT already released a Terminator 2 Sarah Connor figure (tho' I can't find it anywhere now). Maybe it's a good sign for those of us who missed on the old Battle Damaged Terminator figure?

i think Medicom did the SC figure before.

And actually, I dont think the HT one looks that good. The body looks off to me.

Ah! No wonder I couldn't find her. I like the HT figure and the arsenal it comes with, but as >EXO< said I'm getting only Arnie anyway. Now if they only made Miles Dyson with the detonator and the chip model, then that's another story :p

• 2 weeks later...

Played around with my Hot Toys RE1/Biohazard Albert Wesker today. Have to say the face sculpt is beyond excellent but otherwise not sure how to justify this as a $155 1/6 scale action figure. The accessories aren't really any better quality than the good releases by Ultimate Soldier or GI Joe about 10 years ago.

Only took one quick pic for now

th_HotToysRE1Wesker.jpg

*Magnum not included*

I might be more interested if it was a comic version Warmachine (not Ultimate). How do the armoured figures even feel? They're all plastic right? I have my doubts about how they hold up along with the rubber suit figures.

Honestly after my experience with the RE1 Wesker figure which don't get me wrong is the probably the best Wesker figure ever going to be made HT stuff seems like too much hype and not enough delivery, head sculpts excluding of course.

Damn, depending on the price point i might have to pick this one up. The detailing is just top notch, even down to the arm cannons. In fact these pics. just gave me a reason to change up my avatar.

War Machine looks amazing! I wonder if Hot Toys will be doing Mk.4, 5 and 6 figures... Not like I could afford to have all of them anyway -_-

I'm going to assume they'll be doing a MK. 6 for sure and maybe

the briefcase armor

as for the Mk. 4 and 5, not sure, it probably wouldn't be that hard to make them all based on one mold with a few minor tweaks here and there, but whether or not it would sell is another question.

Edited by Veritas

It is rather uncanny :lol:

I'm also waiting for the Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow... THAT will be a must buy also :D

I'm pretty sure they'll do Scarlett Johanssen (who wouldn't?) because they already have other figs of her...

I just want my damn Iron Monger!!!

I'm pretty sure they'll do Scarlett Johanssen (who wouldn't?) because they already have other figs of her...

I just want my damn Iron Monger!!!

Looks like they're doing ScarJo. According to this promo card, along with War Machine they plan to do MK6, Black Widow and Whiplash. Hopefully they'll come to their senses ditch Whiplash in favor of a MK5, Monger or drone. I'm sure they'd do a killer job on Whiplash, but....he just really doesn't look interesting to me.

post-430-1268702761_thumb.jpg

I have an unopened Silken Floss I new from the start they'd probably do the Black Widow and I'm planning to buy that one to open. When I finally get my Ghotsbuster's Bill Murray I'm going to set up some spectatular 1/6 scale Lost In Translation figures...

Can't wait for the Iron Man stuff, but the cost is gonna kill me... lately I've been mackin' on Ashley Wood stuff by 3A toys like this:

3A_Popbot_HTK_Soh_19.png

3A_Popbot_HTK_Soh_12.png

3A_Popbot_HTK_Soh_09.png

I like the more comic-booky stylings of figures like this. Hot Toys makes photo-realistic and perfect representations of what we see on screen, but alot of the other 1/6 brands (especially military) have a real awkward look to it when the costumes and such are trying to be hyper-realistic but the head and hand sculpts are goofy and toy-like.

Can't wait for the Iron Man stuff, but the cost is gonna kill me... lately I've been mackin' on Ashley Wood stuff by 3A toys like this:

I like the more comic-booky stylings of figures like this. Hot Toys makes photo-realistic and perfect representations of what we see on screen, but alot of the other 1/6 brands (especially military) have a real awkward look to it when the costumes and such are trying to be hyper-realistic but the head and hand sculpts are goofy and toy-like.

Very nice. I love the facial expression. Remind me, when is Shadow (I think that's what she's called) coming out? I'm rather keen on getting her, although something tells me she's going to be difficult to obtain. Speaking of unobtainium, I need me a Bramble something fierce.

Edited by eriku

Very nice. I love the facial expression. Remind me, when is Shadow (I think that's what she's called) coming out? I'm rather keen on getting her, although something tells me she's going to be difficult to obtain. Speaking of unobtainium, I need me a Bramble something fierce.

March 19 Hong Kong time (Thursday night for me in Mass). I can't wait... she's gonna look fantastic next to Tommy, whom i really, really wish would finally be ready to ship. That's the only problem with preordering directly from 3A... I get the club discount and access to special variants, but the lead time on the preorders is looooong.

March 19 Hong Kong time (Thursday night for me in Mass). I can't wait... she's gonna look fantastic next to Tommy, whom i really, really wish would finally be ready to ship. That's the only problem with preordering directly from 3A... I get the club discount and access to special variants, but the lead time on the preorders is looooong.

Thanks to your heads-up on the date I was able to be at Bambaland at the right time and grab a Little Shadow. I logged in later and saw the 2-pack with the zombie bot and was very, very tempted...but I couldn't shell out that much in one drop. Now the long wait until late May, which I assume means June.