Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I love 3A toys, don't much care for the company though.

(I've got a penumbra, don't have cherry bomb but I do have OG cherry).

Wow! Awesome collection! I just got started so I'm choosing my figures very carefully.

That Cherry Shadow figure is the reason I got interested in 3A, though I'm super bummed I wasn't able to get it.

3a tends to drift over into the area of designer toys, and I don't really like designer toys. I'm all for pop art and such, but it's not what gets me excited.

I like toys that represent an artists vision in 3d, but also has a mass appeal through a great work or story.. The art for something like Macross is important, of course, but it's not the impetus for being. The Valk design is part of a greater whole, and the toy design is the star. The transformation and quality of the toy is what draws you in.

With 3a stuff the "star" is the artist's designs, with no real over-arching story or connection to culture. If you're a fan of Ashley Wood's style then it's a physical representation of his style, otherwise it has no real meaning. I enjoy his art. I have Robots vs Zombies or whatever, but it doesn't blow me away. With his toys they always look just cool enough to make me check them out, but not cool enough to spend my money on them. I also have no time for video games or video game characters. So that aspect of 3a doesn't appeal to me.

That's why I'm not waiting on 3a's Ma.K stuff. Wood makes the design his own too much, instead of letting the design from the work shine through. It's one of the reasons I don't like Fewture either. They put too many flourishes on their work and it makes it too close to a 3rd party for me, if that makes sense.

That's what's so great about Yamato. They stove to bring the purity of the Valkyrie to life, not add their own artists touches to the work.

Anyway, just something I was thinking about. Carry on... haha

Edited by Gakken85

That Caesar 003 makes me so jealous! I only have the portable version coming...

I've been a fan of Ash Wood before he started making toys. Always loved his art and I like his spin on things. I mostly buy his original properties though.

Edited by xrentonx

Nice. It came in painted already. May I know how much it cost you sir? I saw a 1/20 scale which requires painting.

The new Jor El fig from Hot Toys looks pretty freaking amazing, imho...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=20684

I'm waiting for Faora with removable armor. I like her in the skin suit.

1044075_10151531016302861_1505221626_n.j

Nice. It came in painted already. May I know how much it cost you sir? I saw a 1/20 scale which requires painting.

Now that's a super nice something I wish I could afford...

Only 700 out there, right? Congrats!

How much did it cost? A lot. haha

I've read 700, and 600. I'm not really sure, but their aren't a lot of them.

Yup it's "pre-finished" it's 1/6 scale and the suit is massive. It won't fit in the top level of my detolf :/. It's taller than a 1/12 votoms that's for sure.

I plan on putting up a full review on anymoon soon. I've written all the info, I just need to handle it and see all the ins and outs.

It's really pretty and I like it a lot so far. It's a lot to take in at once.

Edited by Gakken85

Thanks! I was a little buzzed when I recorded the video. haha. Yeah. I love it.

I was able to "hack" my detolf and use these little white chord holders to push my bottom shelf up enough to get it in the bottom area.

373739590_762.jpg

I took 4 of the white ones and put the grooved area around the metal rungs that hold the shelves and flipped them up so the round part was to the top. It gave me a few extra inches and holds the other shelf securely. haha.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm super excited. I've been wanting Master chief in 1:6 since halo 2 came out and the Halo 4 MJOLNIR in the coolest incarnation of the armor. BTW, the portable Dutch Merc Bertie mk3 I ordered shipped out about a week and a half ago. I'm hoping it'll be here soon.

If they make him with rigid plastic armor, even if it means less mobility, instead of the rubber suit, I'll be more than happy. :)

the thing is it's true to the design to have a flexible under suit with hard armor panels layered over it.

It is but that rubber suit scares me. I have both Carters and I think the rubber is the weakest feature on an otherwise great figure. :(

If it was rigid like Iron Man, I wouldn't mind...