From "how many yamatos do you have"...

mcpaz

Hi all,

yes, it's been a very boring evenening today. I have managed to make a compilation about every user that answered Graham's post about how many Yamatos did we have. Believe me, 234 users is a duty to complain about... well, after seeing mac+ in spanish (again), I had curiosity (and time) to take out the statistics.

Well, there go the numbers:

Total numbers:

Total users: 234

Total yamatos: 2693 :blink::o

Total yamatos by scale:

1.- 1/48: 555 (20,6%)

2.- 1/60: 1452 (53,9%)

3.- 1/72: 686 (25,5%)

[psst! hey! <_< yamato has sold more 1/60's than 1/48 and 1/72 togheter...]

Statistics per user:

Mean number of valks/user: 11,56 (but more than 63% of us have less valks)

Mean number of valks/user by type:

1.- 1/48: 2,38 (but more than 64% of us have less 1/48's)

2.- 1/60: 6,23 (but more than 60% of us have less 1/60's)

3.- 1/72: 2,94 (but more than 53% of us have less 1/72's)

Cash... :( (have you ever heard 'my wallet hates me' around here? Prepare yourselves...)

Assuming these average prices:

1/48: 150$

1/60: 65$

1/72: 65$

(they might not be exact, but they are good enough to give us an idea...)

A mean user has spent about... 953,73$ in his/her collection... :blink:

And now, the rankings...

LOWEST ONES

There are only three MW users that doesn't have any yamato (already ;) ). They are excar, pfunk and prons.

MAXIMUMS

The lotto ones (there's no other explanation... these guys must be swimming over money!!!! :o )

Absolute maximum: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d.

He's got: 16 1/48's :o , 42 (did you hear? Fourty two!!!) 1/60's and 31 (OMG!!!!) 1/72.

No one beats this guy. I still hate Graham (privilege of information and an absolute awsome collection -which I hardly envy), but S, do you have family? I HATE you so much!!!

Total yamato rankings:

1st- 89 yamatos: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (of course)

2nd- 48 yamatos: CHAN

3rd- 44 yamatos: trueblueeyes (mmm... you weren't married, were you? I'm not, so I think we could... you know...)

Total yamato rankings by type:

1/48:

1st- 16 1/48's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (who else?)

2nd- 15 1/48's: calvin

3rd- 12 1/48's: CHAN

1/60:

1st- 42 1/60's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (again...)

2nd- 27 1/60's: trueblueeyes (have you thought seriously in my marriage proposal?)

3rd- 24 1/60's: CHAN (again!!)

1/72:

1st- 42 1/72's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (listen: I_h_a_t_e_y_o_u :angry: )

2nd- 27 1/72's: Graham (At last! he is in the top three!)

3rd- 15 1/72's: Eternal D and wingcommander (thanks Eternal D for the correction)

Conclusions: due to the fact that much more than 2 thirds of us have less than the mean number of valks, I can conclude that we are not so crazy, but, in the other side, there are a few mad, damn mad MW users that have a serious problem with their wallets. For all those, I really envy you all!!!

Second: I have to ask for a salary increase... Bwaaaa!!!!! :(

Hope you enjoyed....

mcpaz

Edited by mcpaz

Although... 953,73$ ? Is that supposed to be $95 grand, or is there some extraneous digit floating around in there?

Hi imode,

yes, you're right. Spanish notation is as follows 1.234,56 (one thousand blah blah), opposite to the US one, which I guess it's 1,234.56

sorry for all the inconvenience this may cause. :p

Thanks!

mcpaz

You must have had a lot and I mean A LOT of time on your hands to sum all that up. Good job! Now we know who has a lot of loot and who needs some! Talk about hoarding! sheesh! :p:D:lol:

Hey. Great job. It was fun to read all the stats!

However, it must be mentioned that there is probably a big selection bias in the calculations, as only 234 members responded to the original thread. If everyone from MW responded, the numbers may be very different, because I suspect there may be many more people who do not own any Yamato toys who did not respond to Graham's thread.

Edited by PC Valkyrie

Cool topic!

Great job on the stats. Well I didn't make the top buyers list, but I think I'm pretty close to having a problem... :lol:

Curse this economoy!! I NEED MORE VALKS! :D B)

Hi PC Valk,

you're completely right. Of course, this (ahem) study (or whatever it is) has been done in a particular environment, and conclussions shouldn't be taken out of our particular environment (with its... ahem... 'particular' circumstances).

Of course these are not exact stats, but they can give us a rough idea of what might have happened with yamato and MW.

This brings me an stupid thought (no jokes, please :( ): how many of these valks have been bought thanks to Shawn and Graham (MW)? Aren't you thinking in make yamato pay you some kind of... propaganda tax? :p

mcpaz

I usually pay about $139.99US (~$140.00US) for a 1/48 scale. $150.00US is a bit much, heck even with shipping costs, my average S/H per 1/48 Valkyrie comes to about $1.50 per Valkyrie (regardless of scale).

I have the "Slightly Above Average" Valkyrie collection with all versions from all three different scales except a few (1-3) missing additions. I'm not a hardcore Valkyrie collector as I have lot's of other collections and I don't make that much money either (a little less than $2K a month with about $300-$400 in expenses).

I would also like to know how in the hell sithlord affords almost 100 Yamato Valkyries.

you know, w/o having this site telling me what to buy...I mean showing me what's coming out in the coming months...I probably would have gotten off this Macross bandwagon already. Yamato definitely should show some appreciation towards Shawn and Graham...as I'm sure they do.

This is a great read...if you're studying Econ in school, maybe you can use this as a sample problem or soemthing to show your teacher.

but one thing I have to point out. I have only 15 1/72 scale yammies, not 24...so could you go back and check your work and get back to us? :p j/k!

but one thing I have to point out. I have only 15 1/72 scale yammies, not 24...so could you go back and check your work and get back to us?  j/k!

Aaaaarghhh!!!

Damn finger... yes, that's true. But since the error is 11 of 2682, it makes a deviation around 0.004%, and the final differences in the percentages must be of that order. Sure... :(

Thanks ( :angry: ) so much, BTW (j/k) ;)

mean = average

Yep, that's what I tried to mean. Sorry for all the inconvenience this might have caused you.

mcpaz

Hi!

Good news for me!!! I didn't make mistakes in my calculus!! My only mistake was that the third in position in the 1/72 are EternalD and wingcommander, with 15 instead of 24 (damn copy&paste).

So where you could read

1/72:

1st- 42 1/72's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (listen: I_h_a_t_e_y_o_u  )

3rd- 24 1/72's: Eternal D and wingcommander

You might read:

1/72:

1st- 42 1/72's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (listen: I_h_a_t_e_y_o_u )

3rd- 15 1/72's: Eternal D and wingcommander

;)

Edited by mcpaz

One important aspect to note, however, is how many of MWers got their yammies in either list -prices or sale-prices.

That aspect will somehow make the avg $953.73/collection a little invalid dollar-figure.

For example, I got my 1/48 for like $88 and a couple of my 1/60's under $29. Of course, my first yammie (1/60 1J/FP) did cost me $100 before I ever found out about MW and HLJ sales.

^_^

Edited by treatment

Hi!

Good news for me!!! I didn't make mistakes in my calculus!! My only mistake was that the third in position in the 1/72 are EternalD and wingcommander, with 15 instead of 24 (damn copy&paste).

So where you could read

1/72:

1st- 42 1/72's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (listen: I_h_a_t_e_y_o_u  )

3rd- 24 1/72's: Eternal D and wingcommander

You might read:

1/72:

1st- 42 1/72's: s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d (listen: I_h_a_t_e_y_o_u )

3rd- 15 1/72's: Eternal D and wingcommander

;)

haha, sounds good to me. I'm actually ranked somewhere for this...that makes all my collecting and money spent worth while. :rolleyes::D:blink:

So s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d has the most with 16 1/48s? 42 1/60s? 31 1/72s?!?!? WTH? s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d who in heck are you bombing? :unsure:

Ok, let expand on the math further in which the money s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d spent on his air force:

16 x $150 = $2400

42 x $65 = $2730

31 x $65 = $2015

The grand total comes out to be $7145. :blink: Please note we are using the average numbers here. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d can probably give us the numbers but let’s go with the facts at hand. If s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d has that much cash to shell out, I am sure he could buy us some. :p Either that or s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d has declared bankrupcy. :o

Ok, I upped my collection of 1/48s by one when my 2nd low vis arrived. So I have 3 1/48s. But am not shelling out seven, I'd say again SEVEN grand on toys let alone on set of toys.

So... I guess Graham should give some kind of payment to Mcpaz afeter such big help. Afer all he made your Job Graham... didnt he? :blink:

About Mr. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d. Once I organized a robery against Graham after he show us (how silly he was) his Yamato Wall. :ph34r:

But we failed after we knew he was a weapons dealer and own a couple of pathlabors :angry:

Now I wonder... Mr. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d. address??

Anybody interested?? :huh:

Cool Thread Mcpaz.

Next can you do a 1/55 poll? :D

The scary thing is, there are still lots of yamato toys to come. So by the end of next year, I think that figure of $953 will double.. :blink: And don't forget to add $300 for the Monster...

So... I guess Graham should give some kind of payment to Mcpaz afeter such big help. Afer all he made your Job Graham... didnt he? 

About Mr. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d. Once I organized a robery against Graham after he show us (how silly he was) his Yamato Wall. 

But we failed after we knew he was a weapons dealer and own a couple of pathlabors 

Now I wonder... Mr. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d. address??

Anybody interested?? 

Cool Thread Mcpaz.

Sebastian... you can count on me :ph34r: , hehe...

About the payment, I have to recognize that, taking apart the fact of writing in the spreadsheet all the data (really boring), getting out the statistics was quite funny :( . Since my college years I didn't have the opportunity to... 'play' with numbers. B) Yep, engineers are so... hehe

thanks to all for viewing. :assian:

(and please excuse my poor english... I have just noticed that I didn't ask for this before!)

mcpaz

Hey! Look what excel can make!

If there's any analyst around here, can you give us any idea?

mcpaz

PD: I give up... :huh: I'm going to play with my yammies (4 1/60 and 4 1/72... clearly under the average user... :( )

post-4-1063960762_thumb.jpg

He's got: 16 1/48's  , 42 (did you hear? Fourty two!!!) 1/60's and 31 (OMG!!!!) 1/72.

No one beats this guy. I still hate Graham (privilege of information and an absolute awsome collection -which I hardly envy), but S, do you have family? I HATE you so much!!!

s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d, you need to find a girl and spend more time out of your home and away from valks. :angry:

damn i am so jealous :(

He's got: 16 1/48's  , 42 (did you hear? Fourty two!!!) 1/60's and 31 (OMG!!!!) 1/72.

s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d, you need to find a girl and spend more time out of your home and away from valks. :angry:

damn i am so jealous :(

Not being married has its plusses... and I got enough cashflow for the girl as well and "no" not the kind you pick up in the corner :lol:

Well, ya damn near got every Alpha on ebay (exspecially green <_< )

got any you wanna sell.

anywho i only have 2 1/48's (but i have all the transformable 1/48 legioss models ;) )

Hi VF-1Guy,

well, I'm definitively not going to do it. But Excel will... :D

Typical deviation

1:48 1:60 1:72 sum

19,41 7,77 15,54 4,59

Variance

1:48 1:60 1:72 sum

376,60 60,44 241,50 21,03

I'm not sure about the correct results (I'm not going to check it...), but of course the graphics are distorsioned by s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d... Oh, how much I hate this guy... :(

See?

post-4-1064003637_thumb.jpg