Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

Just got the dropship + APC, both versions

Everything came as I expected... but the weight of the ship .... gosh you can really feel the amount of diecast in these babies .... glad i got them both  :D

311492[/snapback]

Ok now show us some pictures

I probably will have difficulties to explain how the wing unfold due to my languange barrier :unsure: sorry 'bout that, but in pictures from your earlier post the 18th pic should give you a rough idea on how the wing unfold .... it like a cross section where you have to open the left wing first ....

the only thing that annoy me now is the landing gear was not retractable.. you have to remove and re attach :(

Edited by shinohara

dang it, I found this like at three different dealers at the Comic Con, but all were like 140+ :( And it's hella small too! <_<

the only thing that annoy me now is the landing gear was not retractable.. you have to remove and re attach  :(

311639[/snapback]

WOOOT ?!?

But I read somewhere the landing gears were retractable and the way to retract them was to set the thrusters nozzle in the landing position.

Dang !

the only thing that annoy me now is the landing gear was not retractable.. you have to remove and re attach  :(

311639[/snapback]

WOOOT ?!?

But I read somewhere the landing gears were retractable and the way to retract them was to set the thrusters nozzle in the landing position.

Dang !

311840[/snapback]

The Landing gear are supposed to be retractable, but I'm unsure if part swapping is involved or if it remains attached to the dropship. I think maybe your confusion came from this post in the other dropship thread:

Blackaces post in second Dropship thread

I still plan to get it... but not at the Con prices.  I'll have to keep looking.

I know Diamond is going to distribute it though... maybe I should wait.

311699[/snapback]

Do you know about when Diamond will release it?

311639[/snapback]

WOOOT ?!?

Dang !

311840[/snapback]

The Landing gear are supposed to be retractable, but I'm unsure if part swapping is involved or if it remains attached to the dropship. I think maybe your confusion came from this post in the other dropship thread:

Blackaces post in second Dropship thread

311915[/snapback]

The landing gear is not retractable - it is part swapping .. aoshima suplied both for retracted landing gear and for the closed one .... :rolleyes:

Edited by shinohara

Well, there it is then.  I'm almost sold :)

312359[/snapback]

Don't wait .. go for it mate :D

I brought mine to my office yesterday because some of the folks want to see it .... it only takes around 10 minutes before a couple of the guys run back to their desk and place an order at HLJ :lol:

Edited by shinohara

Well, there it is then.  I'm almost sold :)

312359[/snapback]

Don't wait .. go for it mate :D

I brought mine to my office yesterday because some of the folks want to see it .... it only takes around 10 minutes before a couple of the guys run back to their desk and place an order at HLJ :lol:

312423[/snapback]

Damnit! Better make that order today.

OK!

Just got mine and I am IMPRESSED !. I can finaly fly around the house with one of my most favorite birds of all times. I got the regular version and it includes a pilot, that's actualy my only beef about this toy, cause they put a colonial marine in combat gear in the cockpit and not LT Ferro and her copilot, I think that's kind of dumb considering the level of details that Aoshima put in this diecast model. The paintjob is superb, the regular version is weathered. Does anyone know if the special edition is weathered too and includes a pilot ?

Anywho, great purchase.

Edited by Montarvillois

OK!

Just got mine and I am IMPRESSED !. I can finaly fly around the house with one of my most favorite birds of all times. I got the regular version and it includes a pilot, that's actualy my only beef about this toy, cause they put a colonial marine in combat gear in the cockpit and not LT Ferro and her copilot, I think that's kind of dumb considering the level of details that Aoshima put in this diecast model. The paintjob is superb, the regular version is weathered. Does anyone know if the special edition is weathered too and includes a pilot ?

Anywho, great purchase.

316619[/snapback]

The other thread about the dropship has much better information about the two versions. The Unit 02 dropship is a clean paint job, weathered free.

OK!

Anywho, great purchase.

316619[/snapback]

I've got the "Limited" version, and there's no pilot (or any Colonial Marine for that matter), only the Alien Queen. This version is also clean, with no weathering.

I like it, but I wish I bought the standard version instead.

I was REALLY impressed until I broke the damn thing (the part off of the nose, airspeed indicator, or whatever it's called), but that's my damn own fault.

And yep, the APC should have been included for the price.

-b.

OK!

Anywho, great purchase.

316619[/snapback]

The other thread about the dropship has much better information about the two versions. The Unit 02 dropship is a clean paint job, weathered free.

316632[/snapback]

What he said...

-b.

also, what's the size comparison of the figures you get with this baby and the Galoob micro machine figures? I've got several of them, so if they match I'm laughing.

i just got mine from a guy at the con tho' the MPC was sold out. I can't remember the price, I was too excited (I hope I didn't paid it with my soul). Mine is the special edition. I like it better since it has the 02 on the side and the weathering doesn't look that cool anyway.

I have a question tho': does the cockpit opens? From Montarvillois pictures looks like it does. Please let me know how.

Also be extremely careful with the sensor antenna, it's too long and plastic, I broke it by accident too and fixed it with super glue and now it's good as new.

I happen to own the Galoobs too and seems like those figures fit in the cockpit (woot) ! Pictures coming soon.

OMG does this dropship rock!

This dropship rocks OMG!

I am floored. The pictures do it no justice. This thing is amazing.

<insert more rampant fanboy self-soiling>

Well, I'm going to try and calm myself enough to take some pictures and post a proper review in a new thread. Needless to say, this Dropship and APC was worth every penny, despite any flaws. What a work of art!