The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

At very least you gotta give Yamato some credit for having the guts to produce a toy of such an obscure mecha as the VB-6. And from the intricate transformation, you can tell that the designer put a lot of heart and soul into the design.

True true...

I agree with you. This is the type of thing we usualy only see a obscure resin kits from Japanese hobby shows.

Yeah , I´m actually very grateful they really made it. It kinda gives me hopes of someday seeing a VF-5000 or a Vf-14.

OK, I guess someone has to be first... I BROKE THE LITTLE TAB, but only one side of the tab. :(

And in only 1 day of playing with this toy. But I still like it & it still transforms with no problems.

:blink::blink::blink:

Will this tab be the NEW "backpack hinge" for 2005? :angry:

I hope this doesn't happen to mine.

OK, I guess someone has to be first... I BROKE THE LITTLE TAB, but only one side of the tab. :(

And in only 1 day of playing with this toy. But I still like it & it still transforms with no problems.

i am very sorry to hear you broke yours, i will have to be very careful when i get mine.

chris

Are you referring to the tab that is thought to have been assembled backwards? And what do you mean by only one side? I fear your lack of specification will lead us down the road of rampant speculation and paranoia. :ph34r:

As far as being thankful goes, I think the Monster is just about at the top of my "Thank you, Yamato!!" list. Of course if they ever graced us with a transforming Macross the Monster would have to step down. :lol:

wasnt there 2 little tabs? 1 on each side that were assembled backwards? I think he broke one of those, at least i think and it seems to be the tab that everyone is talking about

WAIT! What little TAB!? not another Tab B scenario, is it? Cuz ill cry. alot.

Yeah man, rock on. wouldn't it be great to get a VF-5000? That would be awesome.

May I highlight this ?

OK, I guess someone has to be first... I BROKE THE LITTLE TAB, but only one side of the tab. sad.gif

guys , IT AIN´T A FATAL PROBLEM. you can still play with it , pose it , AND transform it , don´t sweat it .

Anyway ,as for me I´m getting this boy with or without problems. Hopefully this is just the beggining , I wouldn´t mind for a 1/100 Vf-5000 as long as they make one ( would love something bigger but if they have to be concistent :) )

Maybe its those that connect to the cannons that Graham was saying its holes are showing enlargement after a few transformations....

Sorry not sure where those pegs are...on the body somewhere?

WAIT!  What little TAB!?  not another Tab B scenario, is it?  Cuz ill cry.  alot.

Yeah man, rock on.  wouldn't it be great to get a VF-5000?  That would be awesome.

May I highlight this ?

OK, I guess someone has to be first... I BROKE THE LITTLE TAB, but only one side of the tab. sad.gif

guys , IT AIN´T A FATAL PROBLEM. you can still play with it , pose it , AND transform it , don´t sweat it .

Anyway ,as for me I´m getting this boy with or without problems. Hopefully this is just the beggining , I wouldn´t mind for a 1/100 Vf-5000 as long as they make one ( would love something bigger but if they have to be concistent :) )

Yeah, and you can carry on a full and satisfying life with only 9 toes, but people still want to hear about the one that broke off. :p

Edited by eriku

11 VF-1S? :o what the heck do you need that many for????? your as bad as the guy on ebay with 40 low viz, wait... you wouldnt happen to be him would you? :p seriously you really do not need that many i do not see the value changing that much where getting 11 is nessecary, even if you just like collecting Macross that is alittle to much. though I gotta admit thats a impressive colection you are building do you have any pics of your current collection? i would love to see it.

very impressed macross fan

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

according to his sig he has over 50 1/48 valks, holy crap thats incredible, you have to post pics of that.

edit: hell he has 58 almost 60, once he gets all those VF-1S in thats going to be nuts, dude are you planning on opening a store? :p

Edited by zeo-mare

Tony,

Can you please clarify which part exactly you broke?

Do you mean the 'L' shape plastic tab that locks the wings to the body in Shuttle Mode?

Or do you mean something else?

Graham

Why did you get 11 VF-1Ss? They come 4 to a case? Why not 12? :huh:

>EXO<, I'm pushing the weight and size limit on EMS to the max. 1/48 cases are too small. Toy-Man can get 8-9 1/48s to me at a time.

As for some proof Rune :D ....

proof

zeo-mare, I'm using 7 for VF-1S Max Custom, 7 DYRL? VF-1S Fockers and 7 for TV VF-1S Fockers.

Dude....I wish I was that guy on ebay. Two years ago I would have never thought that the VF-1A Low Viz would become such a valuble VF. Looking at the thing on the net isn't much, it's only until you actually bought one and spent a few minutes transforming it when you realise how cool it really is.

Cheers lads,

Francis ;)

Excuse me Graham, have you labelled up your VB-6 yet? If it looks good, I'll just copy your layout. :p

Why did you get 11 VF-1Ss?  They come 4 to a case?  Why not 12? :huh:

>EXO<, I'm pushing the weight and size limit on EMS to the max. 1/48 cases are too small. Toy-Man can get 8-9 1/48s to me at a time.

As for some proof Rune :D ....

proof

zeo-mare, I'm using 7 for VF-1S Max Custom, 7 DYRL? VF-1S Fockers and 7 for TV VF-1S Fockers.

Dude....I wish I was that guy on ebay. Two years ago I would have never thought that the VF-1A Low Viz would become such a valuble VF. Looking at the thing on the net isn't much, it's only until you actually bought one and spent a few minutes transforming it when you realise how cool it really is.

Cheers lads,

Francis ;)

Excuse me Graham, have you labelled up your VB-6 yet? If it looks good, I'll just copy your layout. :p

OMG!!! Your crazy man

I'll also admit to being fairly rough during some of the tansformations. Hey, gotta find out where the potential weak spots are :lol: !

theres a fine line between "finding" potential weak spots and "making" potential weak spots. ;):lol:

then again, i paid $155 shipped for mine. :blink: if i could get them for $100, i'd buy 3, display them in each mode and never TF them again....damn i need to move to feed my addiction. :huh:

theres a fine line between "finding" potential weak spots and "making" potential weak spots. ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: to true. i will definetly have to keep all of this in mind when i get mine and transform it carefully

Here's a pic in Battroid mode of the kness sort of bent backwards. Good luck getting the Battroid to stand without support if you do bend the knees though :D . In this photo, I'm using a chair back for support.

Standing normally with the legs locked straight is no problem and doesn't require support.

Graham

i TRY A POSE CAN STAND LIKE THE DESIGN SKETCH without locked the leg joint

THAT'S REALLY COOL~!!

i take photo tomorrow :)

Here's a pic in Battroid mode of the kness sort of bent backwards. Good luck getting the Battroid to stand without support if you do bend the knees though :D . In this photo, I'm using a chair back for support.

Standing normally with the legs locked straight is no problem and doesn't require support.

Graham

i TRY A POSE CAN STAND LIKE THE DESIGN SKETCH without locked the leg joint

THAT'S REALLY COOL~!!

i take photo tomorrow :)

Please do :)

I just bought the VB-6 after finding it with some directions from Monkey-N and Bariaburu Faita in Osaka. :) It's an amazing toy and I'm glad I bought it. I don't intend to transform it that much and will probably leave it in Gerwalk mode. It is rather hard to transform and I only transformed it from Shuttle to Gerwalk and back just to see that nothing falls off.

Seems like it's soooo much cheaper in HK than here in Japan. I bought it for 15,540 yen - about USD160 I guess.

I've only put the eyes on the chest ant the UN Spacy Kite emblems on the shoulders. That's all I'm planning to put on.

Graham

we need to get someone on this site to make some decent water slide decals , so we can save are sticker sheet in mint condition.

And in only 1 day of playing with this toy.  But I still like it & it still transforms with no problems.

Tony,

Can you please clarify which part exactly you broke?

Do you mean the 'L' shape plastic tab that locks the wings to the body in Shuttle Mode?

Or do you mean something else?

Graham

Hi Graham,

I broke one of the little cylindrical tabs on the under side of the shuttle mode. It is also the connection piece in gerwalk mode. :(

But it still transforms just fine.

post-4-1104805332_thumb.jpg

Oh, well at least those will be easy to fix...just drill a hole adn mount a metal pin of the same diameter.

yeah I was thinking of the same thing actually.

On another note :

IS ANYONE THINKING OF CUSTOMISING THEIR KOENIGS ?

if so what are you gonna do ? new paint scheme ? battle damage ? new stickers ?

Maybe ( as this is supposed to be the official Koenig thread) people could start posting their IDEAS.

i was thinking the Enigma as well or some sort of other Low Viz style paintjob.

:lol::lol: like no one would notice a giant green ship in the sky either. :lol::lol: i just like the grey camo look of the low viz i think it would look great on this monster,

How about a mythical all-black stealth bomber like that all-black vf1, haha? :)

You could paint evil red eyes on the cockpit and paint the orange bits dark red. Maybe even add shark teeth. The secret stealth monster only attacks at midnight, is painted in dark colours, has no visible markings and is equiped with claws to restrain its victims from escape or raid other mecha and loot them.

In the future, the UNG will have undergone a huge war with a new species of alien that wipes out 99.9% of human life leaving only civilians struggling to live on a scorched earth which leaves only a few destroid pilots fighting over the resources of earth. People customise thier mechs to survive in this new harsh environment, and salvage wrecked mechs from previous wars which are modified for close combat and the lack of ammo and supplies becuase of the destruction of once-working factories. (stealth is more valued and heavily armored vehicles are preffered over aircraft which did not survive the "second holocaust" of space war II when the humans and zentradi lost. :D)

Now because of this, sand and dirt is applied onto some of the custom mecha to camoflage the non-stealth mechs during the day, and like the post apocylptic movie "mad max" we have all kinds of desperate savages trying to kill each other for survival of the fittest where there are no laws, no cops left, and no order. Just a few herioc lone gunmen in mechs killing each other with only half-working technology which can only be repaired by a few people who are knowledgable enough to understand the ancient alien technology. In the future the monster would be the weapon of choice followed closely by the spartan because of it's hands (used for construction as well as close combat) and bulk.

The idea of visually camoflaging the mech to avoid seeing them from the ground would make sense in this scenario. (not a fan of bright colours like Max and Milia's blue and red, I liked the dark green they had for the monster before. I think dark colours kind of make something look solid and heavy) A bomber, which then transforms into a robot attacking at nightime providing the first strike for others to safely invade and distract would make sense. Anything to gain an advantage. Hell, yamato should release a clear monster and call it an experimental optic camoflage mecha. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker