Science and Technology MEGA THREAD

Max Jenius

That reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter had ED-209 brought in as the school security guard.

DISPLAY YOUR HALL PASS! YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY. :lol:

11369205588421qe.gif

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...

Unintelligent Design

Unintelligent Design

A monstrous discovery suggests that viruses, long regarded as lowly evolutionary latecomers, may have been the precursors of all life on Earth

Remember in Macross Zero where Aries was having a discussion with her subordinates regarding Proto-Culture theory?

Well, check out that link above regarding pretty much the same discussions about viruses and life on earth.

Add this new stuff and the unknown underwater pyramids / protoculture-ruins and Kawamori and Macross series seem to be damn close to actual reality.

All we need now is the Zentradi to finally arrive in our Solar System in 2009. :lol:B))

Edited by treatment

Only makes sense since they are more simple, but the article is the typical sensationalistic style. <_<

BAH! Those ruins are typical of older civilazations. Hell the Med is full of them! It's called the ice age melting. Now if the Eygtians would let us dig under the Sphinx.... ;)

Edited by chrono

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, its like Spiral Zone or Venus Wars, but kinda not! ;) Here's an interesting streaming link on a local dude that has a working Monowheel Cycle Concept:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200660316001

Not only is it a monowheel, its a hubless design too! AFAIK, it doesn't have a gyroscope in it like the bombadier concept. I STILL wanna see him do a panic stop!!! :lol:

Crazy sumb*tch even did a V8 version! :ph34r:http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/str..._monowheel.html

Hyperspace, here we come!

Or, at the very least, it's an intersting theory.

383420[/snapback]

More fuel for that theory's fire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkowski_spacetime

Don't remember where, but I saw a null geodesics stuff (if I remember correctly, more like a spacefold than the other theories : p)

Space elevator? well.....for the cost I think rocketing it's easier, Imagine the ENORMOUS

amounts of materials needed for build that (it can be beaten), the extraordinary depth of the constructionn pit (for foundations, beatable as well) and if a 9.0 richter earthquake hits that bye bye (unless is built by japanese engineers, in that case only a 10+ quake could possibly do something)

Lightspeed: Sometime ago I saw that a bunch of people in switzerland made light to go faster and at 1/3 of its speed using fiber optics.

Anything about superconductivity out there?

Lightspeed: Sometime ago I saw that a bunch of people in switzerland made light to go faster and at 1/3 of its speed using fiber optics.

392792[/snapback]

Interesting. Got any links?

392816[/snapback]

I posted something simular in this thread. good luck finding it. edit: page 11

That chair just screams the next idea for powerrangers :p

Edited by Zentrandude

Damn my memory! I just remembered this

It's not as techie as the other posts BUT it's a LOT more practical

Unlockable vidcard list:

Nvidia 6200 (AGP) (4pipes) unlocks into 6600 (8pipes)

X800GTO2 (AGP) (dunno if it's the GTO or the GTO2 that unlocks)(12 pipes)unlocks to 16pipes

These ones are suspicious, I don't know for sure, just came to my mind

6800 GT unlocks into a 6800GT Ultra (pencil trick) and the ATi x1800 also unlocks

If I find more/confirm more vidcards, I'll post them here