PSP Official Discussion thread.

bandit29

I heard Coded Arms was all hype and no show :( while it shows that a FPS game is doeable on the PSP, the controls were still difficult to master and the game just didn't play well at all :( too bad.

I heard Coded Arms was all hype and no show :( while it shows that a FPS game is doeable on the PSP, the controls were still difficult to master and the game just didn't play well at all :( too bad.

313792[/snapback]

Ehh...I think I'll stay with my homebrew version of Doom for now then. ;)

Coded Arms was a pretty big dissapointment for me.

I just couldn't get into it.. no matter how much I tweaked and played I couldn't get used to the controls.  :(

313788[/snapback]

Coded Arms' biggest problem was that, even if you could get used to the controls, the game still sucked. It was more than akward controls that killed it.

what also sucked about Coded Arms was the random level generation.

soo annoying because lets say you died on a level. well when you back to it to try again its a completely different level and you don't know where anything is!

the 'random generation' also created useless rooms that would just waste your time exploring. really annoying.

i was playing it last nite tho and was having a little fun but this one may have to go on the chopping block for me. i'll probably trade in coded arms and untold legends towards 'death jr.' when that comes out.

Death Jr. has to be probably the most hyped PSP game to date. hope it delivers..

Damn. I palyed it at E3 and th0ought there was promise if you could remap the controls. but i guess not.

Oh, you can remap them, but no matter how you do, the controls are still a little akward. You could probably get used to them, but like I said, it doesn't change the fact that the game still sucks.

I was at Gamestop (cause I got so much credit right now) and I wanted to pick up something for my PSP since its been so long. I didn't want to spend too much, I wanted something around 60 bucks....thought "Hell why not a sound system?" So I looked around, they had this Stereo Station and Isound, no logitech anymore, they only had 2 of 'em :( poo.

So I talked to my friend there, he said "What ever you get, be it Isound, Logitech or Stereo Station, stay away from the station, it blows, I hate mine."

Station was 10 bucks more than Isound, and Logitech was pretty close to 60 dollars...so I thought "Heh, I'll get Isound cause it looks cute." I paid 18 dollars out of my pocket for Isound.

Went back to work, put in 4 AAA's, yes AAA's, pluged my PSP in, and WHAM! With Surround and Bass on I was yelled at by my boss that it was loud. My Co-worker was telling me "Dude keep it on I gotta hear this."

The speaker system is cleaner and much more crisp sounding than the PSP's speakers, and it even blows away my Karman/Kardon speakers for my HP computer here.

Best thing is I can connect it to my computer, Ipod (if I had one) CD player, and Stereo system if it has a 3.5 hook up.

Well worth the cash.

THE JAPANESE VERSION OF THE 2.00 UPDATE WORKS ON THE US PSP!!!

WOW!!

Web Browser, Wall Paper, Themes and IMAGE TRANSFERING BETWEEN PSP'S!!!! B))

314682[/snapback]

yep. man. the browser is soo nice compared to the wipeout one. saving images and movies to yoru memeory card is awsome. i am waiting for my 1 giger now whahah

Just a note of warning to all of you who are thinking about updating your US PSP to the JPN fw2.0. I've been seeing discussions over at pspudates.com where people have called Sony and they mentioned if you flash the JPN firmware, your PSP might not respond to future US Firmware updates.

I don't understand how that can be, but better wait for some definitive answers than to rush to update. The US firmware 2.0 will be out in about a week.

*Glances in topic, goes back to playing Ape Escape from the memory stick.*

Sony's going to have to give me a lot more than a browser to get me to upgrade. Especially because the only place I've been able to go online with my PSP is at home...

at this point in time it's not really worth it for me to upgrade...altho the wallpaper feature is tempting but not really enough for me to upgrade...if anything, a guy is going to hack up the update and make it so you could use a lot, if not all the functions the 2.0 os has....hell, you could already do half that stuff without the damn update!

Hmm, I guess this means that I should get my JPN PSP its 2.00 upgrade...

The only problem I have with my PSP is the fact that I can't get it to work with my wireless router, due to it not supporting the type of encryption that it uses. At least, I think that's what the problem is, if I 've read everthing correctly.

It's a shame that there's no homebrew for checking out .pdf files on the PSP. I just picked up 40 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man, and I think it'd be easier to dump the pdf files for the issues I want to read onto the PSP's memory stick than to either be shackled to my desk or to dig out the ol' laptop.

FYI, 40 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man is essentially an 11 CD-ROM set collectiong Amazing Fantasy 15 (Spidey's first appearance), plus every issue of Amazing Spider-Man from issue 1 in 1963 all the way through December of 2003. As mentioned, they're all set up as pdf files (and since it's two book pages per one pdf page, any size that keeps both pages on the screen at a time is two small to read the text), but that's a small trade-off to have 40 years of Spidey history for just $40.

This is probably old news but I thought I would at least post an update on the release of the US 2.00 update.

Although the 2.00 update was scheduled for the 12th it has now been postponed till the week of the 15th.

So I guess there are going to be 1000's of PSP owners waiting on the US Playstation web site or checking their Network update all week long.

Why people don't just update to the Japan release if they are that impatient is beyond me.

Scot

post-811-1123943562_thumb.jpg

Anyone know how to get homebrew workign for ver. 1.51?

317947[/snapback]

nope no homebrew working just yet...but it looks like there might be a chance for people who updated to 2.0 tho...i guess all of us will just have to wait and see who the whole homebrew thing unfolds

Hi guys

Any personal reviews on untold legends? I've been wanting to buy a rpg game and this one seems to be the only one out there how is the game play and what type of game is it like. Is it like you run around and than a monster suddenly appears or is it real time you can see the monster coming towards you and you fight than and there. Are the fight sequence real time (exp like street fighter) or turn base on selection like final fantasy. Just wondering if this game is good just fed up buying games and being disapointed . I'm asking you guys because I assume you have good taste since we all love macross :p

thanks

from Rich

Hi guys

Any personal reviews on untold legends?  I've been wanting to buy a rpg game and this one seems to be the only one out there how is the game play and what type of game is it like.  Is it like you run around and than a monster suddenly appears or is it real time you can see the monster coming towards you and you fight than and there.  Are the fight sequence real time (exp like street fighter) or turn base on selection like final fantasy.  Just wondering if this game is good just fed up buying games and being disapointed .  I'm asking you guys because I assume you have good taste since we all love macross  :p

thanks

from Rich

320091[/snapback]

Have you played any of the following?

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II

Champions of Norrath

Champions Return to Arms

X-Men Legends

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

If you have, you've pretty much got the gist of Untold Legend's gameplay (it's actually the closest to the Champions games... although the classes are different, they use the same stats system). Combat is on the hack and slash side, although you get experience points for quests completed and enemies killed. Get enough, and you level up. When you level up, you can add to your basic stats (Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, and Stamina), plus you get points to add to your skill tree (again, straight out of the Champions games). You have a hub level that will always include a store and a portal, and you spend most of your time exploring dungeons in search of gold, magic weapons and armor, and of course, the actual bosses you need to kill to move along what little story there is.

The only real departure from Champions is that you can only save at save points in Champions, but with gaming on the go in mind for the PSP, you can save anywhere in Untold Legends.

All-in-all, the game was whipped up in just six months, and it shows. However, if you enjoyed any of the titles I listed above, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of Untold Legends (at least enough to tide you over until the PSP release of X-Men Legends II), as I actually found it to be more entertaining that Snowblind's mind-numbing Champions Return to Arms.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the damn update?????

It's already the 16th, so this is B.S.!!!!!!!!

First they delay it by two days by saying say the 15th instead of hte 12th and now................ they say the week of the 15th????? SONY can kiss it!!!!

I WANT MY 2.0 now dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!