PSP Official Discussion thread.

bandit29

Thank goodness the PSP doesn't actually have any decent games, or else you could be complaining about those being delayed.  :lol:

320756[/snapback]

Decent, what are you smoking dude???/

Ridge racer!!

Metal Gear Acid

Luminaries

Night Stalkers

Wipeout

ALL SOLID GAMES!! ;)

As for releases, sure they have been dry but this fall, the floodgates will open up and there are plenty of bitching games on the way.

You effort would be better spent bitching to Sony about getting some decent games released for the system. A man can't live on Lumines alone.

321376[/snapback]

Cheer up. X-Men Legends II is coming, and it's supposed to have everything from the console versions PLUS extra flashback missions.

Not to mention Burnout Legends. The mechanic of crashing your car to see how much dollar damage you can do is ideally suited to quick goes on a portable.

And maybe I'm alone here, but I'm looking forward to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006...

Don't give a damn about the firmware update. Maybe I'll care more when I tire of homebrew.

You effort would be better spent bitching to Sony about getting some decent games released for the system. A man can't live on Lumines alone.

321376[/snapback]

Lumnes ia an addictive game but not the only good game. There is Metal Gead Solid, Ridge Racer, Wipeout and Night Stalkers.

Come September, there will be two killer titles:

BurnOut legens and GTA: Liberty city stories, so your comment is meaningless.

Now, back to more important things..........

It's FRIDAY SONY, where the F$(% is 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, i have been playing ridge racer and wipeout pure all day. i cannot wait for Burnout and GTA to come out. I do not have Lumines yet but will definetly look into it. by the way does anyone know if the USA PSP plays Japanese games? Star Soldier looks pretty good so i want to check that out.

chris

i agree, i have been playing ridge racer and wipeout pure all day. i cannot wait for Burnout and GTA to come out. I do not have Lumines yet but will definetly look into it. by the way does anyone know if the USA PSP plays Japanese games? Star Soldier looks pretty good so i want to check that out.

chris

321554[/snapback]

The US PSP does play Japanese games.

In fact....I have the Japanese version of Hot Shots Golf in my PSP right now.

Aside from the language barrier the game works perfectly.

very cool i will have to check out some of the import titles. the language barrier has never been a problem for me. i just do not want to get a game that is incompatible.

thanks so very much

chris

very cool i will have to check out some of the import titles. the language barrier has never been a problem for me. i just do not want to get a game that is incompatible.

thanks so very much

chris

321562[/snapback]

Gundam Battle Tactics comes out near the end of September. ;)

Lucky for me, I have a friend who'll be in Japan all month next month, so I'll try to have him pick it up for me. :lol:

thanks so very much

chris

321562[/snapback]

Gundam Battle Tactics comes out near the end of September. ;)

Lucky for me, I have a friend who'll be in Japan all month next month, so I'll try to have him pick it up for me. :lol:

321680[/snapback]

I just picked up Taiko no Tatsujin for PSP (Taiko Drum master) my girl and I love this game on PS2 so I got it for PSP. Although there is no drum the music is cool and its fun for a quick game. So its this, home brew and ridge racer that is tiding me over until Gran Turismo finally comes out in prolly 5 years haha.

http://www.users-side.co.jp/USA_WEB/index.php

you guys should check out a user side store near you. I know theres suppose to be one in so cal. They have a whole bunch of japanese games for all consoles, ds psp game cube playstation, they have some limited edition stuff from japan. A little expensive but thats how much you would pay with shipping. Actually the prices for the games aren't bad at all. They have computer stuff, dvds etc its like a japanese electronic store. Its a small store but packed with cool stuff also they have japanese video game posters for sale for 5 bucks a pop. Id probably ask them if they would do a pre order on the psp advant child, or see if there is a American version coming out soon advant child. Im still illiterate on the whole emulator thing sorry late in the game. Can anybody show me to a web site on a step by step process on how to do that? Also the psp9 seem really limited in compressing large files and takes way to long does anybody recomend the sony convertor brand thats for sale on ebay? any diffrence? its like 6 bucks for it.

from Rich :D

• 2 weeks later...

what type of game is it anyhow? i also heard rumors of a Veiwtful Joe game

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

That new Ghouls 'n Ghosts looks most excellent. Another interesting title I've heard of, wich will unfortunately probably be Japan-only is Mini-Pato.

325329[/snapback]

There's no chance in hell of Mini Pato coming over here, considering how poorly Patlabor sold when Viz was trying to release the anime and manga over here. On the bright side, it doesn't look look like an entirely complicated game, so it'd be an easy one to import.

Ghouls N Ghosts ! the most difficult game ever and SFA3 Upper are good editions to the PSP.

Where`s Konami`s support Gradius/Salamander, Castlevaina and Contra.  It`s mention that the PSP will be used as a remote device for the PS3 .    

325433[/snapback]

Well, the DS is getting Castlevania...

325493[/snapback]

Well for the PSP.

It seems the PSP is finally catching up.

325655[/snapback]

Niiiice, but will it come to the States?

325667[/snapback]

Heh heh, it doesn't really matter to me. My buddy left for Japan to apply for a K1 visa for his fiancee, and he's not coming back until after GBT is released. I'll have him pick one up for me there.

Well, the DS is getting Castlevania...

Igarashi-san has already stated in an interview with Hardcore Gamer magazine that he'd like to do a 2D Castlevania for the PSP.

Works for me, since I have both anyway. ;)