PSP Official Discussion thread.

bandit29

What do people think of the game Rengotku:Tower of Purgatory? I am sure I butchered the name, so dont point and laugh because of that....anyways...is it good? I thought it looked good, but didnt want to buy it until I heard from others....

Twich

played it. it sucks. the levels are simple and they don't change.. the first level looks like the last and plays the same way. game play is boring and repetetive. graphics are decent... sound is servicable... skip this one. it's a bomb.

Anybody play bleach for the psp? I saw it for sale on ebay and I got the game tonyhawk underground for the psp I'm loving it. I'm still in traning mode still its been 2 days its soo fun and I'm only on the first character. How are the skins for lumines? I might pick up the game just for the skins :p . I pick up dynasty warriors kinda slow don't pick it up its adisapointment its not like the ps2 dynasty warriors. You have a certain time frame to play each battle ,so its like mutipul short battles in one war. Does anybody know if untold legends is anygood?

From Rich

If you like game like Diablo, then you will like Untold Legends...I like hack and slash games, and I always have, so that was a given for me when I got the PSP, but some others might not like hack and slash games...so I guess it is all personal preference.

Twich

Anybody play bleach for the psp? I saw it for sale on ebay and I got the game tonyhawk underground for the psp I'm loving it. I'm still in traning mode still its been 2 days its soo fun and I'm only on the first character. How are the skins for lumines? I might pick up the game just for the skins :p . I pick up dynasty warriors kinda slow don't pick it up its adisapointment its not like the ps2 dynasty warriors. You have a certain time frame to play each battle ,so its like mutipul short battles in one war. Does anybody know if untold legends is anygood?

From Rich

I didn't like Dynasty Warriors that much. I like the series but this game eh..plus slowdown on a hanheld is torture. Probably gonna ebay his one.

Anime is coming to the PSP

Appleseed the Movie 19.99. Same price as the DVD

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/ca...tem/66447/4/0/0

and Samurai Champloo. Two episodes for 14.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/ca...tem/66448/4/0/0

Both are due in July. I don't think I'll buy them on UMD since I could rip the DVD to my memory card. But if I didn't have a 512MB card(hopefully a 1GB card soon...Dell bastards) and the capabilities to convert I'd consider buying them.

here are some skins that someone on the Playstion boards did for me, the regault would look better horizontal.

Robot-Request.png

okay...just got done playing lumines again :p now I have 112,228 and 22 skins :D I know it's not as good as DA's but I'm pretty happy i finally broke the 100k mark :D

Congrats! That's a pretty good mark. Now your next challenge is to break the 150K mark, then 200K....etc. Pretty soon Lumines will be the new crack. :p Just incase some people didn't know, you can get more skins by playing the vs CPU and the Puzzle modes.

About the Vs. CPU mode. It's a friggin sonuvabitch. Just drop and make squares as fast as possible especially once you hit the middle east themed skin. You let up for even 2 secs and the CPU will kick your ass. The last guy(Alien) is easy though. Very anti-climatic. The good news is once you beat this mode your personal best mark will skyrocket since it'll hone your skills.

Which means, I've got 3 more skins and a new personal best! I'll post that score later.

It'd be nice to get those type of skins on my PSP...wow I honestly haven't even touched mine in 2 weeks...maybe cause I only got 1 game now?

I need to find out what games I really wanna get then splurge at some point in the near future.

LUMINES IS FARTING ADDICTING!!!

I just finish spending a whole half hour on challenge mode...omg...my hands were like numb for a lil :blink:

yeah. I bought that last week. It's a great game. ;)

Agreed.

What's everyones high score so far? ;)

104780 with 19 skins. ;)

for the skin are they saved on the memory card than you can apply them on with out the game, or is it a skin that can only be on while playing the game. Any pics

I played ape escape I like the mini games but thats about it the game is meh more like a tresure hunt slash puzzle solving game.

from Rich

are you talking about skins on lumines? the skins are basically just different backgrounds, music, and colored blocks...

btw... i'm up to 115,030 and 24 skins

hey...does anyone know a good strategy for lumines? when i'm on vs the cpu i always try to play fast, aggressive and smart...but it seems like that isn't enough since the computer seems to like to cheat <_< ahh well...i guess i'll just heep pluging at it... and so far i've only played against a friend of mine...so far i have 44 wins and 29 loss' he thinks the game is cheating him out :p

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Vs. CPU....not really much strategy. Try to get those rectangle or multi square shapes if possible. If it's not there just make a regular square. Whatever you do don't waste time.

Let's see it's Cowboy, Jester, Samurai, Alien for the last four stages. I think. I've only beaten it twice.

Anyways

Score: 354219

Skins: 37

i still can't get down the 4 x 4 either... <_<

4X4 was hard as hell I think I just got lucky. Now I'm stuck on giraffe. :angry:

No new skins after 400K so I'm guessing that's it for skins in 1st player mode. (managed to cycle it back to the first skin/songs)

New score: 475,789

Haven't played time attack but I doubt you'll get skins from them. Just got to complete puzzle now. I'm on puzzle "0 1 2 3"

P.S. I could probably upload my Lumines file if anyone wants it. Should be too hard.

Anybody play bleach for the psp? I saw it for sale on ebay and I got the game tonyhawk underground for the psp

I have Bleach, I picked it up when I was in Tokyo last month. Its a fun game, a 3-D cell shaded fighter. I've never seen the anime, but I heard its a great depiction of it. The graphics are smooth, fast, and colorful; they look great on the screen. Gameplay is pretty fast - - its not the deepest fighter, but pretty fun and a visual treat for the PSP. The only drawback is the number of characters, very small amount (like 5 or 6). I would recommend it, just don't expect anything earth shattering.

One cool thing is a mini-game that you can unlock. Pretty much a clone of arkanoid on the PSP and you get to play it vertical I think...pretty awesome.

This is the game that I show off to friends :D

Got a Hori screen filter/protector.

$5.00 well spent. It actually cuts the glare quite a bit.

I got mine at Eb games.

I got the Logitech case and it makes my psp even more sexier :huh::p and Rengoku yesterday at Fry's in Fremont, Ca (They also sell import psp games too there mostly variations of Mah-Jong and Namco Museum). Rengoku:TOP It's a meh game; repetetive game play, monotonous thumb pushing and bad camera angles. It would have been better if the Analog nub was the default control the Digital pad sucks it hurts my thumb and the analog control camera is usless. Once I get through this snorefest I'm selling it and buying Untold Legends.

BTW: What's in your PSP collection?

Here's what I have:

Games

-Ridge Racer (All Prizes, Cars and Hard Mode)

-Lumines (My score so far 311,430)

-Rengoku: Tower Of Purgatory

Movies

-Spidey 2

-House Of Flying Daggers

Accessories

-Logitech Hardcase (also doubles as a stand to watch movies)

-Pelican UMD protectors and Hardface Cover

Edited by gerwalk25

Got a Hori screen filter/protector.

$5.00 well spent. It actually cuts the glare quite a bit.

I got mine at Eb games.

I got the Logitech case and it makes my psp even more sexier :huh::p and Rengoku yesterday at Fry's in Fremont, Ca (They also sell import psp games too there mostly variations of Mah-Jong and Namco Museum). Rengoku:TOP It's a meh game; repetetive game play, monotonous thumb pushing and bad camera angles. It would have been better if the Analog nub was the default control the Digital pad sucks it hurts my thumb and the analog control camera is usless. Once I get through this snorefest I'm selling it and buying Untold Legends.

BTW: What's in your PSP collection?

Here's what I have:

Games

-Ridge Racer (All Prizes, Cars and Hard Mode)

-Lumines (My score so far 311,430)

-Rengoku: Tower Of Purgatory

Movies

-Spidey 2

-House Of Flying Daggers

Accessories

-Logitech Hardcase (also doubles as a stand to watch movies)

-Pelican UMD protectors and Hardface Cover

As of right now?

Games:

Lumines

Need for Speed Underground: Rivals

Ridge Racer

Wipeout Pure

MLB

Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Untold Legends

Darkstalkers Chronicle

Movies:

Spider-Man 2

Accessories

The Pelican car charger.

PSP games trade in good, and there's a trade-in deal going on at work, so I might trade in Lumines and MLB. I'd love to pick up something new for it, but there's not a heck of a lot that's interesting me for it right now. I think the next game I'm really interested in is Death Jr. Maybe I should check out the import scene?

Games:

Lumines

Need for Speed Underground: Rivals

Darkstalkers Chronicle

Movies:

Spider-Man 2

Accessories :

Intec small metal case

logiteck play gear pocket case

256 scan disk pro duo (bought one for $40.00 today while I wait to see if the 1gig from dell ever comes in <_< )

P5040004.jpg

Edited by NSJ23

Does anybody own the Pelican "Brick" charger? Is it reliable and how much more battery time does it squeeze out with it? Curious, I'm thinking of buying one.

Okay, here goes my PSP collection!

Console:

- PSP, of course!

Case:

- Porter/Sony crossover limited edition Pictogram case

Games:

- Bleach

- Metal Gear Acid

- Untold Legends

- Dynasty Warriors

Movies:

- Biohazard 1

- Biohazard 2

Does anybody own the Pelican "Brick" charger? Is it reliable and how much more battery time does it squeeze out with it? Curious, I'm thinking of buying one.

I have the Pelican "Brick," its pretty reliable. Its supposed to be able to complete 2 full charges on the PSP, but thats only when you're not playing while you charge. One charge is supposed to take 2 hours, but I usually plug mine in and leave the house...so by the time I get back, the brick is completely empty. Its pretty useful for extra power; I used it while I was on the plane to Japan and in the airports. For what it does, its pretty good and compact. I would recommend it.

As for my collection:

console:

PSP

Games:

Wipeout Pure (gotta have the web browser)

Ape Escape

Ridge Racers

NBA Street Showdown

NBA

MLB

DarkStalkers

Bleach (import - you can see my impressions in my past post)

Movies:

Just Spiderman 2 (going to wait for my 1gb stick from Dell)

Accessories:

Logitech Playgear case

Gamestop (Pelican rebraned) carry all case (great travel pack)

Aero hard foam case

Some case I bought while I was in japan (I think I've tried almost all the cases, haha)

Pelican Power Brick

Sony USB cable (from my sony digital camera)

Hori Screen protector

Brando Screen protectors

Pelican Screen Protector (I tried all the protectors, Brando's the best b/c it convers most of the face of the PSP, and Hori would be second)

BTW, mikeszekely, how well do PSP games trade in at EB/Gamestop? I'm thinking of getting rid of NBA and Ape Escape...

My order for the 1GB Sony card from Dell got pushed back again...now to 06/15/05. <_<

What I have for my PSP

The system and all that stuff. I have a 512MB card wich currently has the first 4 episodes of Last Exile on it.

Games:

Darkstalkers

Dynasty Warriors

Ridge Racer

I had Untold Legends but I ebayed that. Might pick up Hot Shots Golf. I dunno what other games I'll pick up. I don't like professional sports games (except for NASCAR). Probably buy Armored Core in June. Tenchu for the PSP Import is coming out at the end of July. That's a must buy for me. I also read that King of Fighters Maximum Impact is coming to the PSP eventually.

Movies:

Spiderman 2

Resident Evil 2(should of just ripped the DVD I guess)

Logitech case is coming soon.

Edited by dejr8bud

I have the Pelican "Brick," its pretty reliable. Its supposed to be able to complete 2 full charges on the PSP, but thats only when you're not playing while you charge. One charge is supposed to take 2 hours, but I usually plug mine in and leave the house...so by the time I get back, the brick is completely empty. Its pretty useful for extra power; I used it while I was on the plane to Japan and in the airports. For what it does, its pretty good and compact. I would recommend it.

As for my collection:

console:

PSP

Games:

Ape Escape

Ridge Racers

NBA Street Showdown

NBA

MLB

DarkStalkers

Movies:

Accessories:

Logitech Playgear case

Aero hard foam case

Some case I bought while I was in japan (I think I've tried almost all the cases, haha)

Pelican Power Brick

Hori Screen protector

Brando Screen protectors

Pelican Screen Protector (I tried all the protectors, Brando's the best b/c it convers most of the face of the PSP, and Hori would be second)

BTW, mikeszekely, how well do PSP games trade in at EB/Gamestop? I'm thinking of getting rid of NBA and Ape Escape...

$15-$25. But the thing is, Gamestop is running a promotion right now... trade in one game, get an extra 10%, two get 20%, 3 30%, and 4 or more get 40% extra. The thing is, it applies to everything except consoles... so if you trade in NBA and Ape Escape, trade in two more games or DVDs you have lying around just to get the extra 40%.

As for my collection:

console:

PSP

Games:

Ape Escape

Ridge Racers

NBA Street Showdown

NBA

MLB

DarkStalkers

Movies:

Accessories:

Logitech Playgear case

Aero hard foam case

Pelican Power Brick

Hori Screen protector

Brando Screen protectors

Thanks for the info.

BTW, I found a Sony 156 memory stick with an adapter (for camcorders, digital cameras etc.) today on clearence for $24 at a Target and it works fine on my PSP.

Oh I forgot to add to my small list of accessories I own is a Sandisk 256 memory stick.

$15-$25. But the thing is, Gamestop is running a promotion right now... trade in one game, get an extra 10%, two get 20%, 3 30%, and 4 or more get 40% extra. The thing is, it applies to everything except consoles... so if you trade in NBA and Ape Escape, trade in two more games or DVDs you have lying around just to get the extra 40%.

Thanks, sounds like a good deal to me, is this promotion lasting awhile or ending soon?

Is there a templet for skin for the back of the logitech case? :unsure:

I'll keep an eye out for one, but I think most people just reverse the current template. It would be hard to adjust a printout to account for the dips in the back of the case. I've seen people who've done the back of the case and mentioned streching the image a tad.

$15-$25.  But the thing is, Gamestop is running a promotion right now... trade in one game, get an extra 10%, two get 20%, 3 30%, and 4 or more get 40% extra.  The thing is, it applies to everything except consoles... so if you trade in NBA and Ape Escape, trade in two more games or DVDs you have lying around just to get the extra 40%.

Thanks, sounds like a good deal to me, is this promotion lasting awhile or ending soon?

It just started Wednesday, so I'd say it'll run for at least a week. I want to run through Episode III real quick, maybe trade it in with MLB and two DVDs.

My PSP stuff so far.

1x PSP unit

1x Logitech Case

1x Spider-Man 2 UMD

1x Darkstalkers

1X Hot Shots Golf(friggen awesome)

1x Lumines

1x Ridge Racer

Waiting for...

My 1GB Dell Memory Stick Pro Duo

:(

Is there any news on when the official second update will be released?

I hear it will have a web browser, e-mail client, chat client, word doc. reader and spread sheet reader.

I just went to best buys in san jose near wester field mall/santana row and the the display where they keep the psp game had a advertise ment says buy any 2 psp soft ware(games) and get 15 dollars off. So I got hooked up but they made me fill out this weird form like the advertise ment shouldn't be there but if your lucky maybe you guys can get the 15 bucks off. Okay guys I order the 1 gb from dell it'll be here some time soon I hope. I downloaded the psp9 movie converter but like one 20-30min episode of anime is like 250 mb how do you guys fit like 4 episodes in a 512 mb? Do you guys use a movie compressor? My cousin told me that a 2 hr movie is 1gb and a half but the compressor gives you a choice to convert it into a 250-512 or 750 mb quality movie. what settings do you guys use to get a good quality and where can I down load the movie compressor? Also I picked up hero at target for 25 buck ever where else is like 30bucks crazy huh :p. Also my gf pick up a psp but no spider man movie she said :( . Can anybody recommend a website that sell umd movies for the psp.

from Rich

:D