Superman Has been cast!

Ladic

since when is 22 old?

When you're 22 and look like that.

It's called "make up". <_< While I do think she is seriously miscast for the part "normal" Kate looks nothing like that and it's not just because of the dye job.

Ross's designs capture the essence of how Superman should look:

So... Superman should look like bruce willis? :o

I think this superman needs a little meat on his bones, I wonder how he will look in blue tights and those sticks he calls limbs :huh:

Edited by Abombz!!

This is a rumor and not a spoiler: Thanks www.kryptonsite.com; another X-Man might appear in Superman Returns as well as James Marsden, Hugh Jackman. The rumor is Bryan Singer is in talks with Jackman to play Jonathan Kent in flashback scenes. The movie will stay true to Jonathan being dead so he'll appear in scenes involving young Clark. Real cool if it's true.

Ross's designs capture the essence of how Superman should look:

So... Superman should look like bruce willis? :o

I think this superman needs a little meat on his bones, I wonder how he will look in blue tights and those sticks he calls limbs :huh:

I agree. I don't think he should be a bodybuilder, or even have a "huge" physique or anything... After all his large muscles aren't what gives him his super powers. I just think it shouldn't be a skinny kid.

********Spoilers Beware*****************

"Superman" Extra's Spy Report

Posted:  Sunday April 17th, 2005 10:55am

Source:  Dark Horizons

Author:  Garth Franklin

Last week shooting at one of Sydney's major transport hubs literally stopped traffic and caused all sorts of excitement. Now, 'Glebe Boy' drops in his report from that action which is looking to be repeated again this weekend but on a smaller scale:

"I was an extra this week in scenes for SUPERMAN RETURNS, being shot in downtown Sydney. One of the many extras, mind you. It's only my second ever gig - after a bit in ATTACK OF THE CLONES - but it's fun stuff. I thought you might like a quick run-down. I was hired to play one of the many people standing outside the Metropolis hospital - where we had to cry and pray for Superman to become well. The place where I usually get public transport home is now, well, a film-set.

We were informed to dress-down, and wear rain coats, because they wanted to get some rain machines going on in the scenes at times. It's a sad scene were Superman is on his death bed....we're not told why....and where we, the people of metropolis, band together to pray for his recovery. Originally we were told it was a death scene for one of Superman's friends - but when we got there, we were handed banners, and told to cry for "Superman"! News-reporters hover about (Lois Lane is, of course, 'on the scene'), cameramen, and little kids everywhere - who are blubbering over Superman dying. A lady had to stand next to me, looking like she was my wife, and had a sign wavering about saying 'Save our Hero!'.

I'm not sure whether or not he does cark it in this scene, but another of the extras tells me he heard he does - but is reincarnated as a stronger version of himself, something from the comics, which I have never read. Shamefully. There is a mass of floral around the scene - roses, daisies, posies etc, left for Superman - and we did spot several bunches in the transport trucks that were dead, almost black. We wondered whether they might have been 'dried out' on purpose - say, for a scene later (when we're gone), where he does indeed die? I think this is a scene at the start of the movie, so I guess that explains why he would 'go away for a while' and not come back for several years?

We never got to see Brandon Routh, he wasn't even on-set. I think he was shooting later in the week, in Fox Studios, in the scene with Richard Branson. But he definitely wasn't here either day. At lunch, Bryan Singer came over to say hello to some of us. He's a really nice guy - softly spoken (so hard to hear at times) but pleasant. He hopes to do most of the Superman sequels apparently, if "they have him", he joked. And joked that he's going to "Stick with Brandon". He is going to do "Logan's Run" after this. He wants to do it in Sydney too - which will be great for us."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050417b.php

Every site I've been to says bummer about Lois.

What a forehead. She looks like that in the film. Those are on-set shots. This honestly pretty much ruins the movie for me. Call me vain but I think Lois should look amazing. Superman is the perfect man isn't he?

Come on, even Smallville's Lois is great. BTW, Kate was rejected by Smallville when she tried out for Lois on that show.

Doesn't look so bad. I mean the movie won't be ruined because Superman looks like a douche bag... Now it MAY be ruined for other reasons, but we will see.

I think he needs a bit more RED.

Actually, it needs to be a brighter red. Like the red they used for Spider-Man. That red is near marron, not a bright red.

edit: The inside of the cape is a closer red than the outside of the cape.

Edited by azrael

dunno...i think maybe AgentONE would make a better lookin' superman :p

i think the S needs to be bigger and not made outta plastic...sorta looks generic to me <_< and the belt buckle should be plain and round...all the suit needs is one S :rolleyes: the red needs to be a bit brighter like the red on the inside of the cape would do....the the current red's more of bizzaro's color :lol::p

dunno...i think maybe AgentONE would make a better lookin' superman :p

:lol:

Nah, thanks for thinkin of me, but Superman gets his powers because he is from another planet. Not because he has big muscles... I kinda feel like he shouldn't have big muscles. But then again, you can't have the body of a girlie man and look anything but retarted in that skin tight suit.

I might sound gay for bring this up but for a guy called super man you'd expect a bigger bulge or any bulge. Look at the angle of the pic, tights and underwear. Some superman he is. :lol:

YOU are right... THAT is gay.