Superman Has been cast!

Ladic

interesting choice of plot:

brandon.jpg

For those naysayers still clinging to the hope of Caviezel or Welling, the axe is finally buried. The casting of Routh as reported here Saturday night has now been finally and officially confirmed by both the trades and Bryan Singer himself. Deals weren't finalised which is why there's been a lag with the proper announcements.

Now, my weekend report also spoke of the 'Superman missing for six year's time period, and the Kryptonian & Fortress of Solitude production design being exactly like that of the old Donner movies. That talk has since been confirmed. Today however AICN revealed those aren't the only things being carried over - Singer has revealed the old John Williams theme tune is coming along as well.

Next up, writer Dan Harris spoke with the Chicago Sun-Times and revealed that "He'll begin in his late 20s. He lost his powers in 'Superman 2' and now he has the powers back. But something has happened because he's been away for a long time...We're taking off from the first two Superman films with Christopher Reeve. We use his history and then move on with big twists and great special effects. We're not going to do the origin story again. Our view is if you're over 25 years old, then you've seen the Reeve films and that's Superman to you. If you're under 25, then you watch TV's 'Smallville,' and that's Superman to you".

Finally, rumours have started already swirling about potential Lois, Jimmy and Lex actors ranging from Evangeline Lilly from TV's "Lost" as Lois and even Kevin Spacey as Lex (interesting choices actually). My advice is to essentially be patient as quite frankly the real announcements should be forthcoming within the next week or two anyhow so there' s little point in speculating. I can confirm though the Mischa Barton (as Lois) & Topher Grace (as Jimmy) talk is false.

Thanks to 'Gustavo', 'JHBlade', 'Paul', 'Vincent' & 'Robert'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041020e.php

Reeves was good as an 80's superman don't get me wrong, but I did not like his Clark Kent, portrayed him as bumbling dork, which he was not, he really was fairly competent, just a nieve especially when compared to Lois Lane. Now comes the big question, who will play Lois Lane, needs to be some raven haird beauty who is also tough as nails and smart.

Wow AgentOne actually someone other then his fantasy lover Arnold for a movie part I'm amazed.

Well, as I feel that The Oak is the closest thing humans have to Jesus or God, it really wouldn't make sense to have him play some character with god-like powers. :lol:

Seriously though, there are a ton of other actors that I like, I mean come on... Like Van Damme, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, or anyone else in Predator.

Little known fact: VD was the original predator, he was replaced before the final cut.

Wow AgentOne actually someone other then his fantasy lover Arnold for a movie part I'm amazed.

Well, as I feel that The Oak is the closest thing humans have to Jesus or God, it really wouldn't make sense to have him play some character with god-like powers. :lol:

Seriously though, there are a ton of other actors that I like, I mean come on... Like Van Damme, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura, or anyone else in Predator.

Little known fact: VD was the original predator, he was replaced before the final cut.

Even less known fact: Shane Black (Hawkins) wrote Lethal Weapon at the age of 22. His script for the Last Boyscout was the first to break the one million dollars mark and was sold for 1.75 million dollars. He also wrote Last Action Hero for The Oak, his co-star for Predator. He's considered to be a pioneer of the modern action films.

Even less known fact: Shane Black (Hawkins) wrote Lethal Weapon at the age of 22. His script for the Last Boyscout was the first to break the one million dollars mark and was sold for 1.75 million dollars. He also wrote Last Action Hero for The Oak, his co-star for Predator. He's considered to be a pioneer of the modern action films.

YEAH!!! Forgot about that.... Yep everyone in Predator kicks ass.

Please, tell me that you do not really like Van Damme. :o

VD rates up there with pot bellied Steven Seagal in the overrated B movie actor category. Both of them are world reknowned Aholes, and VD is just a Belgian sissy IMHO.

Leonard Maltin summed it up best...

His thick-as-Heinz accent, wooden line readings, and noticeable lack of humor and irony mark him as one of the World's Worst Actors-he played twins in Double Impact (1991) and was twice as unconvincing as usual-but this handsome performer tries hard, unlike fellow horrible actor/martial-arts star Steven Seagal.

And I lost all respect I had for Jesse Ventura after reading about his Kerry-esque misrepresentations of his time in the Navy, when he was a [wink]SEAL[/wink] in Viet Nam by way of the Phillippines.

Anyway, back on topic, Reeve is the only Superman in my book, so this new endeavour looks to be a waste of time.

Reeves was good as an 80's superman don't get me wrong, but I did not like his Clark Kent, portrayed him as bumbling dork, which he was not, he really was fairly competent, just a nieve especially when compared to Lois Lane. Now comes the big question, who will play Lois Lane, needs to be some raven haird beauty who is also tough as nails and smart.

AMEN!!! Reeve played Supes well, but not Kent. To date my favorite Clark Kent is, and most likely always will be, Dean Cain. he makde Kent seem more human, not a caricature.

Cool. I like that the guy's an unknown. Reeve was essentially an unknown, as was Welling... I think the role kinda requires it. I can't go into a movie and see Nic Cage and not think "why is H.I. McDunough flying?"

I also heard the craft services guy from the movie Predator invented a cure for hangovers, fought a 12-foot Python, and rescued a baby from a burning oil tanker. It's true. I swears it. :p

I like the fact that the story will continue from Superman 2 and completely forget 3 and 4,

Yes, we'd all like to forget 3 and 4. I'm embarrassed (sp?) to say I've even watched those. Anyway, supposedly they pick up 6 years after two. I'm wondering how they're going to explain Supes just falling off the planet like that for 6 years. Justice League fighting intergalactic menace?

Reeves was good as an 80's superman don't get me wrong, but I did not like his Clark Kent, portrayed him as bumbling dork, which he was not, he really was fairly competent, just a nieve especially when compared to Lois Lane.  Now comes the big question, who will play Lois Lane, needs to be some raven haird beauty who is also tough as nails and smart.

AMEN!!! Reeve played Supes well, but not Kent. To date my favorite Clark Kent is, and most likely always will be, Dean Cain. he makde Kent seem more human, not a caricature.

Yeah dude! Dean Cain! That's the dude from Lois and Clark!

YEAH!!! Forgot about that.... Yep everyone in Predator kicks ass.

Except Van Damme. Seriously, dude, that guy's a pussy. The other guys are buff manly men, like AgentOne, but Van Damme is like an immitation manly men who's really a pussy.

Please, tell me that you do not really like Van Damme. :o

VD rates up there with pot bellied Steven Seagal in the overrated B movie actor category. Both of them are world reknowned Aholes, and VD is just a Belgian sissy IMHO.

No, I really think he rocks. When he has a good director, he is a great actor... Time Cop, Lion Heart, Hard Target, and Universal Soldier were ALL AWESOME!!!

First of all, I agree with those who see Christopher Reeves as the only Superman. I actually liked his Clark Kent rendition because Superman was everything Kent was not. This night and day comparision could only help a superhero that doesn't wear a mask, because the glasses Kent wore just weren't enough. :D

It is PAINFULLY obvious that Hollywood is saturated with NO TALENT writers who have to regurgitate old stories every 20 years because they lack the vision to create new and interesting ideas. Television is even worse. Reality TV anyone? I say make new movies about new heroes or original movies about old heroes that have never escaped the pages of a book. I for one really hope that Hollywood eventually makes a movie about The Micronauts! ;)

It is PAINFULLY obvious that Hollywood is saturated with NO TALENT writers who have to regurgitate old stories every 20 years because they lack the vision to create new and interesting ideas. Television is even worse. Reality TV anyone? I say make new movies about new heroes or original movies about old heroes that have never escaped the pages of a book. I for one really hope that Hollywood eventually makes a movie about The Micronauts! ;)

Someone oughta make a movie out of Ross and Waid's Kingdom Come, by DC Comics.

It is PAINFULLY obvious that Hollywood is saturated with NO TALENT writers who have to regurgitate old stories every 20 years because they lack the vision to create new and interesting ideas. Television is even worse. Reality TV anyone? ...

You may be right, but the spike in popularity in reality TV really has to do with the fact that it is super cheap to produce, not a lack of ideas. Think about it. They don't have to pay any actors.

Awww, I can't believe people are crying about unoriginaltiy when comic book movies have been lacking before X-Men and Blade. Sure we got Superman and Batman. But that was it. Comic book was a source waiting to be tapped and it just needed the right technology for them to brought to the screen. But if you want to see originality, you have the Incredibles comig out next month! So the argument that Hollywood is unoriginal is... well it's still valid. But you gotta be kidding me when someone like Singer, who's already proven himself, has still no room for reasonable doubt in people's minds. You guys are just whining for the sake of whining.

• 2 months later...

Spacey's a good choice, but I question whether or not he'll be interested in doing sequels. I haven't really seen K.B. in any films. She won't have been my choice of a Lois Lane though. Lois IMO should come off as a mature cynic to balance out Clark's boyish optimism, not as some hot blonde of the month.

It is PAINFULLY obvious that Hollywood is saturated with NO TALENT writers who have to regurgitate old stories every 20 years because they lack the vision to create new and interesting ideas. Television is even worse. Reality TV anyone? I say make new movies about new heroes or original movies about old heroes that have never escaped the pages of a book. I for one really hope that Hollywood eventually makes a movie about The Micronauts!  ;)

Someone oughta make a movie out of Ross and Waid's Kingdom Come, by DC Comics.

Now that would make one hell of a titanic story. Although I would doubt it would ever seriously happen. I'd be interested if they could make a movie that incorporated just the basic premise, of a war between the classic metahumans and the newer vigilante types with a Superman long separated from caring about humanity.

Well, I'll give Bosworth a chance but for some reason Singer, or his casting agent is really bad at casting the women for his features, while he's spot on with the male heroes. I love famke Jansenn, but not as Jean Grey... and Halle Berry as Storm?

:rolleyes:

I like the fact that the story will continue from Superman 2 and completely forget 3 and 4,

Yes, we'd all like to forget 3 and 4. I'm embarrassed (sp?) to say I've even watched those. Anyway, supposedly they pick up 6 years after two. I'm wondering how they're going to explain Supes just falling off the planet like that for 6 years. Justice League fighting intergalactic menace?

I'm with you guys, and the fact that they're taking this approach to the movie makes it sound actually fairly interesting. For the first time since the rumours of a new Superman movie surfaced, I'm actually somewhat excited about the prospect.