Paul W.S. Anderson Pens "Alien 6"

Ladic

UK Teletext reports that British director Paul W. S. Anderson ("Alien vs. Predator", "Resident Evil") is to write the sixth movie in the "Alien" franchise, according to sources close to the film maker.

Newcastle-born Anderson, 39, has apparently been asked by Twentieth Century Fox to pen a new script featuring the creatures on their own (ie. no Predators). Whether that includes the return of Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) however is unknown.

The offer for the moment is simply to pen the script, not to direct as such although that may happen thanks to the success of AVP.

Thanks to 'Victor'.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041018n.php

*puts gun in mouth*

And if I ever see any of you AvP supporters, I swear I'm going to punch you right in the clitoris.

They might actually like that. For anyone who would go see a PWSA movie is looking for any kind of cheap, mindless stimuli.

You see this is the thing. It's like that mouse/cat-ball fairy-tail, and you all are the mice. One of you COULD stand for us and, oh say, brutally kill Anderson, but you all are only looking out for your OWN interests, like body-desposal and jail time. So unless you sissies wanna step up to the plate and take one for the team QUIT YER WHINING!!! :angry::lol:

btw, the last Alien movie was 2. ;)

btw, the last Alien movie was 2. ;)

the last alien movie was ALIEN.

Not Aliens: Ants in SPACE! (although i liked it, it doesn't hold even a flickery candle to the original)

while i've always liked predator, the pred movies have always been just a slight notch above b-movies. AvP didn't make me sad for the preds. but Aliens started out as a very pure and well done movie. Stunning alien and just utter pure animalistic evil. Alien doesn't deserve the "extreem to the max" treatment. predator.. eh... he's cool but he's lower on the production values ladder.

(strange set of opinions i know, considering i find the predator much more intresting than the aliens)

Edited by KingNor

aliens is turning into SW.  :p

You mean Star TREK

More like Battlefield Earth. :ph34r:

BF Earth was t3h suck, but I think we were talking about a series that took a turn for the worse.

I enjoyed AvP for what it was, but giving this guy them helm for the next aliens movie is a bad idea. Not as bad as the guy they gave Resurrection to (I hole AvP in a mich higher esteem than that pile of crap), but it's still a bad idea. He can't catpture the atmosphere that's needed. Is there no one who can do a good Aliens movie now? :(

I'm seeing visions of starship troopers, but with Alien drones and a hint of RE atmosphere.

Well, about a year and a half ago, both Ridley Scott and James Cameron were publically talking about doing Alien 5....together. Now....well, it seems that ship has sailed. :(

That would be the ideal situation to have them both or either on it, but I suppose Anderson costs a lot less, so do the math. I didn't see AvP, but from what I remember, it wasn't THAT much of a hit, was it? I remember it kind of opened big but dropped way off the second week, didn't it???

WTF?! Alien 6?! :huh:

This is just pure unadulterated Alien hatered! :angry: Ever since Aliens, I've started hating the Alien movies afterwards.

Even after buy the Alien Legacy DVD box set(way back in 2001), I only watched Alien and Aliens repeatedly. So much so, that I feel cheated about buying the box set. <_<

And I never bought or will buy the new box set, only the single new DVD's of Alien and Aliens, unless there's no new features or if it has the same features as the last DVD's back in 2001. Hmmm....I gonna check that out right now to see if it's worth my money.

Week 1 Alien vs. Predator $ 38,291,056 #1

Week 2 Alien vs. Predator $ 12,409,624 #4

Week 3 Alien vs. Predator $ 4,907,613 #7

Week 4 Alien vs. Predator $ 3,178,806 drops out of top 10 list

Yep, AvP opened big, then sank like a stone. However, there's only two figures that the studios care about these days:

$38,291,056 - Opening weekend (mainly for bragging rights, it seems)

$103,873,228 - worldwide box office

Weighed against the $60 mil budget, plus another estimated $35 mil advertising, AvP is a "hit," however marginal its profit might actually be in the real world. Hence Anderscum gets to gleefully ply his uberhack talents on the franchise some more.

not that my opinion matters but for years I've been wanting a colonial marines movie or tv series. It would go a long way to explain the situation. Note I could care less what the comics and books have to say about these questions.

Why does the corporation want the alien so much?

How much power does the corp have politcally and militarily?

Are the colonial marines a seperate entity from say a earth system or directorate marine corps or just a militia like the 1776 colonial minutemen?

What is the governing body of the united states and where is it?

Is there a power struggle or civil war going on?

And finally for the AVP fans did humans steal technology from the preds in the time after the avp movie?

Well, about a year and a half ago, both Ridley Scott and James Cameron were publically talking about doing Alien 5....together. Now....well, it seems that ship has sailed.  :(

That would be the ideal situation to have them both or either on it, but I suppose Anderson costs a lot less, so do the math. I didn't see AvP, but from what I remember, it wasn't THAT much of a hit, was it? I remember it kind of opened big but dropped way off the second week, didn't it???

Yeah, they should do the math. If they got Scott and Cameron together, it would probably result in a better product and really revive the franchise. Cameron's movies have always done well respectably as have Scott's. I guess Fox doesn't give a crap.

And the worst thing that can become of this? This movie will probably be like Batman and Robin, with a singing and dance routine thrown in for extra measure and given a G rating for the little kiddies to come and see.

Week 1  Alien vs. Predator  $ 38,291,056  #1 

Week 2  Alien vs. Predator  $ 12,409,624  #4

Week 3  Alien vs. Predator  $ 4,907,613    #7

Week 4 Alien vs. Predator  $ 3,178,806  drops out of top 10 list

Yep, AvP opened big, then sank like a stone. However, there's only two figures that the studios care about these days:

$38,291,056 - Opening weekend (mainly for bragging rights, it seems)

$103,873,228 - worldwide box office

Weighed against the $60 mil budget, plus another estimated $35 mil advertising, AvP is a "hit," however marginal its profit might actually be in the real world. Hence Anderscum gets to gleefully ply his uberhack talents on the franchise some more.

Damn that worldwide audience... :angry:

AMERICA!

F*ck yeah!!!

Oh wait... Bsu's Canadian.... :(

And the worst thing that can become of this? This movie will probably be like Batman and Robin, with a singing and dance routine thrown in for extra measure and given a G rating for the little kiddies to come and see.

Song and dance thrown in... I think Return of the Jedi would be a better comparison.

-Al

This sucks. I was really hoping Ridley would get attatched to the project and do a true sequel (no ill-will to Cameron, who did a fantastic film IMO). But I suppose money talks. I sure won't go to see new film, but doubt very much that will save me from watching it. Hell, I've avoided paying for Tarantino for years, but I've somehow seen every film of his :)

Just what the Alien franchise needs.. another turd... why FOx keeps raping such an awesome movie like Alien? for the money I guess.. but they're to me what Harmony Gold is to Macross... although a lot of you guys think that Alien 3 is horrible it brought a good culmination to the series, and with the releasing of the special edition it got a bit more enjoyable, to the contrary Alien resurrection and AvP are just worthless teen movies, exactly what the batman movies after Batman Returns were... turds... I for instance would like to see somebody to just prohibit any more Alien sequels 'till we get a director and a writter that it's worthy of making such a film, not a teeny booper amateur who would be better doing crappy series like Birds of Prey and Smallville, however such thing is not gonna happen, in my opinion the last Alien movie was Alien 3 and if I coud only own one I would chose the first movie, after years of watching it, it still gives me the creeps from time to time and it's a movie that just doesn't get old. The lack of good writters and directors that plague the major studios is evident these days... I hope no more new Alien stuff appears ever.. Alien 4 and AvP are shitty enough. My .02 cents and please make your comments

Later folks

Hey, don't blame me! I did my part and didn't go to AvP!!

How many here can say the same thing? :p

my brotha!

i stand united with you, our solidarity against sh!t movies while the rest say "i hate it, but i'll be in line when it hits theaters and buy the boxed set when it comes out" you and i will be standing strong in defiance of utter crap.